Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Have at it. Silly season is upon us, let the back pages be flooded with 1% fact and 99% utter toss.

Blueallthru repped this.
  2. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Prices start at 200m for the pair if they want them that badly. And as much flack as TC gets he would be hard to replace IMO.

I hope they both stay (Willian too ftr) as would like to see what the new gaffer could do with this squad plus some new faces. Super excited for our new game breaking midfield duo of kante and jorginho. At least let's have eden hang around until January.....

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I’m fine selling Willian to fund Martial, especially given their respective ages.

What I’ve read in the rumor mill is that we don’t want to sell Hazard - let’s hope that’s true. If we do sell him, we need to get a massive fee. Closer to 200 than 100. He’s been arguably the best player at the World Cup, and Real need stars.

Meanwhile, in terms of what we need - is Dave a RB again? Is Moses a....? Is Zappacosta useful? Who’s replacing Pedro? How do we dump Drinkwater? How many strikers are we playing next year and who are they?

4. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm sure Sarri has been thinking about all of this over the summer and giving feedback to the club. What they do with it, who knows?

Courtois: I think he's as good as gone. And with one year left on his contract, it'll be for peanuts for his quality. Lower than Ederson, which is ridiculous. Latest number I heard was 35m. For me, if we get a good replacement (Becker, hell, even Navas), see you later.

Hazard: This one is a bit trickier. He'll never be worth more than he is today. Also, if he doesn't leave now for Madrid, he never will. 200m is way too much. Madrid will set the price and we go from there. He is world class and plays well when not trying to get his manager fired. Who is out there to possibly replace him? The only ones I can think of remotely close: Julian Brandt, Leon Bailey, Julian Draxler, Hirving Lozano.

Willian: Remember when we were going to sell him to Barca? Are we really going to get rid of three major players in our starting XI?

Wrath and saadomar repped this.
  5. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I’ll say this about Real, again. They have to pay more for their stars to show they’re stars.

6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure Sarri has been think about that. I suspect Dave plays all over the back 4. Left, Right and Center. Moses should be sold though I doubt anyone wants him. Zappacosta will be useful as depth but Sarri could look to buy a fimilar face at RB. Pedro needs to be sold but will likely stay as depth. Drinkwater will be gone but we will lose money or at best break even. We will play with 1 striker. Sarri loves his 4-3-3.

7. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #7 StamfordBridgeLions, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Football transfers are a summer soap opera. . .Sarri hates the transfer market and likes to work with the players he has been given. Which maybe means some youth finally get there chances. Ampadu is my presonal fave of all our kids. He has something.

Courtois and Hazard are a package deal. Hazard would love for Real Madrid to come in for him and he really did have a great World Cup (and as has been insightfully stated here Real Madid love star status) and we should get about 200 Million pounds for him. (Do we chuck some of that back at them for Gareth Bale? I would hate to see Bale at United. But not sure I want Bale either). Do Real Madrid want Courtois? Only if they cannot sign the Brazilian with the girls name (Alison). You can see why they would want beach Lothario Alison as he really does look the part, but I am not sure if he is as good as Courtois (but come on let’s be honest here Courtois has always looked dopey and Real want star quality). Speaking of ugly keepers, how about Pickford as a replacement? I know, he is English (and we are not sure about that – not sure about that at all) and he is also a terrible shade of ginger (and we all hate gingers right?) but there is something aggressive and passionate about him which I quite like and he is agile. This could all just be leftover World Cup residue and when I see him play for Everton again I can go back to laughing. Anyways, I would like to keep Hazard and Courtois but I just get that feeling they are edging away and we do not have Champions League Football to offer them.

Willian to Barcelona. You can see why they would want him. His work rate would be extraordinary, especially in Le Liga where there is only really Classico games and Champions League games to get excited about. I would keep him. But if they want him – I would sell him to Spain rather than Jose and United. Fcuck United.

Kante. Losing him would be our biggest loss. IF Sarri wants to play 4-3-3 then we shall need (NEED) Kante as he really is like having to 2 players. Hopefully the 100 million quid rumours to PSG are not true. Why would he want to play in such a boring league anyways? Lets hope Kante and Giroud =can convince Mbappe to join Chelsea :0)

Wing backs are done. Toast. Moses is over. Could you play Moses in a back four?

note - i hate the way the media suckle upon the arse of Pep and say he revolutionized the game in England. he did well. Sure. City paid that money for a lot of players to make sure that he did well. and it was in fact Conte who changed the game by playing wing backs - Conte started it and now everybody does it. AND NOW with Sarri we have someone who is hopefully changing it again.

Pedro can go. He wasn’t that bad. He wasn’t that great either.

Drinkwater. Nice bloke probably. Would do very well at West Ham. Ciao.

Ross Barkley? A poor mans Ruben Loftus-Cheek. Barkely on loan to . . .somewhere in Turkey probably.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek. Can’t really loan him out anymore. Somebody at the club has to make a decision here. Is he or isn’t he? A Big call. Not sure where he fits in, but I also feel that if we sold him he’d come back to haunt us (Kevin De Brown and Mo Salah come to mind – maybe even Lukaku).

Bakayako. A poor man’s Ross Barkley? Baka could be the next Patrick Viera. Could be. But then he might not be. A 3 man middle of Kante and Jorghino and Baka might have the right balance.

Morata. I like him and I would like to keep him. Giroud too. Bring back Tammy if we cannot sign Mbape. We had Mbape on trial and we opted for Tammy and Solanke. And so it goes. But I think Tammy has real potential.

Dybala as the Hazard replacement?

Ok. Enough for now. The bottle said "Summer water" but it was really Rose.

8. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    Pickford is a more shit version of Joe Hart ca. 2011.

We’ve got some congestion up top with Tammy and Michy coming back off loan. Too important a season for Tammy to rot as 3rd choice-unfortunately the club might look at what they can get for Michy to help transfer funds and stick him there (same as it ever was).

We’re set at CB going to 4 at the back with AC, Rudi, Gary, Luiz, Ampadu, Zouma coming back from loan, and Dave as cover. Don’t want to see net funds spent there-only buy if we move Zouma and Luiz and get Rugani (Gary is needed for the HG numbers). Crazy idea would be going after Alessio Romagnoli on a cheaper deal than Rugani given Milan’s absurd financial issues.

Midfield is also a traffic jam. Get what we can for Drinkwater. Those are minutes RLC needs to play. Want to see Ampadu get some time in the Kante role. Not sure what to do with Ross. Cesc should be moved on-shame he doesn’t want a payday in China.

When Jorginho is on the field I see the three playing like Juve 4 years ago with him as Pirlo, Baka/RLC as Pogba, and Kante as Vidal. When Jorginho isn’t I reckon the three get inverted and it’s more like 05-07 Chelsea with RLC/Ross(oh shit) as Frank and Baka as Essien (drink up).

If PSG really do make a legit move for Kante they need to send Veratti, Draxler, and the modern equivalent of about 50mm in Giscard bonds.

Not overly interested in Alisson at the rumored price.

Last but not least, get Martial and Pulisic.

Correction: one last thing-don’t ********ing dare go near Higuain.

9. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The Higuain thing won't go away. I fear there might be something to it.

I really do think Morata is a good striker.

10. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Jamal Blackman goes to Leeds on 1-year loan.

At 24, he's gotta think, um, please find me a permanent club.

11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should not be giving up on Morata. He showed to start the season just how leathal he could be. He struggle but it usually takes time for strikers to adjust to the physicality of the league. I suspect he'll be much better this coming year.

I too worry that Higuain might be legit and I hope it's not. Conte stressed we needed win now players to go with the youth and it got him fired. I hope the board learned the lesson just not with him.

12. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I also want to see Morata given one more year. He has something, it just went wrong for him last year

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Now that the World Cup is over, I guess we need to start thinking about transfers.

14. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  15. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Great. We don’t need Golovin.

16. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh he's a good player that could be had cheap. I think he was rumored at 25. Buy and loan him to a big club. I'm good with that type of move but we shouldn't be buying him to be a part our first team plans next year.

17. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    How do we know he’s a good player?

18. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Now with Jorginho, really don't need Golovin. If we could somehow get an upgrade on Willian, would be great.

Also, as much as I hate the Conte sacking, excited about Sarri and his "exciting and fun" football. We have not had that kind of coach since AVB (LOL). Also, his English is pretty good already.

Blueallthru repped this.
  19. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't studied the guy but what I saw in the WC was good, he's young and a lot of top teams are after him. He may never reach that level but at that price it's worth it. Loan him out and even if he doesn't make it at Chelsea. Getting loan fees for a year or two then selling him at a slight markup is good business. If he pans out then it's a steal.

20. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    He wasn’t particularly good at the World Cup, and players from the Russian league miss notoriously often. There’s no reason to think he’s particularly good, that we need him at all or that the other teams were really after him.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  21. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh I think he showed he has quality in the WC. But we can agree to disagree. Yes with Russian players, especially attacker, tend to flop. Yes the other teams could be smoke made by agents but it's not all smoke. See Monaco's interest. We don't need him next year I agree. But he's still a cheap buy and will be able to be moved even if he doesn't make it to our first team.

22. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I don't just mean Russian players, I mean all players from the Russian league. The rate of failure from that league is remarkable. Buying players based on even an OK World Cup is a really bad idea.

Serengeti_Boy and Blueallthru repped this.
  23. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Todd Kane has joined Hull City on loan.

Pasalic to Atalanta on loan-to-buy.

Van Ginkel out for the year with injury.

Cahill considering leaving (if Rugani comes in, I don't see how he stays; or how our other CBs stay: Zouma, Miazga, Hector, etc.)

24. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC