Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Fab has played 48 total PL minutes, we would not miss him; and besides his defending makes Jorginho look like Mak

I do wonder if Fab had stayed at Arse as its talisman, would he not be a near legend now, and allowed Wenger to milk out a few more year of has been glories

2. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That will likely change now that we’ve gotten to the Xmas schedule cluster. Also Jorginho can’t play in 4 comps. We don’t have a youth player that fits the role. Which means we either need to spend on a back up (when we have much more important holes to fill) or resign Fabs to cover for the domestic cup competitions and maybe some weaker EPL teams. Fabs makes much more sense for another year maybe 2.

Wrath repped this.
  3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I’m happy with either one. I think Pulisic would fit us better than he does Favre’s more defensive system. He presses and dribbles - that’s what we can use.

4. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wrath repped this.
  6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do you mean no thank and then not what we want long term? AC Milan wants to buy him. That’s a yes please. Not what we want long term. Yes please sell him. Hold strong on the 35 is the only thing but your response doesn’t exactly touch on that tho I may just be tired... long day. They’ll pay it. If his form continues someone else will if they don’t. We get 35 plus the 5 for the loan this year we call him a wash in our books.

7. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't want him back. At all. If we got 15m I'd be happy.

8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don’t have to sell him for less than his value to never have him back. We could loan him out each year till his contract ends and make his transfer value back for all I care. As long as we make the value back. Wiping his mastske off at no loss would only serve to help us.

9. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How is loaning him out helping us make his transfer value back? Loans just pay for his salary, doesn't get us income. And I have no hope that all these loans will shoot up his value. I will be happy with 15m for him.

10. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are different terms to loans. My understanding is this was set up where they are paying his wages and a fee, with the option to buy. Very different then Izzy Brown where we’re paying his wages and no loan fee.

If he does well like apparently he’s now doing then his value will rise. 35 might be high but I see no reason to cave. I can’t believe I’m saying this but United stands strong in the market on their excess players and they almost always get their fee back. Pool has done the same recently as well. We can’t cave.

11. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well said.

People can be so quick here to pass judgment. Not only do we have favorable loan terms with AC but he is showing what brought him to us in the first place. If he keeps this up settling for anything less than 35, especially in an inflated market (what planet are some of you living on where he is worth 15?), would be illogical. Makes no sense money-wise, player-wise, nothing. No sense. 24 and now putting in MOTM performances in Italy.

Same folks that wanted to sell everyone during the Jose 'mare season. Same people who lost their minds over signing Barkley, etc. etc.

12. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    These are entirely different scenarios. Bakayoko has been terrible, atrocious really for much of the season for AC Milan. It hasn't been more than a month where he's produced at a high level. If he can keep this up great and if we can get 35 then awesome, but I need to see more than a month of anything from him to even get my hopes up. Bakayoko had nothing but chances for us last season and he was bad.

Wrath repped this.
  13. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    15 mil, even with your reasoning, doesn't make a modicum of sense.

Assuming he continues at a decent level, 35m will be seen as a bargain. My whole argument here is saying "******** it just give us the 15 now don't want him back" is a non-sequitur given the circumstances. Scenarios can be different but it's the same type of irrational thinking.

He can go from excellent with Monaco to having a bad season with us (in what was full of all sorts of problems outside of just him) to being worth nothing? Yeahhhh no. I'll ride this season out in AC before making any rash judgment.

14. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He wasn't great at Monaco. Don't get me wrong he's decent, but he was the 4th best midfielder on that Monaco side behind Silva, Fabinho, and Moutinho. I thought ot could be different but I don't see it. This is a stupid argument to have as well so I'll pass.

15. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You'll pass on having an argument you just had/continued? You're right, this is stupid. :ROFLMAO:;)

Hysaj apparently a real possibility. I don't know much at all about him but if he is a capable full back then I welcome him. Is he fast? Alonso/Azpi need proper cover if not competition.

I hate to give up on Morata but he seems doomed.Yet another want-away player despite whatever he claims about wanting to succeed here. That's three strikers we force out of their respective clubs or at end up here and become miserable (Torres, Diego, Morata.. hmm.. all Spanish too...). At least Diego was good for something. A good striker plus Pulisic in the mix would be fuego.

16. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s faster than both of them but he isnt Kyle Walker track runner fast. He can play on either side which is a huge plus. Just not worth 50 million he’s rumored for if you ask me but I think he’d be a good get.

Yahtzee repped this.
  17. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oh how I wish we'd gotten that speed demon. Agreed.. that is steep. Though that seems to be what the market demands from us for any player coming from another good club a la Napoli so it's not surprising.

How about our lovely scouts scope out another Azpi for us (bargain of the ********ing century @ 7 mil)? Not that I expect it but you'd think we would start signing smarter instead of continually beating our heads trying to force players out of clubs. Granted, we have made very smart decisions.. some really stupid departures have come back to bite us.

lobomojo repped this.
  18. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The press loves to connect new managers with their old clubs and raiding players. I think that used to happen a lot more than it does in the modern game. Yes, Sarri got Jorginho - I think that was biggest holdup of Sarri actually coming here (which reveals something about Sarri).

I think there's more talk than action regarding manager's old clubs. Maybe a player here or there. Sarri getting two players from Napoli would be a lot.

19. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Odd report in the media of Morata being offered to Barcelona. He would perhaps do better for them, but would they really want him?

Also, now that Inter Milan are out of the CL, does that open up the possibility of signing Mauro Icardi?

20. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More Pulisic talk for 60m

21. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still too high of he isn’t coming in January. I think we should be able to get a better deal for a player entering the last 18 months of a deal if January or 12 if summer. Dortmund don’t have leverage. Pool has too much talent on the wings and I don’t see him wanting to go to ManU

22. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supposedly he would stay in Germany till the summer. So with that in mind...deff too high of a price

23. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    60m to sign one of the hottest young prospects in the world from BvB is too high? I’ve made the case in the past but guys, do you pay attention to the market? We just paid 70m for a mufuggin GOALKEEPER. 60m for a prospective outright starter at that age and potential is reasonable given the market. I get his contract is winding down but if we can capitalize then we absolutely should.

24. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get why their gonna pay it. They want to make sure they get their guy and he’s the market is crazy. However, he wants to go England. As it stands, City is a hard no if he wants to play. Pool as tempting a Klopp reunion might be has 3 players that are young and in their prime that would be ahead of him. I suspect he wants to stay far far away from Man U and Mou but who knows how much longer he’s there. That leaves Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea. We’re the only team that will pay close to their want. Spurs won’t offer 40 and I doubt arsenal wouldn’t either if their even interested. We are in the poll position for a reason we’re the best fit for all parties. 45 with incentives to raise to 55 for a player with 18/12 months left who will walk for free if they don’t sell is the best offer theyll get.

25. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Anybody want Pogba? He seems surplus to requirements at MU.