Hawaii Five-0 (Season 10) [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Goodsport, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The show's season premiere airs on Friday, September 27th. :cool:

-G

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Season premiere tonight. :thumbsup:

-G

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While there've been a few supporting Hawaii Five-0 characters crossing over into Magnum P.I. the last two seasons, the long-awaited crossover between the Five-0 team itself (minus Danny Williams, for some reason) with Thomas Magnum and company will finally occur on Friday, January 3rd.

So don't forget to watch both shows back-to-back on that day. :)

(How differently would that scene have gone with Jack Lord and Tom Selleck in it instead? ;))

-G

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crossover night tonight. :thumbsup:

First watch Hawaii Five-0, then watch Magnum P.I. immediately afterward.

-G

5. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After tonight's new episode, CBS originally planned to air this show's two-hour series finale :( on Friday, April 3rd.

However, because the NCAA March Madness tournament was recently canceled, CBS decided instead to split the series finale, airing the first hour on Friday, March 27th and the second hour on Friday, April 3rd.

-G

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I wish it could continue, I'm glad it's going out strong. I'm reminded of when The X-Files brought in additional people (Reyes and Doggett) to essentially take over. It just wasn't the same, even though those storylines sort of made sense. (I was in HS at the time and didn't even see the first several seasons.)

Still, while I'll miss McGarrett and company, I'm glad it's going out strong.

Goodsport repped this.
  7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even though I would've liked for this version of the show to at least reach the original version's twelve seasons (1968-1980), ten seasons is still pretty solid and like you said, it's going out strong. :thumbsup:

Happily, executive producer Peter Lenkov and company will continue providing us adventures from Hawaii via the current version of Magnum P.I. ;)

-G

8. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If Alex's back wasn't hurting, who knows. :(

Part of me wishes they could have brought Cath back to close that storyline, but a lot of people didn't like that actress.

Too bad Lauren German is off doing Lucifer now...there was that storyline, but she left because Steve couldn't get over Cath.

9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems that for the last 2-3 seasons, Alex had to decide whether his back pain would keep him from returning. It apparently has finally caught up with him. :(

I would've liked to see her return as well, but why didn't a lot of people like her? :confused:

And even before that, there was Jenna Kaye (played by Larisa Oleynik) who seemed to work well with the team when she joined it in the middle of Season 1, although she ended up later helping Wo Fat escape (after he killed Victor Hesse) and then was herself killed by Wo Fat as she helped Steve escape him in North Korea. :eek:

Also, a fun fact that I only realized later: Anton Hesse (whose death in the opening minutes of the series premiere triggered his brother Victor to kill Steve's father) was played by Norman Reedus, who would later star as Daryl Dixon in The Walking Dead which premiered a little over a month later. :D

-G

10. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look around the internet. There's social media, blogs and whatnot. I'm not sure if it was chemistry with the cast or whatnot, but it seems the fans spoke.

11. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999