Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i don't hate zaha, i just don't think he's anywhere near worth what CP are asking. if we are going to be spending that much we should be looking elsewhere.

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    This is one of the reasons I don’t want Lampard in charge of transfers though. And I’ll end on that note.

3. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Opportunity cost is a major issue with Zaha.

4. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ? Confused. Did I miss something has Lampard made some terrible transfer decisions at Chelsea? Last I heard we were banned from making any transfers and Lampard hasn't been guilty of squandering money thus far has he? You don't want Lampard in charge of transfers because. . . .

5. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Has there been the slightest indication or hint Lamp wants Zaha?:confused::confused:

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  6. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002

If you talk about it...they will come..

Rman3349 and lobomojo repped this.
  7. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Can we talk about Jadon Sancho then?

Jadon Malik Sancho - 19 - yet another South London boy, born in Camberwell where all the great people come from.

Or

Kylian Mbappé Lottin - 20 - born in Paris. Played for Chelsea when he was 11.

lobomojo repped this.
  8. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Didn't he just sign a new contract with Dortmund, thought i read that somewhere?

I do think that even Chelsea would baulk at the money demanded for him at this point.Fantastic talent though and would certainly not only make a statement in the market if we did, but would drive us to the point where we could think about a player to the back (a la Van Dijk) which would enable us to compete for the title.

Young people (in general) tend to stick to young people the world over, so I would imagine Sancho will pally up with our young lot, perhaps some extolling of the virtues of playing for Lampard in London will abound in downtime.

Never know, he might push for a move.

9. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He is already best mates with CHO.
    old story here:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...on-Sancho-risen-Englands-16s-senior-team.html

the vibe is good at the club with the youngsters, but I would like to see us buy some grown ups when we move back into the transfer market. Imagine if we had bought Virgil VD when we had a chance? Anyways, I like Koulibaly, because he can play anywhere in the back four, CB, RB or LB [and even as a DM] and he is a grown ass man, some say he is maybe even too aggressive, he has all the other attributes of the modern defender, fast, skillful, able to play the ball out of the back, etc. and he gets stuck in - they call him 'the wall' or K2.

It's funny not so long ago I was thinking we needed a complete over haul, now I think 3 solid signings and we'd be in good shape.

10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re. Zaha, just checked and his 27th birthday is next month so at the sort of prices mentioned he's too expensive I'd say. Good player though :)

11. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
  12. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Kante is pure of heart, spirit and soul, a man of his word (contract), hell he even pays taxes he would not have to cause its the "right thing",and his blood runs true blue. They can want but they ain't going to get, plus why would he want to play for a Europa side next season.

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
  14. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    On the contrary, I feel he is a physical specimen like Ronaldo with lots of mileage in him.

15. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Ronaldo massively changed his game as he got older and became a striker. Kante can’t really change positions.

16. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So he still plays a DM for Chels or has he moved further up the pitch since Sarri arrived? Has he in fact changed positions?

So you've moved on from bashing Barkley and Mount and now you're bashing Kante???!!?

Is nothing sacred anymore? :p

lobomojo repped this.
  17. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Leicester? Caen have a partly blue strip so them, maybe? Boulogne's away strip has a blue shirt but it's light blue so it can't be them... :eek:

:giggle:

Nah, seriously, I think with any of these guys we bring in from outside we can't really expect them have the same feeling for the club as lads that have been with us since they were kids. If he wants to leave I wouldn't blame him, particularly, any more than I did Hazard.

I'm still hopeful for this guy by the time Kante's going to leave...

:)

18. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    surely you had a couple lame dates before you met your wife, and you ain't trading her in for a Senorita from Madrid:eek::cautious::whistling:

Rman3349 and Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  19. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Crystal Palace will pay £22m to sign Michy Batshuayi, We paid €40 million £33.2 million for him in 2016.

20. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm sure Giroud is getting all kinds of offers; most recently from MLS (Vancouver).

What sayeth the board? Sell? Keep? Just turned 33 and is not going to be getting many minutes this season. He's a very specific type of striker and obviously Lampard favors Michy over him so far (despite the tummy aches he had recently).

MLS or otherwise, I wouldn't mind if he left - FA Cup and Europa Cup winner with us. Also won the World Cup during his time here (while not touching the ball once during the tournament, I believe). I don't know who we have to step into the 3rd striker role, though.

21. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I would keep all 3 all season, unless we get paroled and can get a proven striker in January, we are in 4 competitions and games are going to start piling up, and injuries and slumps can occur.

Not sure if you are being facetious but Giroud started the final and all games but the first and was quite integral, though in 546 minutes not a shot on target, the posh man's Hesky.

22. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Haha. Just referencing the no shots thing. Such a weird "achievement" for a team as dangerous as France.

lobomojo repped this.
  23. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’d sell if we’re fully healthy at the end of the window but wouldn’t care if we held him for the year as insurance.

24. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    also, NO, to selling bats without having an awesome replacement lined up.

lobomojo repped this.
  25. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    No way Bats should be allowed to go, in fact, he has 18 months left on his deal, time to resign him for a longer spell.
    Although, looking back, wasn't Lamps going to loan him out at Summers end?
    Funny how things can change in football in a few weeks.

Speaking of contracts, Giroud will be able to (legally) listen to offers come January.I would be highly surprised if he doesn't get something worth considering and not very surprised if he didn't start agitating for a move around the end of November.

Not a chance he'll be here next season.

lobomojo repped this.