Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1301 lobomojo, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    "Brock Hannsen: "Except for money, what's the attraction for a manager to come here?

-an academy underutilized - an ability to actually use the most dominant youth system in England the last few years

-aging players - A Billionaire owner who has the ability to turn it on more again if he and a manager make a deal on that basis (and not like we did not just pay a record fee for a gk, huge money for a shit striker and a shit registra and hopefully good big money on The great American Hope (few Clubs out side of a handfull spend more even now, said youth system, CHO, Kepa, Kante the best in world at his real spot, Hazard if it is the right manager perhaps, Rudiger, Dave, Christenson several who are/been sought by Big clubs (We do need some improvement in cm area, but add a couple to Kante, RLC, Ampadeu we be alright with a couple in pipeline as well if given chance; attack as well but we have good shot at Icardi with right Gaffer,). We need to improve and cut deadwood but we ain't exactly Huddersfield, or any worse in talent than Arse or Utd, especially in defense)

-a nice training ground- perhaps the nicest - it matters

-london - Love London, beats the ******** out of Connecticut :p and most other European Capitols as well (yes I have been to most including Madrid, Paris and Barcelona and I do enjoy them as well), but I'd take London especially when you earn millions and we pay as high or higher than any big club.

-Europa forever -we are only effing 1 pt out a CL place, under a shit manager, without any silver in decades, who day after day after day after day etc. tries to re-pound square pegs in round holes, and the players have won 2 of the last 4 titles in The Best, most watched League in the World, even if some are rudderless twats at times.

Move Kante back to do what he does and that alone probably eaks us back into 4th. The bigger problem is not losing and getting crushed too much by the top 3-6 but losing and drawing against the shit and average teams we should beat, like the Chelsea of old. Change Kante back and change the system and that likely improves greatly and now we have a proper striker. til summer.

-a challenge? - yes and shit-loads of money at one of the World's biggest clubs this Century"

:rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes: -

We have lost our way a bit, but a sleeping Lion, is still a dangerous King of The Jungle, who will get hungry again.

Yahtzee repped this.
  2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    did not see this earlier in season, may be why we are getting knocked off ball and losing 1 on 1 battles

"
    squad focused on agility exercises rather than weights, which was no surprise given Sarri's comments earlier in the season.

"We don't use any weights," he said before the BATE Borisov clash. "It's all natural work that we do in the gym. Nobody does weights. Also because I've never seen a player with a weight on the pitch.”"

shame it is not 1933

3. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    rtrtrtrtrt

We are so comfortably a top 4 team if we aren’t caught ********ing around the way Sarri makes us.

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I don’t understand this sentiment. Our talent isn’t significantly better than, say, Spurs or United. If at all. If it was that much better Conte would still be here.

Wrath repped this.
  5. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    This is a choice though! We didn’t have to spend on Drinkwater which was a terrible purchase at the time. If we’d spent the same money on a CM as we did on Drinkwater and Bakayoko combined (two players who currently don’t play for us!) we could have bought almost any midfielder in the world. Or Barkley, who may have cost little but has always been massively overrated, and is now on big wages. The problem isn’t the spending itself, it’s the complete shortsighted spending that’s been the case the last few years. Paying 20mm for Zappacosta for instance was crazy when we’d just gotten a good rwb for effectively nothing by converting Moses into that position. Giving Alonso a massive extension the same year we were likely to ditch the 3-5-2 was also dumb. Not even giving Michy a chance this year when our alternative is an admittedly out of shape (and almost certainly past it) Higuain is weird.
    I’m not suggesting all our decisions were bad (selling Matic was smart, the punt on Emerson off the injury made sense, I’m a big fan of the Pulisic purchase, keeping hold of Tammy, RLC and Christensen is smart, the Morata purchase didn’t work out but it made sense). But the thinking seems to be very short sighted when compared to, for example, Liverpool.
    We still spend a lot at times - Jorginho this summer! But the rest of the time the decisions have been sub-optimal even when the spending has been big.

6. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We are being penny wise and pound foolish. Need a change at the board level. I miss Emenalo :(

7. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I like this a lot.

8. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Drinkwater? Why on earth did we do that? Pointless way to spend 30 million quid. Barkley as a squad player I thought that was an okay purchase. Doesn't bother me. Can't even say that Drinkwater was a panic buy. It was just pure nonsense.

Jorghino. We stole him from under the noses of City. We were happy to win him. He was a player in demand not only by Sarri. I would prefer Kante in from of the back 4, because he can actually tackle and our lack of tackling is killing us. But Jorghino is going to be in that position as long as Sarri is here. Sarri ball and Sarri system is Jorghino and thousands of short little passes amounting to very little.

Hopefully we can pass our way out of our current crisis.

9. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not Emenalo :eek::eek::eek:

A lot near all of these bad decisions were made under Em. (there was some good ones as well, unfortunately we then sold off to our top competitors what would have been the great ones )

We are never going to go to a strong Gaffer first final decisions on all in's outs in first team within some reason, so I do agree we definitely need a real highly experienced high quality Football person to operate as Football Director to work with Marina and with a Gaffer and as an intermediary betwixt the two and Roman as well.

The caveat, as i ranted above, is that the mission is to work with a strong Gaffer, who has his own authority and does not answer to the Director or Board day to day on first team decisions. (a least until he is fired for dropping into second :D) A manager has to be able to decide who plays, who sits, who goes and hangs with the youth, who is on first team, who gets axed and sold off, to get a few of his own key players if cost is reasonable enough, tactics, etc. or he will never get full decisive authority in dressing room.

Marina and the Woodwards can do the negotiating and sponsorships, etc. what they do best , but they are clueless on high level footballing decisions and should not be making them, for those who like their NFL examples that is why Dallas is the most valuable Club but not been to a Superbowl this century nor in some of your lifetimes.Players know they do not have to answer to coach only Jerry. Also why we are setting all time loss records and ManU even under Ole don't keep clean sheets nor scare the elite.

Wrath and limpidrock repped this.
  10. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I would also say adding someone like JT or Lampard (doubt he will be interested) as an assistant to the coach. These guys live Chelsea and would go ballistic if they saw a performance like Sundays. Also, the club holds them in high regard so can't be chucked away like coaches.

PLand1534 and lobomojo repped this.
  11. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not the same correlation but Zola was supposed to be that guy no?

12. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He was but he doesn't have the personality those 2 have.

lobomojo repped this.
  13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I would really rather not have Terry as a manager of any kind.

14. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    More for leadership qualities which no one currently has. What is your issue with Terry?

15. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i think it's the lack of management experience.......

16. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He is earning his coaching badges and will be under Sarri. Obviously Sarri and Zola are having a tough time motivating this group....

17. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    JT is at Villa as an assistant. Think he already has the badges.

Wrath repped this.
  18. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    No, it’s all the other negatives.

19. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I love Terry but wanting club legends to come back and coach is romantic. It rarely works. I can only think of five it’s worked out for and two of them were in recent memory. Hint: three of them are in Spain (one of them also did well in Holland), one in England, and another in Germany.

20. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pass on JT.

Would takes Lamps (eventually).

21. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chelsea are confident they will keep Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain, 31, and they won't pay that much.

Chelsea are ready to pay £39.7m for Benfica's Serb striker Luka Jovic, 21, currently on loan at Eintracht Frankfurt

In the media, Gareth Bale is being edged out at Real Madrid and Hazard is being edged in.

22. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Icardi stripped of the armband amid more rumors he’s on his way out. Roman has interest in him. Maybe a summer buy?

23. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Icardi would be a good option imho. He has a crazy agent though (his wife) and sometimes he sounds like he has more powder up his nose than Mutu. However, he's a little nasty and aggressive and I think our team needs a little of that. Hazard is a very chill player and so is Willian, CHO and Pulisic are young, and Pedro - fcuck Pedro. Icardi is a leader.

24. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i really like the Luka Jovic links. that could be kind of a new direction for the club with a really young and talented player.

Icardi you would think would be the known quantity in that he scores goals for fun but he's also unknown in that he seems a little bit crazy.

25. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like crazy....it hypes up the team and creates unity on the pitch. In the locker room however is another story.