headed to Guyana

Discussion in 'F.C. New York' started by msilverstein47, Jul 23, 2011.

1. stupidslap

stupidslap Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good shit!

3. Seaside

Seaside Member

Oct 28, 2009
    FC New York's website seems a big joke...

- They're still advertising a player meet and greet from April 30.
    - Their roster is devoid of player numbers or profiles.
    - There is no date on posted releases/articles to give the reader any context of when the game occurred.
    - They haven't updated their schedule with season results.
    - This release and I assume many others aren't even posted.

I can keep going but just will safely say USL letting franchises like this in is what in part caused the breakaway from the beginning. They're the magicJack of USL at this point, just with owners that don't spout off on a blog.

4. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're a joke man. Even interns that work there are saying the "top brass" have no idea what they're doing. They have 0 Marketing people on....for real...
    And they're too busy trying to "ban" the only organized supporters club willing to even hang out at a few games.
    God help them if the Cosmos ever get admitted to MLS or NASL.

5. buzz99

buzz99 Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    When floundering and in trouble, maintain a low profile, then create a "big story" (like going to Guyana or building a new stadium or about to sign a new international star) to give organization some false credibility and hope for the future. Next step, stop paying players, coaches, releasing or transferring players, and shutting down web site altogether.

Sounds like nothing has changed since I attended early season match and half of the 300 or so fans were supporters of visiting team. No one had tickets, security was screwed up and bathrooms were closed so St. Johns Univ. staff had to open building for those of us needing relief! This organization has been a joke from day 1.