Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Granted, letting the board give Jose the reigns was entirely their fault and the dumbest decision possible.

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Bats wasn’t actually very good for us, especially for Conte’s system, even I agree he has a lot of talent. Matic didn’t make United better. Lol at Mata making United better - we clearly got the better end of that one. Salah took YEARS to become an elite player, selling him was far from unreasonable. Morata’s underlying numbers are pretty good, as are his goal/minute numbers. And he got worse after his injury. Jorginho not being an obvious purchase is an odd take - he was a player Pep really wanted, and City’s talent acquisition has been outstanding in recent years.

Yes, selling KDB and Lukaku was dumb. But how long are we going to brin* that up, given how many players we’ve sold successfully?

Wrath and JimWharton repped this.
  3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Eh - we also won. He also targeted Costa which was a great move, while making do with Eto’o. As people have pointed out, Jose’s teams don’t collapse after he leaves, with the exception of Inter. He’s much better at building squads than people give him credit for.

Wrath repped this.
  4. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Em and Marina and the board had the transfer power, not Jose, 2nd go round, though Matic return was certainly to please Jose. Jose chose not to play some players to their liking and certainly lost the dressing room but he was not flying across Europe on off days selling players on the cheap without buy backs and strengthening our top 4 competition. Funny how you give the Board every last bit of credit for transfer/recruitingsuccess but every last bit of disappointment lies at the feet of Jose or Conti

Yea Conti was the Master of The Transfer Domain:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    He begged the suits not to buy Lukaku, begged them to buy Morata and no other striker, begged them to sell Matic to a direct competitor, begged them to replace him with Baka, begged them to leave him without talented depth to better challenge his coaching abilities.

I don't think Conti gave Bats a fair chance, but Bats did not help his chance by not doing the job when he started instead of coming off the bench. And I don't think Sarri begged the Board to loan him out and leave him with what we have up front.

It was not reality and unprecedented to think we needed a physical striker last season, that perhaps Morata, also injured, and a false nine Hazard would do the trick all spring. What a gamble on a proven consistent double digit Premier League goal scorer. And how dishonorable of Conti to coerce and force the soft willed Roman, Marina to buy Girouod from his position of strength; Conti was already dead man walking. Personally I think Giroud is better than Morata has proven, should get a real chance to start and at least he does not lose possession 5-7 + times a match.

Jorginho, yes a master secret find, ohh so clever Board, no one knew he was one of the most prolific accurate passers in Europe, pheeww thank all that Pep was never on to him I said the board pleased Sarri with that pick but they did not exactly go out on a weak swaying limb (a no-brainer really) at a position of desperate need, and I also think it was a both or none to hire Sarri. But Sarri did not get Higuian, good or not, did not get more better attackers like he seems to want, and would he have even got a AMF
    had Cun#@tois not thrown a tantrum.

I give the board credit for Jorginho, turning Cun#@tois exit into gold holding on to Hazard, Alonso and Willian in end, well I hope til 1 Sept. I hope to give credit for hiring Sarri, like what I am seeing mostly, but early early days for Coach without trophies ever. What I don't give is unquestiond benifit of the doubt to a Board that has finished out side the Top Four 2 out of the last 4 years and below ManU , Scouse and Tots 2 out of the last 3 years. And I do like a model that gives a Manager some input beyond 1 player about who plays in his distinctive system, but early days to judge on that as well

Wrath repped this.
  5. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    "What I don't give is unquestiond benifit of the doubt to a Board that has finished out side the Top Four 2 out of the last 4 years and below ManU , Scouse and Tots 2 out of the last 3 years. "

Unquestioned? No, not unquestioned, I'm not just part of the mob. The mob that unquestionably thought Jose should have stuck around, the mob that thought we should've sold half our squad during the nightmare season (I also like seeing how its the boards fault and not Jose's for that BS), etc.

You sound ridiculous. FFS, 2 out the last 4 years ended with titles. I'm hardly a glass half full kind of guy but come on.. agree to disagree at this point as these arguments never go anywhere.

sydneymuganzi repped this.
  6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    [​IMG]

Ok Sparky, not sure what you are on about, but you win I am ridiculous...

[​IMG]

7. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has the rest of Europe closed their transfer windows yet?

8. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nope

9. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    End of August?

Blueallthru repped this.
  10. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #510 StamfordBridgeLions, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Last minute rumour . . . .

The reason that Real Madrid didn't want Hazard is . . . Real Madrid have agreed a fee for Juventus' Argentina striker Paulo Dybala, 24

11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be a good get for him. I was hoping we'd have targeted him ourselves. I wonder how much he will end up costing.

12. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah right! The problem with Madrid (and most Spanish people and clubs) is that they are SO full of themselves that they can't simply admit that a player has decided to ply his trade elsewhere. You should have a peek at the Madrid transfer board, basically its like - 1) Mbappe, we'll have him, its his dream to play for mighty Madrid! 2) Why is he at PSG? 3) PSG are holding him hostage! He obviously wants to play for the mighty Madrid 4) Mbappe should 'go on strike' so that he can realise his dream of playing for the mighty Madrid 5) Why is Mbappe signing a contract extension!!??? He obviously wants to play for the mighty Madrid! 6) Mbappe is staying at PSG, which is good because he is sh*t and never good enough to play for the mighty Madrid! 7) Rinse and repeat with other players (like for example Hazard)! I never for one moment expected Hazard to go, all along he said he was happy at Stamford Bridge and that it was up to the club, and I didn't expect for one moment the club would sell him!

13. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Real Madrid is the biggest sports team in the world and they have every right to declare themselves as that.

14. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Only arguably, Manchester United 'claim' the same thing, Madrid only had 48'000 at their last home game, that ain't happening in Manchester. Madrid may 'currently' be the best team in Europe but its not the same thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs

https://www.totalsportek.com/list/most-popular-football-clubs/

http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-20-most-popular-rich-list-football-teams-on-social-media-2017-1

I am not suggesting anything because its difficult to prove, but why are United fans not giving it the old 'its always been his dream to play for Unitd'? Whatever the player you get that every time from Madrid! Perhaps, just perhaps Hazard would like to ply his trade in the worlds most popular sports league and (arguably) the worlds most competitive one?

15. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Madrid has never been modest and quite frankly, it helps them. When you have the trophy cabinet they have, you can be arrogant about it and have every right to do so. Throw in notable names such Butragueno, Laudrup, Figo, Zidane, Di Stefano, Sanchez, Ronaldo (Fat and Captain Hairgel), and many many more, you can be as arrogant as you'd like.

Blueallthru repped this.
  16. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There is no arguing against their success, doesn't mean that everybody wants to play for them though, if you wan't guarantees on 'titles' then play for Celtic, Madrid or Munich but perhaps you would like the challenge of a more competitive environment? I think Hazard 'likes' the EPL, he will renew his contract.

17. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things have gone well so far but it's clear we need a goal scorer. I suspect Morata will get the full year to prove himself but do we look to finally upgrade RW in the January window? Pedro is up there and Willian isn't a goal score he'd ratter set someone up. With us winning does the board go out and sanction more spending and further show Hazard our commitment.

18. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Suso might be someone we go after. I would like to see Hudson-Odoi get a run out as well because he's scored at the lower levels. But I would think that Morata needs to start scoring before we shop him come next summer. He is less effective in a possession system than a counter system as we've seen.

19. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we've had a great start to the season and shown we will spend again. We're finally playing attacking soccer. He looks very happy about how we're playing. I suspect we will strength again in January's window. Is this enough to lock up Hazard? Does he wait till the Jan window is done to confirm we spend again? Does he wait till the end of the season with a year left on his deal? Do we go out and spend massively to convince him to stay either in Jan or summer window?

20. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i think it's still up in the air, however he's been MUCH more active and positive on social media with chelsea and teammates recently. he seems like he's really happy with how things are going and the new style seems to be making him feel like he has the freedom to do what he wants. i definitely think things are moving in a positive direction.

21. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Some crap Turin website are claiming that Cahill is in line for a Yanited move in January and that Giroud is also in line to leave in January.

Two things...if Yanited need defensive help, not sure Cahill is the answer. Why in the hell would we want to get rid of Giroud when we have Morata and no one else?

Also, how in the hell would some journo in Turin be aware of any of this....

22. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I would be ok to bring back Bats but not at the cost of Giroud. Maybe if somebody offered us a semi- good deal, I will be happy to let Morata go.

23. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it would be a mistake to let Morata go unless we're bringing in a top class ST. Bats isn't that. I hope Giroud stays. He's a great rotation ST as he ages.

24. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's pray United pay us money for Cahill and call it a day. That would be a steal. We get money, free up wages and weaken United defense in one swoop. I doubt Giroud leaves but if there's any smoke there it might mean the board is going to go out and buy a ST. As for the Journo they all have contacts. Could be real or just misdirection. Or even just click bait. Time will tell.

25. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    bring bats back, give him a real shot. no reason not to. morata has zero confidence and not sure how long we can afford to carry that. i like morata as a player, but it's almost painful to watch him right now. i'd love for him to find his form and show what he can really do, on paper i feel like he could thrive in this system. but he can't finish his chances at all right now, and he IS getting them.

Blueallthru and Wrath repped this.