Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Higuain loan official. Will wear the number 9 shirt.

PS it's been 15 years since a competent goal scorer has worn that number....

2. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm skeptical, of course. Can't be worse than Morata?

Blueallthru repped this.
  3. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Heck, if he emulates moratas first half season with us (about a dozen goals across competitions through christmas), that would go a long way.

PLand1534 and Blueallthru repped this.
  4. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ah whatever, he's here I'll support him. He cannot be any worse than what sits before him.

PLand1534 repped this.
  5. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Fully behind Higuain now that he's one of us - him 5 years ago would have been great, but theres still life in him yet me thinks.

PLand1534 repped this.
  6. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Moses is off to Fenerbahce.

7. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Forgot we had him on the books.

8. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What is drinkwater up to?

9. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    "I think that Morata is a very good player," Sarri said. "I think that Morata has the characteristics for playing in my team. But Morata, one month ago, said he wanted to play in another team, so it was really very difficult for him to give us the 100 percent for his mental situation, I think.

"I think that Morata is potentially a very important player. From the physical and technical point of view, he is a very good player and suitable for my football. But the situation changed in the last month, so we needed to change."

10. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That explains the none celebration after his double

11. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I didn't know he asked for the move.

Atletico...I seriously hope he plays well. I think he's a good striker. He wanted the shot to be a #1 and it didn't go well. Plus, it'll help us recoup our fee!!

12. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    and the word on the street, Fleet Street, is that PSG are set to beat Chelsea to the signing of Leandro Paredes.

13. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Enjoying his salary.

Blueallthru repped this.
  14. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Liverpool have joined Bayern Munich in the race to sign Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, 18.

15. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Morata is a ********ing baby.

16. PLand1534

PLand1534 Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I saw a headline on Bleacher Report I think, something along the lines of “And no one wants Drinkwater” not sure you can have better journalism than that.

Wrath and Blueallthru repped this.
  17. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    That was my first thought as well, but he's a human being at the of the day, and we don't know how fragile his state of mind was. We usually assume anyone who receives a high salary should just stfu and play, but I don't think it's that simple. He was a professional for the most part and I wish him luck.

18. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    99% of the time I agree. Something different about him IMO. His style of play where he shows no strength and his general attitude when scoring that brace. He's a baby.

Wrath repped this.
  19. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember the first few weeks playing he had confidence and actually tried taking defenders on.

....that was nice

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  20. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Aw, come on. He may not be the caliber of player that Chelsea wants or expects, but he’s solid and could be doing some mid-table team a lot of good right now. His signing has been as bad or worse for him. I don’t believe he’s the kind of guy who’s just whistling to the bank.

lobomojo repped this.
  21. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    If Morata wants to leave, so be it.

He's a bit of a wimp - keen to get a killer back in front of goal. At least Higuain shows some passion.

22. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Welcome Higuain. It has given me a jolt, er well a bit of carpet shock of new excitement and hope.

If he, Sarri, and Jorginho capture enough of the old magic to get us in CL then it will be worth it full stop. And a good financial move. If not, well, the new gaffer won't be burdened with a long term striker that might not fit his way.

With Arse and tots having their own issues, not against us sadly ,and Utd not quite as good as present form suggests especially at back,/DeGea can't have a blinder every match can he, perhaps it will just be enough. (of course I will go mental and all will go dark and hopeless again if we sell off H-O to a major competitor here or abroad)

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  23. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Agree I don't see why he gets crap, he is a hard working talented two-way player who gives his all every week and led a team as a major contributor to a Premier League title, which is more than some who play ahead of him can say.

After my initial buzz over Jorginho, not sure if Drinkwater might not add more at that spot these days both ways, with some threatening long passes into the box now and again and some passion and drive.

That said, noooo, his future clearly does not lie here, wh should do better, and there are a few players here I want to see play and be given deserved shots ahead of him and see him enjoy a chance elsewhere. The kid gave it a shot, I respect that.

PLand1534 and JimWharton repped this.
  24. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sarri: "I like to coach the players I have. I hate the market."

"Get me two players from previous teams or else this won't work."

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  25. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I honestly think Morata getting hurt against Citeh and then losing his friend put him in a tough spot.