He Scores When He Wants .. - The Marcus Rashford Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why Ole has turned to Rashford ahead of Lukaku as the team's main CF.

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/marcus-rashford-manchester-united-solskjaer-15699392

We are not there yet, but we might very well be looking at a situation where Lukaku could be sold in the summer. To be perfectly clear, I am a proponent of him still making it with us, but I'm looking at a situation where Rashford may go on to establish himself as our main CF/9 and whether Lukaku would be content with a squad player/backup role. He is for now, but long term? Doubtful.
    We would not get back the 75mil we've paid for him, but we could still net us a nice amount, which added to what will be allocated to the new manager this summer, ought to be more than enough to take care of all our problem areas.

2. Gilma1990

Gilma1990 Member+

Jul 30, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anonymous_United and benni... repped this.
  3. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    He will be key against PSG to press their line and use his speed. I cannot wait for the game.

4. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lukaku could be an outstanding backup striker for us but I doubt Rome would be interested in that.

However, he should be. He’ll never join another club of the stature of United, or anywhere near it. And in football you just never know...a bad injury to Rashford and he’s back in the frame.

5. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    We probably need to focus on pressing the middle in that game considering their availability.

6. Gilma1990

Gilma1990 Member+

Jul 30, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What’s getting deleted?

7. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just for fun I thought I’d google “Rashford low IQ” to see if any other commentators sgeee with this assesssment, an assessment I haven’t seen on any other United forum.

All that comes up is this forum.

8. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  9. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Great post, United.

The numbers don’t lie, but Rashford still has his critics here. Rashford’s doesn’t have what Brits call flair and he definitely doesn’t have Rooney’s ruthlessness, but he definitely is a highly dedicated and intelligent footballer. Where he hasn’t developed as quickly as we’d like is his patience on goal. He would rush shots that he brilliantly created chances for. He’s more poised now, now that he has a manager who believes in him and knows a thing or two about the psyche of strikers.

There’s more to come from this incredible English striker, who’s far ahead in his development at this stage than Kane was. Early days, but we could be looking at a future United and England legend.

Provided, of course, he’s not shafted by future managers the he was shafted by Mourinho.

10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
  12. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Sera Sera

Gilma1990 and Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    1088956623136137216 is not a valid tweet id

16. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  17. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not bad for a footballer with a “low IQ”.

18. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    After last time, I'll explain how scoring goals doesn't equate to making intelligent decisions once your parents start paying tuition fees. You're getting enough free lessons as is and your grades still stink.

19. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

The same argument could have been made about Ronaldo in his first few seasons at United, when he showed lots of talent but made bad decisions. Had this forum existed back them, he would have been accused of a "low IQ".

What happens in the development of talented young players, at least if they dedicate themselves, is that they improve as they reach the age of 21 and through their peak years in the mid-late 20s.

There's no guarantee that Rashford -- who's still only 21 now -- will dedicate himself through his career, but there's every reason to believe that he will continue to do so and become a world class footballer. Rashford was misused and underused by Mourinho but now he's being properly used by Solksjear and we're seeing a dramatically better player who's pushed out the presumably "his IQ" Lukaku.

Rashford is now "linked" with Real Madrid. I guess Real are hoping to stockpile "low IQ" footballers.

Under Mourinho, a lot of our players looked like "low IQ" players, including Pogba and Sanchez. I don't know what your opinions are on the IQ of the rest of players ,but most of them looked lost and made a lot of bad decisions under Mourinho, who demanded dour, defensive tactics. Those tactics worked for Jose a decade ago but were found out as dated and ineffective for United.

I travel several United forums and this is the only forum where Rashford takes a beating for a supposed "low IQ". He comes in for criticism for missing chances, as he did against Burnley, just as anyone else gets criticized for poor performances. But only here does his "IQ" gets flogged.

With all due respect to the geniuses on this forum, I'll take Rashford's "IQ" over some of you morons here.

20. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  21. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  24. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Maybe in 2-3 yrs he can become serial goal scorer like Kane Salah Lewadonski.