Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I concur. I actually find it disturbing that clubs sign players who are eight years old or younger. Baffling really.

2. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I get the academy part and having U8, etc. But if this kid plays for Exeter, why is he trialing with us?

3. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tiemoue Bakayoko, 25, has agreed terms for rejoining Monaco on loan - with a £31.8m permanent switch lined up.

4. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any word on a loan fee? If it’s 5 combined with the last loan fee I think we broke even.

5. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Honestly, like Drinkwater, he just needs to go. Not only for us, but really most importantly, for themselves. These two need a fresh start.

6. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Had some high hopes for Bakayoko but I wish him the best.

7. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I haven't seen anything official yet, but looks like a loan back to Monaco with option to buy for between 31-35m. Baka was hoping for something better than Monaco to pop up, but apparently every club in the world has television and has seen him play.

JimWharton and lobomojo repped this.
  8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear you but unlike Drinkwater he’s young enough at 25 that he can turn it around and has flashed his potential. It would be clutch to recoup some but yes I wouldn’t stop a deal if we didn’t get to break even. Drinks is done. Anything is better than nothing at this point.

9. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Rumors heating up of Bats on loan to Napoli. with us paying part of the salary and Kennedy loan or sale at an Italian shampoo company Sassuolo

10. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow we’re gonna pay Napoli to take Bats. How far he’s fallen. But I guess it’s still saves some money and if he plays well there then we will have a better platform to sell him. That injury at Dortmund was really horrible timing.

11. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    So rumors are the ban might be shortened to one window. Let the terrible rumors commence, I guess. Just no Wilf Zaha, please.

12. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Generally can't really get good deals in Jan. Hoping we can swing some good loan deals of we have the option.

13. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    yea i hope we don't just panic buy. this squad needs investment, but it needs to be thoughtful, especially in a jan window.

lobomojo and Kerry Dixon's Boots repped this.
  14. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Here are the names I've heard recently:

Ben Chillwell
    Jose Gaya (LB, Valencia)
    Moussa Dembele (Lyon)
    Jadon Sancho (winger, Dortmund)
    Nathan Ake
    David Neres (winger, Ajax)

15. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I really hope we don’t go after Chillwell or Ake; I’ve see those rumors too.
    We’re going to be blown out of the water for Sancho by United most likely.
    Neres is an interesting one. We’ll get to see him up close.

16. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    you may be right about sancho, though it does kind of depend on how much we go after him, the club has a ton of money and ready to make a splash, he's also a chelsea fan (for what it's worth, may not be much), and a friend of CHO.

none of this means we sign him obviously. just saying there are some reasons to think it's possible.

also, as much as tammy is showing promise, we still need a striker if we don't think Bats can do it, and Giroud just keeps getting older.

at the end of the day, i think our needs will reveal themselves more once we are fully healthy and have a few months of a games behind us.

17. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Sancho is an interesting one. He’s going to cost ludicrous money and he’s only had one good season. It’s a difficult decision, especially if United just show up with a 90mm bid after flogging Pogba to real.

18. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He will cost more than 90 and he looks like he’s worth it.

19. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I have heard the Sancho rumor a lot.

Gaya would be nice, but odd now with Emerson settling into that role. Right back all about Reece?

We really need more in the midfield. Barkley is an empty uniform, Kante doesn't score, nor does Kovacic. Kai Havertz would be delicious.

Blueallthru repped this.
  20. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sancho would be quite a bit of money, yes. But we have quite a bit of money. United are a huge club - some consider the biggest in the world; but are they losing some luster?

21. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sancho? Hell ya.

Havertz? Hell ya.

Some RB/CB? Hell ya.

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  22. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    from what i can tell people that have been paying attention to Reece James seem to think his IS the RB answer. i don't think we could actually know that right now but i do think he's going to get a chance to show us before January.

Rudiger might also help make the CB discussion not nearly as important by January, honestly i think getting Zouma off the field helps. that's a real bummer to say, but it is probably true. Rudifer and Christensen SHOULD be able to be quite a pairing. again, we'll know more after a couple of months.

as for CM we have Kante, Kova, Jorg, Mount, and RLC all competing there, i'm just not sure it's a priority. Barkley can be out of the squad and we should be better off.

at wing we have CHO coming back and while i don't personally think he's going to suddenly be the answer, he might still have an impact on where and how much we invest in an attacker.

then at striker it's lovely seeing Tammy do well but i think not matter how you shake it we need another striker, probably the first area i'd really invest, even though i have high hopes for Tammy.

basically, i think we can speculate a ton right now, but with the injuries we have, it's almost impossible to really know how this squad will be playing and where our needs will be for another couple of months.

all that being said, if we can get some top level players in January, i'm definitely for it.

23. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    With the contract CHO is about to sign, it will behoove the club to make sure he's part of the answer.

24. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    180k. That is a lot of an 18 year old.

25. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea it is... too much for someone who hasn’t proven it consistently yet.