"Having a relationship with a woman is like baking a cake" - NSROT [17]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Case, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    people forget cc means nowt and arsenal won both league games

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So? At the end of the day its still a trophy, and im sure Arsenal fans feel that they should win it.

appleCORR

3. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Typical response from those 'big' clubs. Haha It never matters when they lose cos they didn't wanna win. Face it, you got smashed, and smashed well, take it like a man.

4. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Yea guess the CL didn't mean anything in the "undefeated" season either!
    OOI, is Anelka now hated like Ashley Cole is?

5. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Not really. Everyone knows that he ********ed up going to Madrid, he's admitted it enough times, and when he's parked up at places like Man City and Bolton you can't help but laugh. Let the Chavs have him, he could have been great if he stayed at Arsenal but the power of the almighty pound was too much of a lure for him. Much like Cristiano Ronaldo and ugly hookers.

6. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    mmm ugly hookers....

7. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ah well always next season. Shame the refs still don't get things right though.

8. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Wow, the two scummiest teams in London playing in the three handled cup final. Best to let off a bomb at Wembley during that game so there really is one team in London :p

9. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    case, u comparing cl to the tin cup special?

i guess utd fans should be worried/bothered about losing to a cc team?

your hatred knows no bounds for me now, u even blocked me on facebook, all cus i insulted that greasy, crossdressing, cheating twat ronaldo (albeit brilliant player)

10. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's right though, I'd have loved to win the Carling Cup no doubt. The bigger teams only belittle it when they're out. Chelsea certainly didn't want to lose.

11. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Example of replica Vs authentic jerseys pointed out in this painfully loserish rant from an NBA fan:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC640x7vLQM
    Guy seems a bit of a geek, but he has a point we can all relate too....

12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wanted Everton to get to the final. I think they are having a fantastic season.

I think every team wants to win the Carling cup. I think its a good chance to let fringe and reserve players get a few first team games under their belts when they are playing against 'lower' sides. But, I think most teams when it comes to the later stages of the competition want to go all the way.

In a strange way you have to admire Wenger for actually sticking with his kids all the way when it would be easy for him to field a stronger 11 than he did. Although i don't think his side was that weak yesterday and quite a few big names did start.

I just think at the end of the day its silverware and every team wants that. And yes, Arsenal got spanked even Arsenal fans have to accept that.

appleCORR

13. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Yea well this week has proved and disproved my theory about talent and depth, I sed to my scouserpool mate that despite their decent looking squad they don't actually have the depth to win games without 90% of their best lineup starting, not just talking the obv G, Torres etc but I mean when the likes of Alonso and Riise etc ain't playing/on song (sucks for him having rafia in charge!). It's a long standing criticism of Man u that has seen them struggle in the latter stages of europe the last few years coz they really lack in depth esp when it comes to game winners-the years of RVN alone up top looking about as threatening as nicky barmby in a dark alleyway, literally without the strongest 11 their found wanting...
    Id said that the only 2 teams strong enough squad wise to rotate and still win games in the Prem and related cups were goon and cheatski, but it just proves that as thick as goon's squad is they're still gonna be seriously tested against a middle of the ladder side on a bad night. Coz they play football rather than cheatski who stop u playing, which means they can Greece you to death and nick any game if u fail to break them down.

14. Skizz

Skizz Guest

The problem with the whole kids thing...

21 Luckasz FABIANSKI (0 Premiership appearances)

3 Bacary SAGNA (21 apps)
    10 William GALLAS (17 apps)
    31 Justin HOYTE (1 app)
    30 Armand TRAORE (0 apps) [sub 9 EDUARDO (13 apps)]

13 Alexander HLEB (19 apps)
    15 DENILSON (7 apps) [sub 4 Cesc FABREGAS (19 apps)]
    19 GILBERTO (12 apps)
    2 Abou DIABY (9 apps)

26 Dicklas BENDTNER (14 apps)
    32 Theo WALCOTT (13 apps) [sub 25 Manu ADEBAYOR (21 apps)]

TOTAL PREMIERSHIP APPEARANCES THIS SEASON = 166

We can hardly pull the "inexperienced" card.

15. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sigh I hate Claudio Reyna such a waste of a player and money in NY :mad:

16. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't even see what the discussion or argument is even about?

The Carling Cup is not at all a highly regarded trophy, and Arsenal do not aim to win it at the beginning of each season.
    The Carling Cup is seen as a competition in which the Arsenal youngsters can get a run out in.

It's senseless bringing the cup up in the same breath as the FA Cup, never mind the CL.

And yes, Arsenal got hammered against Spurs. Whoever denied that? The scoreline was 5-1. It is a fact - it is not a matter of opinion.

17. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Arsenal aim to win every competition they go into. Just because we play the kids to give them first team experience doesn't mean we don't want to win it!!!!! It may not be high on the priority list but we haven't won anything for ages and I for one am pissed off we are not in the final, let alone we lost to the ********ing SCUM FIVE ********ING ONE!!! THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN TO US!!! I don't give a ******** if all our players were 12, the fact is we lost five ********ing one and that is unforgivable!!!

People who a) live in London and have to take 9 years worth of bullshit off ********ing scum supporters, and b) go to every game seem to have a different opinion of this to everyone else. It might not be a big thing to some people, to me it is and I am ********ing pissed off.

And yes it has now sunk in!!!!!!!!!

18. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bigg I feel for ya I've had these emotions about NY as a season ticket holder when they dropped points and sold players for no reason. I did one thing to ease my pain not watch the team or read news for a few days or weeks to get it out of my system.

19. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    ...but the point that's going un-spoken here is IS THAT REALLY BENTNERD's REAL NAME!!!!!

20. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eddie Johnson joins Fulham America!! :D

21. wrekinrak25

wrekinrak25 Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    you mean soon to be coca cola fulham america

22. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, thats what I was trying to say mate. It's not that we don't try to win it, it's just not high in our priorities in comparison. It was my choice of words that made it misunderstood there.

-----

Devil, this is not a personal dig at you at all, I'm just trying to make it understood how crap the loss was...

How long have the NY Red Bulls been around for, and how long have you supported them? There is huge history when we're talking about Arsenal vs Spurs. I have supported the team for 10 years now, and I live on a different continent - and I was beyond furious. Bigg meanwhile has been supporting for even longer AND lives in the immediate area. I just don't think you can compare the loss to NY dropping points.

Again, not a personal dig...But it's impossible for him not to. We've got Newcastle this weekend and again midweek. Nevermind not watching them on TV - Bigg will be going to the matches live.

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    According to todays Sun. The little 'fight' between Dickless Bendtner (as bigg calls him) and Ade was because Ade apparently said to him 'I'm on cause you are shit!!' i mean, you can't have a pop at the man for speaking the truth!! :rolleyes:

And im guessing this will make it a whole lot better :

Nicklas Bendtner's father has blasted Emmanuel Adebayor's behaviour following the players' row on Tuesday evening.

Adebayor clashed with team-mate Bendtner during Arsenal's Carling Cup semi-final defeat at Tottenham Hotspur.

During the closing stages of The Gunners' 5-1 loss, Adebayor appeared to strike Bendtner, and an altercation ensued.

On Wednesday, The Football Association confirmed that it will look at footage, with the view to attaining whether the confrontation is worthy of charges which can be retrospectively issued against any individuals.

Bendtner's father Thomas has hit out at Adebayor, and expects Arsenal to resolve the matter internally.

"It's a shame that a player like Adebayor walks out on the pitch without a brain, that he leaves it at home," he told Ekstra Bladet.

"It's not the first time he's done that. It's obvious that Adebayor has to defend himself, but the television pictures tell you what happened.

This episode is not fortunate, but I'm sure Arsenal will sort this out. We'll wait and see."

appleCORR

24. kumazou

kumazou Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Brilliant. He wants Arsenal to sort it out internally, but runs his mouth to the press. And Bendtner wasn't total crap -- did you see how high above the defender (Dawson) he got before heading it home? He also had a very heads-up play when he jumped out of the way of Adebayour's shot. How can Adebayour possibly be critical of play like that? ;)

And R&W, your point about the Spurs-Arsenal rivalry not being equal to Red Bulls dropping points is spot on. If any comparison to American Sports rivalry is going to be made, it should be Sox-Yankees. Sox/Yankees fans hate losing to their rival even in pre-season games. There's 100+ years of history between the two teams and the media really plays it up in those two cities. There's no escaping it. Anyway, should be fun watching Boca-River play in the torneo del verano this weekend. Should be intense even though its the summer tourney.

25. quixoticelixir42

quixoticelixir42 New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, Sox-Yankers is a much better comparision, kumazou.
    They're so intense, that it makes every other baseball game not even look like a sport, and the games are about an hour and a half longer than the rest.
    I'm pretty sure I failed every test I had to take during '04's ALCS comeback.