Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  2. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    lol me too! This Pulisic arguing thing is daft, he is 'one of us' now and we should all get behind him, of course he is revered more in the US than in the UK surely that's just natural no? As a 'UK' based member I must admit I don't know much about him and I only saw him play once (the game against England) and I thought he looked like he had plenty of potential - perhaps he went down a few blind alleys and needs to know when to pass but at 20 years old he is the same as every other young player with potential (ie learning still). I think its about time we put some trust in youth (its paying dividends at Dortmund), lets get Pulisic in the team, for me its also VITAL that we keep hold of Hudson Odoi and RLC, two 'other' young players with a LOT of potential, if you ask me the quickest way for all these youngsters to 'learn' and iron out their mistakes is right in the thick of Premier League football. Its like CFC are afraid of these mistakes and has no patience with youth. There is a reason why big transfer sums are being bandied about when it comes to these youngsters. As well as being vital we keep hold of Hudson Odoi and RLC it is also, of course, vital that Hazard stays.

Blueallthru and smokarz repped this.
  3. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    From a US perspective:

1. US fans do like Pulisic a lot, but we also realize how far he has to go and how young he is. We've been burned by young hype in the past (Adu) so we're keeping our distance a little. The Pulisic deal did make waves here, for sure, but not as much as it would have, say in 2000. I feel like the US soccer world blew up even more when Landon Donovan signed a loan deal for Everton. Ha.
    2. Judging Pulisic playing for the US is difficult, as are most players playing for their national teams. He's asked to be our one creative force amongst 10 uncreative blocks of concrete. He's just not the typical player the US produces. We beat any creativity out of our kids from an early age.
    3. He has the talent to be the best player the US ever produced, for sure. But he has a long way to go. Right now, he's not even in the top 10, which is fine because he's so young.

PLand1534 repped this.
  4. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought about that and, if you remove the US goalkeepers, who do you have above Pulisic? McBride, yes. Donovan? Deuce? Not for me.

What other field players you have above him?

5. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If true, seems a straight replacement for Rabiot.

6. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well, are you talking potential or actual achievements? Pulisic hasn't really achieved much yet. I put both Donovan and Dempsey above Pulisic as well as guys like McBride, Reyna, Harkes, Ramos, hell, even Beasley (who was brought in to PSV to replace Robben when he signed for Chelsea, remember).

But does Pulisic have the talent to be better than all those guys? Yeah. But that's not good enough for Chelsea. We're a higher level than "best in the US."

7. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could discount all of those players, except McBride, by pointing out they were all prototypical American players in the fact that they were direct, physical and decent touch.

What they all lacked that Pulisic has in spades is creativity. That's why to me it isn't even a question that he is already the best actual player, outside of team accomplishments, the US has ever produced.

I hope kids in the US look at Pulisic and not Dempsey or Donovan as the style they want to emulate, and I hope coaches allow them to play that way.

And I agree he has to get better to be a regular for the Blues but I think Zola is the right kind of coach to get the most out of him. If just a little of the flair Zola showed in his career rubs off on the young American we should all be happy.

8. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    OK, we can agree to disagree. But Pulisic hasn't done jack shit no matter what type of player he is. This argument is for another forum, but I'll say that a lot of people said Michael Owen was the best English player ever. Let's calm down and let the kid's career play out.

JimWharton repped this.
  9. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK.

At least we can both agree we hope the kid performs while wearing a Chelsea kit.

10. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    it doesn't sound to me like both of your opinions are really that far off. i think we can all agree that he's the most talented we've seen. he's just not as accomplished, but that's to be expected, he's 20. it's all on him now to show how far he goes with that talent. and i think we also all agree that the US hype machine has been burned so many times, that Pulisic is being treated with a little more caution overall, despite being the best example of raw talent and success at his age so far.

he has also already done a lot of things those other players haven't, like play in the CL as a teenager and...actually do well. he also went to Germany and broke in to a first team, at 16.

at the end of the day it's kind of apple and oranges, you can't really compare careers when one player has hardly had one. but i think we all recognize what we think COULD happen.

stanger and Blueallthru repped this.
  11. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    For all the crap USMNT fans get (some of which comes from me), no one here is claiming Pulisic is the next coming of Messi or capable of immediately replacing Hazard. But he’s clearly a very good prospect at a very young age who’s already proven capable of playing for a top side at the highest levels. Players like that, especially at his age, are in very short supply regardless of nationality.

Wrath, PLand1534, smokarz and 4 others repped this.
  12. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Great summary.

I am terrified of Pulisic coming to Chelsea because of what it might mean if he ultimately fails here - for both club and country. But that's why I'm filling out TPS reports and he's doing this (note some assists to Batshuayi around 2 minute mark).

13. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Latest seems to be Morata to Atletico.
    Higuain to us with option.
    Apparently we've also been in touch about Leon Bailey.

Bailey, Pulisic, Lozano...these are all the right names. Seemingly to bolster a Hazardless squad.

(Higuain is not the right name, but hopefully a stopgap before signing a real striker)

14. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Blueallthru repped this.
  16. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pulisic is a great prospect and I expect he will do big things for us. He is also going to get far more attention on these boards than any other signing we could have made given the largely US fanbase. Many will now be doubly invested in a Chelsea player given impact on the national team (whilst we have had american players before and currently, fair to say none are as important to the USMNT as Pulisic).

Hopefully the fans at the matches will be patient with him if he starts slowly and let him grow into the team.

Still need goals from somewhere though....

StamfordBridgeLions and Blueallthru repped this.
  17. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He'll hustle like crazy though. The fans will love that.

As for Willian for Coutinho LOL

18. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know I know but can’t I say dream for a little

19. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Blueallthru repped this.
  20. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    So apparently Higuain on loan is almost done with Morata going to Atletico. Shuffling deck chairs.

21. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #971 StamfordBridgeLions, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    I regret mentioning Pulisic. Time will tell on his actual abilities vs. the hype. I hope to be proved wrong.

But it is nice to know how much y'all love me :D

22. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #972 StamfordBridgeLions, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Atletico Madrid are in advanced talks to sign Chelsea's Spain striker Alvaro Morata, 26, who is valued at £45m.

Hope this doesn't happen. . .Bayern Munich say they are in talks to sign Chelsea's 18-year-old English winger Callum Hudson-Odoi.

Chelsea keen on right back Aaron Wan-Bissaka in the summer.

Chelsea want to sell striker Michy Batshuayi, 25, to Everton in a £40m deal. Napoli and Fiorentina are also entering the bidding war for the Batsman.
    Monaco on loan is another option. He wants to go to Monaco to be reunited with Henry (Belgian coach), Fabregas and Michael Emenalo

Chelsea have agreed the signing of Gonzalo Higuain after making an offer to Juventus for the Argentina striker. Chelsea FC have offered to take Higuain on loan until the end of the season with the option to buy the 31-year-old or loan him for a further 12 months.

Watched Tomori play for Derby last night and that is a player worth having around. Great central defender with tonnes of pace. Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola "Fikayo" Tomori is his full name, how great is that? Born in Canada. England U-20

23. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I like Willian. The rumours I read said that we were offered cash + Malcolm. Who is Malcolm? A tiny Brazilian striker named after Malcolm X. I am sure there is a video featuring his flicks and skills on the internet.

24. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Emerson "Lake and" Palmieri is off to Juventus. . .

25. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ffs How bout we start an all things Pulisic Thread and leave this thread to its purpose rumour mongering with links to sketchy sources with links to half clad women and disgusting physical deformities

so a midfielder who may be good technically with a sideways pass who will fit in to our central mf because he is known to be slow and not known to be a goal scorer or assist maker, and an old striker on a down year not known for his fitness work-rate or speed....I'm all a flutter