Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s a business sometimes things aren’t personal and it sucks to get caught up in it but it happens. He will get a large raise either way.

2. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    City really need Ake. LOL.

3. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right. He’d be nothing more than rotation there. Either way he’s getting that pay raise.

4. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think Ake will soon start for City, he is quality, never should have been sold , and is exponentially better than Stones, better than Otamendi as well, and with Kompany gone they really need 2 or 3 CB's. Sell them Luiz for a chunk and keep Zouma

Well we can't re-buy and re-register him, any one know if we can re-buy and let him continue loan there or loan him elsewhere?

5. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m not 100 but I believe we can buy and loan because they’d be registered to the other team.

6. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think technically we would have to register a player before loaning him (so whilst he may end up registered elsewhere, there is an interim step requiring him to be a chelsea player first) I believe that was the case with Pulisic, when we purchased him I think at that point he was registered to us before being loaned back, rather than being continuously a Dortmund player.

I'm not super close to the technicalities though so if anyone knows otherwise, they are likely more reliable than me :)

Maybe there's some sort of pre-contract agreement we can use but if so I haven't seen it mentioned as a workaround. Not that this has stopped the rags linking us with players despite the ban......

7. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You may be right but I thought when we sold Costa to Atletico during their ban he was given the permission to go out on loan he just chose not to.

8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Morata to Atletico official

9. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Marina is not a footballing person but she is probably the best negotiator around. Atletico were trying to play cute but she shut them down pretty quickly and got what she wanted.

Blueallthru repped this.
  10. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt. But at times her negotiations can be dragged out and cost us as well. I think we’d be served better if we had a good cop bad cop to compliment her. She gets final say but teams are ready for trench warfare with her.

11. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Higuain off the books
    Morata off the books (with 48m in the bank)
    Hazard off the books

RLC re-signs with Mount and CHO close behind. I wonder what our wages look like now.

Who cares though.

12. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Okay, so with the transfer ban, this entire thread is somewhat moot. So. If you had a time machine and you could go back over the last 20 years or so and pick any player from any team to slot into our current team who would it be?

I'd take Ronaldinho to replace the outgoing Hazard.

13. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Drogs, since Lamp has to Coach and we most desperately need a striker; Xavi and Yaya in their peak primes get honorable mentions. Ronaldinho sublime but does not play any D:D and everybody on my team has too, and we would have to lock up our booze and daughters...:cautious:

14. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i thought we'd seen some buying and loaning during previous bans by other clubs but now i'm not remembering who. Barca bought during their ban, but he didn't get loaned, he just sat for 6 months right?

does that mean though that loaned players are technically registered at two clubs?

15. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We can buy but cannot register. You either sit them or loan them out to some other club.

16. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't we agree a fee and buy the player but with an in effect date of when we're able to sign players? That avoids the registration issue and loan aspect. And keeps both clubs happy.

Rman3349 repped this.
  17. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    right but the question is whether we actually can loan out a new purchase. there is some debate here about whether you technically have to register a player before loaning them to another club. so you can certainly sit them, there is some debate on whether you can loan them instead. i thought you could personally, but some others didn't think so. not sure how to find a definitive answer unless we can think of specific examples.

18. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Interesting. I didn't know that. But it makes sense to have it that way.

19. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    OOOH CAN WE BACKDATE IT!?

20. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Manchester United have contacted Chelsea about a potential deal for Tiemoue Bakayoko while Arsenal are also interested. United who are most likely losing Paul Pogba and Nemanja Matic this summer. See Baka as a potential replacement apparently and if "Fat" Frank see's Baka as surplus to requirements . . .

21. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Really hope this is true.

22. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought we learned our lesson with selling to rivals. Bako can go if it’s anyone outside of the top 6 in England. I know he hasn’t been good enough but last thing we need is him putting it together with Man U.

lobomojo repped this.
  23. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yep, but Matic and Mata were sold to Man U and it wasn't too painful to lose them. Buying from United has never been great for us though. Veron. Although Marital might do well for us.

Players we sold that turned round to bite us in the arse include KDB and Salah. Most players we have sold don't come back to haunt us.

24. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    After Mata and Matic, not too bothered about United. Also, I have never been impressed with Baka, even at Monaco.

25. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Think it'd be incredibly shortsighted to not let Frank give him a proper look before any kind of decision gets made with regards to a transfer, especially given our ban.

lobomojo repped this.