Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Way too soon for Frank and quite frankly I think Frank would agree with that

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  2. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How can you not know?

3. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Romanticism and nostalgia is a dangerous thing to have in sports, honestly.

I would love it if Lampard came back and did a Pep and so on, but it never really works that way. And it's starting to show with United and Solskjaer.

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Different people would say Chelsea culture means very different things. Until Mourinho it meant playing beautifully and failing at the last stage, footballing wise. What does it mean now? What does it really mean from a holistic perspective?

5. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    True, true.

But the underlying culture of the club, Pre-Roman, Pre-Jose, etc. has been a culture of glamour. yep, Glamour. From the fans, to the area, to the show-biz world connections, etc. Glamour. Even in the darkest hooligan days will still boasted rock star fans - Joe Strummer, Cook and Jones from the Pistols - and our under achieving team. We're not total scum like Millwall, but we have had some vicious fans, and we are not boring like the Arsenal fans aka "the library" for many many years. We are the glamourous team from the Kings Rd. George Best in his Fulham days spent his time drinking with the Chelsea players. Lord A - our life president - and the "luvvies" of the cinema and stage. The famous and the glamourous etc The culture of the club is culture. Culture and glamour.

6. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Some of our away fans don’t seem to share your “club of culture” sentiment.

7. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1532 StamfordBridgeLions, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    Away fans? Who gives a flying fcuck . .about away fans?

8. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    OUR

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  9. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You don't like OUR fans? wtf??

10. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Everybody was high on Dyche before...and he’s obviously good at getting players playing well at the Bridge. If we miss the CL and are stuck with the ban, maybe he’s actually the right guy to make the best of a bad situation.

11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Some of them, very much no, I don’t. I’m not in favor of anti-Semitic or racist chanting.

12. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Fvck no. Absolutely fvcking not. What are we, a club hoping to stave off relegation?

Wrath repped this.
  13. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What happened to Eddie Howe? He was a delicious flavor of the month for a month or so last season.

14. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Oh yeah, maybe it was Eddie Howe. I’m getting my mid-table great-English-hopes confused.

15. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bournemouth sit 14th.

What he's done is remarkable, but let's not be too hasty.

16. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I was joking, of course.

I'm not sure what to do about the manager. I think it's more down to the players. We have a mix of very good players and very average players and one generational talent player.

And let's not ignore what that last bit means. I counted numerous times yesterday where Chelsea players hung their heads after every single ball got played into Hazard expecting him to do something magical. That's not Sarri-ball or any other kind of game plan. It handcuffs us as a team and detrimental. I'm not saying we'd be better without him. We'd be better if he were used as a vital component rather than The Answer.

Blueallthru repped this.
  17. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Squad's needed a revamp for ages. Conte said as much, even Jose was probably saying as much.

18. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yep. Sarri hasn't really impressed but I would persist with him and see what he can do with the players he wants. Ideally, we should have done it with Conte but that ship has sailed. At some point, the board has to put their hands up and say, ok the manager can do only so much.

19. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Remember, though. Sarri hates the transfer window and likes the players he already has. That's what Roman liked about him in addition to how Napoli played.

Meanwhile, he only came with Jorginho. And needed Higuain.

limpidrock repped this.
  20. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, not ideal but else is flavor of the month now?

21. limpidrock

limpidrock Member

Mar 19, 2008
    My key gripe with him is not using Kante, the best holding midfielder in the world, in the right position

stanger repped this.
  22. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I feel that is the least of our worries, honestly. He's great wherever he plays and still is responsible for most of our take-aways and shifts from defense to offense. The problem is that we suck in so many other areas. RLC has been a fresh breath of air and is better than Barkley or Kovacic, but is he the answer? Not sure.

We only started two games now with RLC, CHO, Emerson on the field at the same time. The first, we got beat at Liverpool 2-0 and just now, we were essentially beaten by Burnley at home.

23. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We also beat Brighton.

24. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Agreed. Who could. However I have to say that the working class and poorly educated supporters of ours and any other club are growing in awareness. The same could not be said of Farage [Dulwich college boy] and the eton boys of Boris and the pig fcucker. Our supporters - and yeah even the scummy ones - have supported our teams of multi-ethnicities and races and cultures. We had the first team of foreigners. Our fans have changed and they are beginning to change more every day. They have a capacity for change. The Eton boys will never change. Ultimately culture is a slow burner and you cannot democratize culture . . .but you can democratize democracy [weird that]. So the media outlets that focus on this whilst ignoring the wider failings in society. Well that is what really bugs me. If you got 40,000 old Etonians together - of wealth and privilege - that is where the problems in our global society lie. that is where the real racism truly is. 40,000 Chelsea fans are far more aware and far more kind.

Peace

25. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What Howe has done with a club like Bournemouth is astronomical! Its all very well 'scoffing' at them being 14th (I am not suggesting you are 'scoffing' by the way) but if you really think about it the fact that a tiny - yes tiny club like Bournemouth are competing AND often beating (as we very well know) multi billion pound giant football clubs is incredible. Guardiola may be sitting pretty at the top of the league but he spent a billion pounds on global superstars to get there, could he have taken a club from a low level league playing in front of a couple of thousand fans and turned them into a Premier League outfit? I'm not so sure.

Kerry Dixon's Boots and Yahtzee repped this.