Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So... Hazard hasn't had the best of starts at Madrid, ey?

[​IMG]

2. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    28, history of injuries in areas that seriously affect your play, and all that money, I think we ended up doing better out of it.

I've always felt that buying attackers who star or are the face of a club never really works out.

3. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lol... 3 appearances in... 3.

4. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chelsea are keen to sign Monaco's French centre-back Benoit Badiashile, 18, if the Blues overturn their transfer ban.

As a manager it is kind of foolish to make too many changes too quickly. That is why Frank often uses the word 'transition' when he talks about team selection. I think we will be going into the transfer market to find replacements for Pedro and Giroud when the time is right [the ban will end - maybe even in january - and Frank might keep Willian on for a little longer.

I think Frank will look to sign a world-class centre back, how I wish Chels had made a move for Virgil VD when he was available (Conte wanted him). But we already have all these talented CB's right? True. but we still need that leader back there for Tomori or Christensen to play alongside. Rudiger - we may want an upgrade on Rudiger and I quite like him, but competition is a good thing. I wouldn't say no to Koulibaly [although his release clause is now 150 million quid].

Chelsea will always be after the best young players, but I think in the transfer market, we shall be looking to sign more accomplished and experienced professionals. Frank often talks about having players in the dressing room that the younger players can look up to, Kante and Jorghi, etc. I think the signing of 2-3 key players will happen.

So, we have the money and we're looking to sign a replacement for Pedro. Sure, we have CHO, Mount, Pulisic, Willian - but how about we make a move for Kylian Mbappe? New and exciting options right?

5. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You live in some dreamworld man. We aren't signing Mbappe. Also not sure why we need an upgrade on Rudi and definitely not 150M! He is WC for me. Tomori has shown great potential and Christensen is decent. We have Ampadu who is getting decent minutes on loan and has great potential. Personally, even when we are leaking goals so much, I wouldn;t change the CBs. Jury still out on James for me so would prefer an upgrade an RB or LB upgrade if at all possible.

Rman3349 and StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  6. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #2581 StamfordBridgeLions, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    :D

Why not Mbappe? He must be bored shitless playing in France.

Ben Chillwell at LB? i know Frank is a fan of Ben and the lad is fast.

I guess the point i was trying to make is that we will be buying players, even with all the young talent and the players out on loan, when that ban is over, we shall be buying players. We will also have a lot of money to spend.

I like Rudiger and I think he's great, but y'know, if we lose Zouma and bring in Koulibaly the squad starts looking amazing.

I'm just provoking the debate on who we should sign. Always room for improvement.

7. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We need more upgrades in attack than defense IMO. Our midfield can also be easily overrun if we don't have Kante. Rather spend there.

8. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #2583 StamfordBridgeLions, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    MBappe is a striker non? il est un très grand footballeur.

Before the start of this season, I would have agreed that we need more upgrades up-front, but seeing how we have played so far this year, it is at the back where we have been exposed and have looked the weakest. Of course injuries to Kante and Rudiger have not helped, but Dave is looking slow, Alonso is more comfortable as a wing-back, injury to Emerson. A player like Koulibaly would be expensive, but he is 28, he has tonnes of experience, he is fast, aggressive [sometimes he is nasty - and that is not always a bad thing, look how Kompany helped out Citeh eh?] and although Koulibaly plays as a CB, he can also play at RB and LB.

9. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sure, I would be a fool to say no to Mbappe. But also a realist :)

No to Koulibaly though.

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  10. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I do wonder if the transfer ban is downgraded to one window, which has passed, if we could kill a couple of birds with one deal?

Namely, outrageous bid that will pry Zaha from Palace (he wants to leave and preferably stay in London), loan Pulisic to Palace for a season and a half and flog Willian...all in January.

win-win-win.

(wishful thinking I know)

11. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am totally opposed to Zaha. There are loads of wide players for vastly cheaper cost. Everton from Grêmio is a better player and younger.

Wrath repped this.
  12. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Indeed, he is certainly not everybody's cup of tea, a real polarizing player, but one that could do well with how Lampard is trying to steer this team going forward.

Everton is quite the talent, they'll struggle to keep him much longer.
    However, Zaha is home grown, at least as far as the rules state, despite being Ivorian. (does Everton have a European passport..mnnnn, that even may not matter with brexit) and tried and tested in the league.

He does drift out of games at times, but usually because he is starved of service.I think moving to Lampards Chelsea would raise his game.

13. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    To be honest, I don't think we have a home grown problem anymore. I would shoot for somebody better than Zaha.

Ninjatend0 and Blueallthru repped this.
  14. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Zaha would be a mistake of massive proportions given the fee and wages he would command. He’s not especially young either, and has never really justified his reputation.
    Given all our young players, why is homegrown status even a major consideration for us?

Blueallthru repped this.
  15. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Zaha? May as well get Moses back from loan as bring in Zaha.

Nope. I think When we go back into the market we need 2-3 major signings. Accomplished players that the kids can see on the training ground and look up to and/Or the best players available. We have saved a lot of money. Let us make a couple of premium signings. MBappe? Did I mention MBappe? :D

16. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Haven't heard about Mbappe yet.

17. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He's French. He's fast and quite talented. Played in the World Cup and shit.

Mbappé had a trial with Chelsea when he was 11, playing a match for our youth team against Charlton. Unfortunately he opted to sign for Monaco rather than us. time to bring him back into the fold.

Wrath and Blueallthru repped this.
  18. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Truth be told. IF I was a professional footballer there is no club in the world right now that is a more exciting prospect than Chelsea FC. Think about it. This club has an energy right now - with all the yoof - that any top class player would want to be involved in. I wish we had signed Jao Felix.

Willian - Barcelona and Juventus want to sign him. Willian > Pedro.

19. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  20. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    just to echo some comments already made, i'm a pretty big NOPE to Zaha. homegrown isn't an issue anymore, and he's a decent player but no where NEAR the cost being quoted around him. 80M could be used much more effectively somewhere else. now that being said i'm all for splashing on a player if they are worth it. we need a couple of BIG signings and stop just trying to plug holes with half measures.

JimWharton and Blueallthru repped this.
  21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Personally if we’re making a huge signing, I’d fo it on a left back or a CM.

22. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Jesus...all you Zaha haters.

Gonna be crying when we get him in January..:)

CB?
    If we get a marquee CB then Rudiger will be pissed, as that young kid isn't going anywhere.
    I think Lampard is set on Emerson, so if Rudiger whets his appetite, back line will be set.Now, I could see Zouma being sold, as he won't be happy being second string.We do need to address that.
    Really on the fence with Christensen.

James- Rudiger-Tomori-Emerson.

I do believe that will be how Lampard sees it as first choice.

23. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    For a club playing a free flowing shorter passing system (which seems to be what Lampard mostly wants to do), Zaha is a very odd choice even before you factor in his age, wages and transfer fee. I’m not sold on Emerson being good enough.

24. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I think more of Zaha and the long ball that Lampard says we must use.
    I just like the lad.

One of those sort that just makes you go.."hello" when he runs.
    I mean he could end up with a yellow card for simulation or a goal :)

Emerson?
    Yes, on the fence with him too, but it would seem that Lampard is not.

Actually ,that does make it rather interesting doesn't it?

Where, in Lampards opinion, does he think we need strengthening, aka, where will he buy?

25. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Don't hate Zaha as much as many on here, but we have two promising young players and two solid-if-unspectacular veterans on the wings. We shouldn't sign a winger/wide attacking player unless its a world-class player who can really make a difference, and Zaha ain't that by a damn sight

Fullbacks, we need to buy fullbacks.

On the right, Azpi is sadly washed and I'm not sold on Reece yet, plus having a top player with Reece backing him up is an ideal scenario IMO

On the left, I rather like Emerson but concede that he could be upgraded, and I really do not like Alonso. Need to do some more research to sort out my feelings on Chilwell.