Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    QUOTED in Black by"truefan420, post: 37693368

"We activated a clause in Girouds contract. He’s back for another year.
    Sarri said we will but have we actually? i don't know and will Sorri be here, i don't know; if he wants to go to France to finish his career he has too much class for us to hold him hostage and not play him

Higuain should only be back if we don’t have a chance to make moves in the summer otherwise we need to make a long term move. Higuin RETAINS THE BALL, moves and tries hard, no striker or false 9 has scored in Sorri system here; keep him especially if Giroud goes but we also need to make a long term #1 striker deal

Tammy needs to show he can do it in the EPL for me to be comfortable going into the season with him seeing a lot of PT. He likely needs a loan to the EPL next year.
    probably that will be best but we should keep him to last transfer deal and give him a proper look and go

Michy isn’t good enough.
    perhaps, but his goal/pt here is really good, I'd like to see him get a go thru Jan, especially if we don't buy a striker depending on what our new manager thinks

Morata id actually welcome back if the ban is upheld. He’s very talented just couldn’t get out of his head. Maybe the time away will have helped.
    He can't hit the broadside of a barn if he is inside the bloody thing, nor retain the ball if it was surgically attached, his ball give away stat is shocking. He is done here and he has made it clear he is done with us as well.

If we get a chance to buy we should bring in a legit proven striker in their prime. Money be damned. Everyone else can go. Tammy, Giroud can be the rotation with whoever’s brought in.

100% agree. I'd keep Higuin as the 2nd striker[/QUOTE]

2. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would he lie

Agreed

Agreed

Don’t care. He’s 25 and hasn’t improved. I’m good.

I know. But that’s worst case. He’s got talent. If we have no options I’d rather give him another chance than michy.

Agreed only if we have the ban. If we bring in a striker I’d rather keep Giroud or Tammy.

3. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If Marina says it thats one thing, not sure Sarri had that much power even before he was found out, on top of which, will Sorri even be here in the summer

I like Giroud and thought he should have played much more all year, will be happy to have him back. Let him have a run of matches with Haz(this season) RLC and CHO and i see goals. Just saying if Sorri back, and no Haz will he want to stay for his last bit of years in the game and we should not force him if he is not going to play much

Agree to disagree on Morata; I'd take the last bit of Higuin's career over Morata every moment of every day

4. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has she ever said anything? Whether Sarri is back or not, whether we have a ban or not he’s a valuable piece and you don’t let them walk.

Fair enough.

lobomojo repped this.
  5. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Two enormous factors this summer.
    1. Will we be able to participate in the transfer market? I feel that we will get an appaeal and some room, mainly because the powers that be will want us to lose Hazard.
    2. Will Roman sell the club this summer? He has not been to a game since May 2018. Not even in the country. My gut says he is selling possibly to an American buyer.

Linked with David Neres Campos. £45m-rated Brazilian.
    Linked with Philippe Coutinho. £100m-rated Brazilian.

6. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Maurizio Sarri and Antonio Conte are both being considered for the Roma job.

Linked with Nicholas Pepe Ivory Coast winger, 23, for £70million.

Barca say that Philippe Coutinho will only be allowed to leave if his release clause, £355m, is met :)

7. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think you forgot the decimal point...

8. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  9. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He doesn’t leave them this summer. I suspect he stays plays Champions League for them then is sold the following year.

10. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Money talk. A war chest. What is a war chest these days? How many Danny Drinkwater's can you buy for £30m?

Newcastle will offer manager Rafael Benitez a £50m summer transfer budget in a bid to persuade the Spaniard to stay at St James' Park

Mauricio Pochettino will spend up to £150m revamping his Tottenham squad

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer will be given £200m to spend during the summer

Real Madrid buying Eden Hazard for 100m euros or £86m sterling

Real Madrid are asking for 130m euros (£112m) for Gareth Bale

Real Madrid will let Raphael Varane,leave for his 500m euro (£431m) release clause

Zidanne will be given £500m war chest to spend in the summer

Chelsea have held "exploratory" talks with three potential buyers regarding a proposed £2.5bn sale

11. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But we have our youth to depend on [emoji39]

12. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't know what Frankfurt's deal with Benfica was to activate the sell clause, but I reckon it was reasonable. A sort of a winning lottery ticket.

If Madrid want him, they'll get him.

13. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frankfurt activated the option to buy for something like 7m with the understanding that he'll probably be sold off to Madrid or another club for 50+. Pure business minded deal, benefica will get a percentage when completed.

Blueallthru repped this.
  14. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Exactly this.

15. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Why would he (anyone) want to come to Chelsea these days? Plenty of clubs offering high wages.

16. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Madrid want several players they don’t get them all. Look at Hazard, Neymar when he was first looking at moving to Spain. There are plenty of players they want that they don’t get the second they want them. The player may want to stay and have some consistency. The offers will be there again next year.

17. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Mm, then I think Madrid didn't really want them at that moment.

18. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Alternatively, the media link Madrid with a whole host of players they have no interest in and then report they failed to get them. Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

19. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    In the torygraph today: Sarri has suggested that Giroud will stay at Chelsea

The non-profit organization known as Real Madrid are buying Neymar, Pogba, Luka Jovic and Hazard. etc, etc.

Leroy Sane and Jesus have asked to leave Citeh. Would always be fun to have a player called Jesus.

20. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Would love to have Sane
    Giroud yes; Sorri adios
    No CL - rebuild with Lamp and youth; CL - hire ??? and get Lamp after he is fired

21. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Lampard has been managing for one year and people want to hire him already? That can only go well.

Wrath and Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  22. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If we are not in CL, especially if we have no summer window, (likely will have summer though) we have to blood youth and install a Chelsea cultural again. Lamp already doing that with a few Chelsea youth this season and who better to have players, and supporters respect as a symbol example of Chelsea culture.

Without CL and Hazard, expectations will be low, patience a bit longer, and give him time to settle in, blood youth and rebuild, and get some Europa experience.

Would be the best timing to give him a go, plus, who competent, let alone exceptional ,with the same devotion to, and ambition for The Club, will come with out CL, without Hazard and no transfers now or soon thereafter.

If we hopefully stumble into CL then expectations will be unrealistically high and thus bad timing so then hire a more experienced mgr, let Lamp get more experience at Derby, have him train some more loan Chelsea youth, and give him a look when we inevitably fire that guy and the transfer ban has started

Only one year as a manager,... yeah look how stupid Barca and Real Madrid were to hire Pep (1 year at Barca B) and Zidane, (1.5 year Real B), with hardly any experience. (they were not who they are as managers WHEN they were hired either)

23. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No team gets everyone they want the second they want them in any sport. It’s not possible too many factors especially when people are involved.

24. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s a fair point but when there’s smoke there’s fire and they’ve been doing this dance with Hazard for a while now. Neymar was 100% a target before he went to Barca then while at Barca. Yes they get linked to everyone under the sun but that doesn’t mean it’s all fake info put out by agents to ups their players value.

25. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    What is Chelsea culture? Mourinho culture? Been there done that. John Terry culture? No fvcking thanks there. What culture is he going to instill? Are Derby playing brilliant football in the Championship? It’s nice he’s playing two Chelsea loanees, but are they actually ready for major EPL time next year? It’s not even clear someone like CHO is ready to start big games! (His Liverpool performance was anonymous at best.) I understand a retrenching season, but I’d prefer not to finish 15th either. Some people vastly overfetishize youth and former players. I want Chelsea the club to do well, not for us to be a mediocre club staffed by old boys.

As to Zidane and Pep turning out to be good managers, I guess that means all former players appointed at clubs have done well! Especially in England, right? Oh wait, no, England has a notoriously bad history of hiring ex-players as managers and watching them underwhelm. We literally did this with DiMatteo because he kinda fluked his way to a CL title!

JimWharton repped this.