He Scores When He Wants .. - The Marcus Rashford Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Herrera is another player whi can rake penalties but i would have Martial as #1 and Pogs never fill me with any confidence with his infuriating steps..

2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Although it might have been fortuitous on some level at the time, will always be thankful for van Gaal having the fortitude to go with Rashford for the Midtjylland game (Mourinho for instance would surely would have played Fellaini at CF or something of that nature). Going with Rashford worked and the rest is history...
    That pic above also reflects how Rashford has obviously bulked up since his debut. He'll never be a big guy, but he no longer looks as rail thin as he used to either.

Anonymous_United repped this.
  3. Gilma1990

Gilma1990 Member+

Jul 30, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As bad as the LVG and Mourinho eras were, we should be grateful for the players that turned into really good signings.

Martial, Ander, Pogba, Lindelof, Shaw, etc.

jnielsen repped this.
  4. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Good lad Rashford ! Acknowledging where its due.

5. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I actually liked LvG. While his playing style was not up to the culture, he seemed to have an idea for a right sided attacking player to finish his process, which of course never came to fruition. We are still looking for that right sided attacker. Lol.

Plus, no LvG, no way we would have seen Rashford in the team. He also brought in Martial. I don’t think that was a club signing.

Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  6. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    He gave Lingard numerous opportunities aswell..

7. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    LvGs debutant 11 van-gaals-debutants-1552389497-21016.jpeg

jeff070 and Gilma1990 repped this.
  8. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ole aside, van Gaal is easily my favorite post SAF manager. His style was hard to swallow, but I liked how he didn't take any guff from anyone. The big games really mattered to him and our record there was excellent in his time at the club (it was the other games that did us in).
    And you have to love that he did stick to his guns and give plenty of kids a chance. And as stated, without him we probably don't have Rash and Martial.

9. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That time he threw himself on the ground?! Classic moment. Lol

Btw, ******** Mourinho.

jnielsen, jeff070, johno and 3 others repped this.
  10. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Let's not forget that LvG was forced into playing Rash. Keane was supposed to start the game but hurt himself in warmups.

Credit where it's due, but let's not forget the reality of the situation.

Rashford was a win, but let's also remember he tried to make McNair, CBJ, and the lad that went to Celtic all first team regulars.

Still he was miles better than Jose. Just didn't have the ability to adapt and was too stuck in his ways.

11. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    LvG easily had the option of Memphis at 9 (which he did before) and playing Pereira in mid in that debut game.

there weren't many options but people need to stop peddling this nonsense idea that he was forced into playing Rashford. he could have easily gone with the more experienced and better known quantity in Pereira or dropped an attacking player and gone 4-4-2 instead of 4-3-3/4-2-3-1.

i know most people didn't like his style but it is no reason to discredit him. especially when he has proven himself with youth time and again

jeff070, johno, Anonymous_United and 3 others repped this.
  12. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    Even Sir Alex played Rafael in midfield ahead of a young Pogba.

If a manager wants to go with experience over youth - they can always find a way. LvG wanted to go with youth and always chose a path that led him that way.

13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Don't know about the last sentence, but couldn't agree more with the rest. It's been very obvious since around the Pool game (when he got hurt) that Rashford has not been anywhere near his best. He really could do with shutting it down for a couple of weeks, get some much needed rest, so he can be fully fit and ready to go for the run in.

14. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Strikers go up and down in form. Wayne Rooney, United and England goals scored record holder, was notoriously streaky.

If Rashford is unfit, he must sit. (Sorry, bad take on Johnny Cochrane.) Seriously, if he's got a physical problem then he should sit out until he's match fit. We can adapt. But if it's just a run of poor form the right answer is to play through it.

15. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Agent has hold transfer talks and rejected 200k per week ..

18. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lol at him thinking he's earned more than 200k per week.

19. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's no real proof or reason to believe that this report is even legitimate. It's being reported by the Daily Mail only so far...

20. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    We just put Martial on 250 per week.

Rashford is going to cost us 300.

Woodward better not ******** this up. He made his bed. He better get ready to sleep in it.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  21. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Martial is on 190-200k ? If im not wrong.. I read it somewhere Ducker reported it ..

22. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    300k is way over the top .... i think he will settle around 200k..

23. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Martial is on 250k P/wk.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/...ns-new-deal-with-manchester-united-until-2024

Regarding Rashford, he has no reason to rush into anything at this time. He's got leverage and common sense alone dictates he should take his time, evaluate the situation and pursue the best deal possible for himself.
    When you have clubs like Real or Barca reportedly considering you as a potential target, it's safe to say that you gives you some latitude and a very nice hand for negotiations.

incighte repped this.
  24. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    This reeks of Woodward being a slimy git.

Rashford is local. His agent is his brother. Woodward probably thinks those things give him leeway to take advantage.

Rashford is the most complete No. 9 prospect on the planet. We're gonna have to pay for it, or we will pay for it.

I think I'll stop supporting the club until Woodward and Glazers are out if they ******** up Rashford's situation. The lack of respect shown to Herrera is hard to swallow, the ogling and catering over Paul Pogba is stomach churning. Rashford being mistreated by our upper management would be the final straw, for me.

Gilma1990 repped this.