Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He also said that Sancho shouldn't join Chelsea.

I'm guessing that he just doesn't like Chelsea very much :)

Media bias against Chelsea? Surely not.

2. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And we have a winner for backhanded compliment of the day.

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Sorry. It’s not my fault Kane hasn’t been good for England from open play for a while. For a player for whom we’d have to break all kinds of transfer records, that seems a problem.

4. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Unfortunately I think there is zero chance of us getting our hands on Sancho! I saw Pulisic for the first time the other day, I think he has potential, he looks confident and skillful, I thought that he seemed to make a few 'wrong' decisions during the game but that is easily 'ironed out' with good coaching (which I'm sure he is getting at Dortmund), experience and age.

5. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You seem to have a problem with Kane, I have to be honest with you I don't see it? At the end of the day its about putting the ball into the onion bag - something which (one season wonder!) Kane has done consistently over the last 4 seasons, he won't come to Stamford Bridge though.

6. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I thought Kane was amazing last season until he got hurt. He’s not been amazing since then. Given that whoever buys him will have to break transfer records, that’s a problem. If it was a question of getting him on a free tomorrow at a reasonable salary, obviously I’d be in favor of it!

7. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sancho just got there and is already talking about how much he owes them for giving him a chance. He will leave someday but it won’t be January and it will be for a lot more than 70.

8. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The way the British press have collectively wet themselves is par for the course when they find a shiny new talent. He's good, but young. Just like Pulisic. So far to go. It's all exciting and all good for the sport.

Just sit back and enjoy the talent on display. Think of how lucky we are to be alive watching the likes of Messi and Ronaldo.

Wrath repped this.
  9. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    AC Milan have begun talks about signing Cesc Fabregas. He is 31, he never really could be fit for an entire season, but I like him, he has been a decent player for us. IF Jorghino is injured I am confident that Kovacic could play the Jorghino-role for a few games if needed. Jorghino has been a revelation this season. Just keeps the Chelsea engine so well timed. Losing Cesc will be sad, but for the right price, etc. We could even throw in Moses. Moses could be the new Luther Blisset for them.

Striker in January. Gather up all our money and buy that one player. World Class expensive striker for ALL the money.

10. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pulisic is an impact player. And at only 20 years old? He'd be brilliant for a long time for us.

11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt. My comment was more about telling the person I quoted we won't be signing Sancho in January

12. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know - I don't know, I just went off on a tangent. In general, there are so many amazing players around today.

Pulisic is a very good player already and he has not come close to hitting his potential. He is not a goalscorer though. But he creates like a motherf'r. If we do get him, we need to get a finisher up front and in the middle. Kante and Jorginho are not finishers.

Kerry Dixon's Boots repped this.
  13. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel no worries.

He's capable of finishing but yes we need to go and get a striker. I believe in Morata but we can't wait. He has until the window opens to show if he can get out of his own head/way. This transfer ban could be both a blessing and a curse.

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Kante!!!!

Wrath repped this.
  15. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad he re-upped. Will help send a message to Hazard but the real deal will showing him in January and spending big on attacking talent.

16. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think the Pulisic thing will happen and we may overpay for it to happen in January. Think about it - it's a major move for the kid. He's part of a team that is in first place, through to the knockouts of the CL, and Dortmund is all he's known and they've been amazing to him.

-For us, he's not the solution, but a good step. He can create like crazy and drive defenses nuts, but Morata is our striker.
    -He's essentially coming to a team that is likely coming to grips with losing Hazard this summer. I think that's going to happen. So fans will be comparing any new attacking players to Hazard, obviously. It's not fair, but it's what ignorant fans do.
    -We need so many other pieces. We need upgrades over Luiz. Over Pedro and Willian. Over Morata. Even Azpilicueta is showing signs of degredation.

Bottom line: stop wondering if Hazard will ever step his game up higher (he's not - this is it) and enjoy this season with him. He's one of the great players we've ever had. But not nearly as important of a player as Lampard, Drogba, Terry were. Hell, even Cech in his heyday. Hazard is very good and watching his stop/start bursts of speed will be my joy this season and I hope he helps lead us back into the CL.

And Pulisic won't be 70 million pounds.

17. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We made an official offer for Pulisic. Lower than what Dortmund want. Their looking at the younger Hazard and we have right to match. Hopefully we can make a deal but reports are he would prefer to reunite with Klopp at Pool.

Also reports that were in the hunt for Isco who is on the outs with Real.

And talks of going back to Napoli for a few players tho that will be at an overpriced rate.

18. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    All about Pulisic.

19. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Or it could be as you mentioned, that Pedro and Willian are in their 30s and that Hudson-Odoi is too raw to play a role.

And Madrid is not exactly looking great by their standards right now.

20. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Both should be cut loose IMO.

lobomojo repped this.
  22. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luiz should def stay on but not as a starter. Cesc can leave but finding someone to fill that role isn’t easy and he can be of use to rotate as he is now tho his wages will need to be lowered. It also gives us more leverage to sell.

23. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    sign Pulisic and loan back to BVB until summer so he can get maximum minutes and experience in CL

24. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    Or figure out what Jadon Sancho is gonna cost.

Gotta cut the wage bill in certain places. I also would much rather lose Luiz than Christensen. We can use the wages savings from him, Cahill, and selling Zouma towards another young CB.

Next two transfer windows have significant potential turnover and are key for long term success. Decisions by Hazard, and on Fab, Luiz, Zouma, Willian, Pedro, RLC, Drinkwater, Michy, Tammy, Morata, to name a few.

Blueallthru repped this.
  25. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jadon isn’t/won’t be for sale in January or the Summer window.

We don’t need another young CB! Rudy (25) and AC (22) would start, Ampadu (18) would be the young player and Luiz the vet. That’s the 4 I’d keep. The rest can/should go.

Hazard is key. Fab and Luiz don’t need to go. Pedro resigned. Willian id sell but if he can accept a rotational role he can stay because he needs to be upgraded. RLC and Morata stay.

Drinkwater, Michy, Zouma, Moses, Cahill all have to go. Tammy needs a loan to the EPL but I don’t think he fits Sarri ball and will eventually he sold.

As for the bill, Luis and Fab would be offer deals but not at their current level. They’d reflect their bench/rotational roles.