Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Jovic is exactly the sort of player we should be buying.

2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Interesting take on how Sorri Ball works, (and to me why it won't work in this League for long regardless of players)

www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/napoli-chelsea-maurizio-sarri-future-15817778

And Captain, Leader, Legend, hell yes, but not nearly yet, but when he is ready to be head guy or Top Assistant in upward transition for a manager he believes in, not the token Club assistant for a stubborn relic, who carries a fair share of baggage himself I have yet to see a Saint as a winning Gaffer, nor do I believe all the tabloid trash of teetotaling tattle trolls.

Ninjatend0 and JimWharton repped this.
  3. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  4. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    The article is interesting. Ironic that “his style” was born of an adjustment to his players...now he can’t imagine making another. Sounds like a guy who had one good idea and can’t let go. Michael Davis called Sarri a deadman walking already. I’m starting to agree.

lobomojo and Yahtzee repped this.
  5. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    From the article with notes:

• Players must be willing to give themselves up. No dribbling (HAZARD), no running with the ball (HAZARD), no long passes (LUIZ), no change of play from one side to the other (LUIZ). Everything must be based on short passes. The only player who has a little more freedom to take personal initiatives is the center-forward. (LOL WUT)

6. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Real Madrid transfer news for Chelsea fans. . .

Real Madrid see Neymar as their no.1 summer target and not Hazard.
    Real Madrid are looking to sell Isco in the summer.
    Real Madrid may be selling off Bale (Bale apparently cannot speak Spanish).
    Real Madrid may want BOTH Neymar and Hazard.
    Real Madrid legend Zidanne may be offered the Chelsea job in the summer.
    Real Madrid are not sure to keep or sell Kovacic.

7. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Agreed. Of course the rumour today is that Barcelona are favourites to sign Benfica striker Luka Jovic.

8. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pep Guardiola is monitoring Declan Rice, 20, Crystal Palace right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka, 21, and Leicester's 22-year-old left-back Ben Chilwel. Young talented British players.

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has set a price of about £131m for clubs interested in 29-year-old Wales forward Gareth Bale, who has been linked with Chelsea and Manchester United. :eek: I mean sure I'd take Bale for a season or two on the free transfer card.

9. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    AC Milan captain and centre back Alessio Romagnoli [24] linked with a move to Chelsea.

Kasey Palmer for £4m from Chelsea to Bristol City.

10. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard pass. CB isn’t an issue. We need to focus on our attacking options.

11. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What player we talking here?

12. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, assuming the Ban is postponed, Hazard’s decision will obviously shape that conversation. Without knowing tho, I’d focus on Isco first. Sort out what we want at ST. Is Higuain going to stay for the entirety of the ban or do we want to look for our long term option. Icardi would be leading that as he looks to be out of Inter. Is Countinho happy in Barca or does he want to return to England... if the later be the lifeline. I’d add speed at outside back to the list as well. We need a rebuild. We needed under conte and never got it. We need to do it now or it will continue to bite us in the ass. It’s hard to know what to say here. How much will we have to spend. Will Sarri still be here. This is gonna be our last window for a year. We need to make big moves and we can’t miss.

13. PLand1534

PLand1534 Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's crazy to me how long we have needed to have a pretty large overhaul of our players. Maybe the recent form and current displays on the pitch will help highlight that to our Ownership and high level executives.

Quite obvious now that we are a few steps behind the likes of Liverpool and City, now we just need to focus on some core areas. I'm not sold on Sarri but if he stays, I hope we back him with players capable of playing his style because we currently don't seem to have too many of them.

14. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    personally i think the really good performance over the weekend was proof that when these players want to they CAN still get up for it, but they choose when to do that but i'm not using that as an argument we don't need an overhaul, contrarily i think it's proof we do. this group of players has basically been a yo-yo for the last 4-5 seasons. we've brought in and promoted a few good players but overall recruitment has been underwhelming in that timeframe.

it's time to strengthen with real intent.

Wrath repped this.
  15. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Part of the arching issue is our tendency to bin all of our managers. We have a team with the exception of a few players designed for specific styles and formations. Bringing in Sarri and expecting it to go smoothly is total failure on the boards fault. Don't get me wrong now, Sarri can and should adapt, but he's been semi successful doing what he knows. People say Conte adapted, he really didn't he reverted to his tried and trusted 523 as soon as he saw a need.

It started under Mourinho when we allowed a host of our young talent to be ushered out in favor of older trusted players. We also have an academy that plays a specific style that was never in line with either JM or Conte so the avenue to promotion was always smaller or basically nonexistent. We should have a squad that has balance in it but rather we too many players for the same positions who just aren't good enough.

PLand1534 and Wrath repped this.
  16. PLand1534

PLand1534 Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That's the real issue we lost a load of talented young players who could have been the next great generation of talent at Chelsea, we placed too much confidence in what Jose has to say and not enough in what Conte had to say.

Conte for all of his faults was one of the best managers we have had in the Roman Era, but his inability to be diplomatic in expressing how he was right about things lead to him losing the dressing room and the trust of the Board.

Wrath repped this.
  17. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I really like Conte but I honestly felt that there was a shelf life to his managerial career. He's too demanding for the players of today. That's just my opinion though. And frankly, Conte would have rather gone the same route with players as Mourinho because it's what he new. The difference was Mourinho needed trusted lieutenants because we would lose the locker room while Conte lost the players because of how hard he pushed them. He really kept it civil with players while they just stopped playing for him last season.

18. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ew, come on now.. remember getting spanked by Bournemouth when they realized all they had to do was press our fullbacks? Remember only keeping a literal handful of clean sheets after the turn of the new year of the title winning season once our formation became completely stagnant, with Moses becoming our primary outlet for (attempted) crosses into the box? I started to hate that team too. Unimaginative managers who don’t understand pragmatism and can’t keep their cool get canned. Conte had serious issues with player relations as well as anything reaembling a professional relationship with the board. Do not agree everyone decided to just give up.

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  19. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He was a drill sergeant and it became too much. It was talked about prior too. You can remember him how you want, he needed to go, but I'll remember him fondly.

PLand1534 and Wrath repped this.
  20. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm not remembering facts how I want. Those things clearly happened. You want to rewrite our clean sheet record?

The drill sergeant thing definitely played a factor as well. It all did. The only manager I find myself missing is Carlo. Everyone after, bar interim guys like Di Matteo, Benitez and Hiddink were all their own worst enemy.

21. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Towards the end, Jose Mk.2 and Conte became very stubborn bullies. The initial innovations they brought to the team, became stagnant and predictable.

I have liked all our managers in some way or other apart from Scolari [who was a buffoon] and Benitez [I could never get over that scouse thing].

22. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chels showing an interest in Croatian midfielder Josip Vukovic valued at £4million. One of the players to be loaned out.

23. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Rumors of Hazard contract talks opening again.

24. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIFA could derail Chelsea shopping spree
    World football's governing body could wreck Chelsea's plans of spending £200m before their transfer window ban kicks in, and could also turn their chances of attracting Zinedine Zidane as manager to dust.

So says the Sun, with the paper reporting that Chelsea's hopes of a delay in punishment for their 29 breaches of transfer rules while they challenge the ruling -- in line with those experienced by Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico in similar situations in the past -- will be dashed by world football's bigwigs.

Chelsea will submit their appeal on Monday, but the chance of offering a £200m kitty to whoever replaces Maurizio Sarri, with Zidane their No. 1 target, appears to be diminishing.

A FIFA insider has told the Sun that the rules that allowed the Spanish triumvirate to splash the cash have since been established by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which could leave Chelsea in double trouble.

25. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The Sun.