He Scores When He Wants .. - The Marcus Rashford Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Mar 24, 2016.

1. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
  2. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    I fear he end up like Welbeck...

3. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    he is firmly on that path and the club will suffer because of it. We have him as our Golden Boy/Poster Boy so we're going to hang onto him until the club is basically dust

4. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    I hope all of our fears are proven wrong ...

5. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    If Martial isn't back straight away then we need Ole to ram into Rashford's head that when the ball is wide, he should be making runs and gambling on players finding him, rather than just jogging into the box whilst comfortably marked and a yard off of where he should be. The number of balls whipped in low across the six yard box that he was nowhere near...

Also his left foot was shocking today.

JamesA repped this.
  6. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This, 100%

He needs to watch some old clips of Cheech.

Rashford doesn't make 9 like runs in the box. Martial has work to do in that regard too, but hes streets ahead.

It's not a talent problem. Rashford just isnt aware. He doesn't have natural 9 instincts.

7. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    When Rashford first broke through he routinely made those runs and was in the right spot.

Then he spent three seasons being shifted around, and now we have a blunt weapon.

I was excited for Rashford this year because it finally looked like a coach was going to stick him where he could develop all his attributes and let him shine. Whoops.

We should be playing Martial and Rashford as a pair up top. But we can't do that because Pogba is possibly the dumbest 'top' footballer I've ever seen at a big club. All the talent in the world, but you'd think he was higher than a kite three quarters of the time he's playing. Absolutely no idea how to play quickly on the ground and absolutely no idea where he's supposed to be.

8. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    His left foot is always shocking, that's why he always cuts back.

I get that he's young and developing, but nothing about his game in front of goal says future top 5 scorer in the league. He's just not a natural finisher and you can get some goals by just having a cannon of a shot and maybe even luck into 20, but being up there with the top guys in the league doesn't happen unless you're a good finisher which Rash is not.

doubletrouble repped this.
  9. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agree, his left foot has always been a weakness and something the coaches should have been working on with him. If you want to play through the middle you have to be able to finish off either foot.

He also scored a few headers initialy but that seems to have left his game a bit too.

He has the best environment in terms of having a two-footed striker who was a great finisher as his coach and a young talent in Greenwood who is a natural and a two-footed finisher to give him competition. Also Martial is a better finisher at this point too - so should push him. The conditions are ideal for him to learn.

He is 22 in a few weeks, so really needs to start making progress on these areas. I'm fairly hopefull he will :)

The one issue he (and all strikers at our club) have, is will they get the service??

Anonymous_United repped this.
  10. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    The service will be limited and i dont want to repeat same words why is that the case..

11. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    service is one thing but his finishing is another.

he has had a fair amount of games for a 21/22 year old. more than most but i think he's stalled. you'd think his finishing would improve even a little bit but he's preventing that himself when a good chunk of his shots are the stupid ones from 30+.

aside from that he isn't really cool under pressure either like Martial. i hope he improves but i just don't see it when he doesn't really get many chances from high percentage areas

12. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    There was this stat that showed him in 1v1's like a season or so ago and it was awful. Like 2 goals in about 80 1v1 chances. Many made the excuse that he was young. The same excuse people keep making. Michael Owen, Ronaldo 9, Kluivert, Raul to name a few were young and were slotting in goals left and right.

I am tired of hearing the young excuse for Rashford, absolutely tired of it. It's become so cliche and embarrassing now.

13. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    Where were all these young excuses when he burst onto the scene and was doing well? People on here and other places were saying stuff like "He's only 19 blah blah blah just imagine how he would be in a couple years time." Those couple years have come and now we use his age as an excuse.

Anonymous_United and giggs88 repped this.
  14. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Prime Cheech would have got two goals against Soton from Dan James' left foot crosses alone. I wonder what our true xG would have been if we'd had a striker making aggressive near post runs.

15. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There's really only one poster here you constantly apologizes for Rash and makes excuses. And since you've bad-mouthed Rashford he should be popping in any second now. You basically just turned on his idiot Bat signal.

16. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    :ROFLMAO:

17. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    :D ..bat signal ..:ROFLMAO:

18. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Social media makes racism too easy - Rashford

https://www.skysports.com/football/...s-rashford-social-media-makes-racism-too-easy

It goes for any type of bad/negative behavior really. Social media platforms in the end are a double edge sword. There clearly are good and practical sides, but the negative side is pretty bad. And apparently getting worst by the looks of things. And they need to find ways to curb those tendencies (as much as they can at least).

19. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    Amazing how much better of a footballer he looks with such 'shit' midfielders like Henderson, Rice, and Barkley.

One of England's best players on the night. He, Kane, and Sterling make a great partnership.

Creative, direct, penetrative. Amazing what happens when he plays with players whose main attribute isn't stand up dribbling and losing possession.

20. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It helps when the opponent is Bulgaria.

21. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    Hi ShAdOW,

"Haha I hAd To, I'm TeAcHiNg LiFe LeSsOnS. bUt DoN't WoRrY i'Ll PuT hIm On IgNoRe ToNiGhT."

---

He was the best England player against the Netherlands in June, too. When he went off injured, then England went to shit without him and completely lost control of the game. That was against possibly the best CB pairing in the game.

The only thing that 'helps' is not having Bambi on Ice as the "string puller" in the heart of the pitch. So much easier for intelligent players to play with fluidity than stop/start.

22. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    God I miss the Amdrag & Rooney days, and the Johno & Carrick days. At least then there was enough evidence or arguable truth in what was being said to provoke a debate. When an argument is so easy to brush aside and you know it's just one very troubled man making them, it's hard to summon up the strength to answer, knowing you'll get another day or two of utter horseshit you'll also be expected to reply to.

topnoevili, Stud83, MizzouMUFC and 2 others repped this.
  23. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wasn't DS on about Carrick too?

24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rashford should use Ronaldo as a role model - Meulensteen

https://www.goal.com/en/news/rashfo...-model-meulensteen/1edljmq4k0lox1169o21f9a20j

Rashford clearly looks more effective when he's playing on the flank and has an actual CF to play off of (like Ronaldo used to).
    It was obvious when he was partnered with Martial this season so far and we've seen in yesterday's game vs Bulgaria. Doesn't have the instincts of a genuine 9 (who knows if he ever will) but there is little doubt of his quality in a WF role.
    And until/unless he can improve his play in the 9 spot, how he is deployed currently is where he should remain, at least for the time being.

25. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    think it was Gibson. maybe Carrick too though