have you ever played against a pro?

Discussion in 'Player' started by jdefoe9, Feb 12, 2005.

1. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    also played against clyde simms in college.

2. viperman5000

viperman5000 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Ohio
    My coaches both played pro. My one coach played for Manchester United and the other played for Manchester City. Man U coach is so skilled with his feet and the Man City coach is so physical and has so much brute strength.

3. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    why does nobody give names? We want names.

4. viperman5000

viperman5000 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Ohio
    Sorry, my Man U coach is Seamus Reiley (sp?), and my Man City coach is Keith Closson.

5. Starplayer22

Starplayer22 New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Michigan
    Ive used to play with a kid named Quavus who just signed with the metrostars, (he's my age 17) hahahaha

6. galperin

galperin Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Maineville, OH
    My old coach played for Thailand Nat'l team.
    Played against Eddie Pope.
    Played against some kid on the U-17 Ireland Nat'l Team...forgot his name.
    Played against Temac Swarez and his bros.
    Played against Bury footbal club's youth side (England division 2).

7. ronaldina09

ronaldina09 New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    I've played with/against Robinho, Diego and L. Fabiano!!!!

8. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    :eek: :p

9. Rudy R9

Rudy R9 New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Estadio Azteca
    Yeah and a player just came from the mexican 3rd division hes god damn good. And hes on my team! I always play with ex mexican pros and stuff all the time! Even against an Argie natl team player!

10. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    I've played against EPL players that I don't remember their names, and a pro-Jamaican goalie

11. aragrev

aragrev New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Ivan Polic, hey thats my sons ex youth coach, we still talk to him sometimes. Great guy, good player. Watched him in a few games against other trainers and in futsal.

12. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    I scored on the Jamaican goalie. Pretty cool, but I forgot to mention it.

13. OUFC4EVER

OUFC4EVER New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Yeovil,somerset
    I played with a prem player JON ASHTON

14. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas

what the hell man i saw you post in another thread you play on a u-14 team......now either youre lying or epl is some pre teen league

15. socerdoug

socerdoug BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 8, 2004
    hood of florida
    i played with ronaldinho 2 or 3 times ...i school him everytime...

16. socca_playa

socca_playa New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    LOL thread is full of BS, unless your just being sarcastic

And is the Jamaican goalie you guys are talking about Hubert Busby Jr??

17. dela

dela New Member

May 14, 2004
    on the right flank
    The Men's Amatuer League I play in is made up of guys who are just coming from the end of their Pro careers or young talented guys who are just graduating their D1 College Teams and choosing regular careers rather than playing Pro soccer. So to answer your question, yes, I play with pros or guys good enough to be pros. The only difference I see in them versus someone like myself is their fitness level. Obviously they've had a much more demanding training regiment... which, in turn, obviously makes them much better players.

18. CMI 5

CMI 5 New Member

Jan 26, 2005
    soccer doug, you are the worst lier i have even heard of

19. CMI 5

CMI 5 New Member

Jan 26, 2005
    soccer doug, you are the worst lier i have even heard of

20. eplkewell

eplkewell Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I was at my local field today and a bounch of foreign guys who smelled like beer and cigarettes challenged us to a game. Based on that information, I assumed it was the DC United soccer team and accepted their challenge. They beat us (me and some other high school kids) 4-3, so I think I may have been wrong. We would have beaten DC.

21. hattrick_hero7

hattrick_hero7 New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    I will be practicing with some pdl guys a few times a week. im on the jr. team for the toledo slayers. www.toledoslayers.com (check the cite out its pretty cool) they have a few guys that are outstanding ali lukanga(sp?) he goes to school in my town and plays for tiffin University, he is from uganda. he basicaly taught me how to play, a few weeks ago he tried for the crew im not to sure how he did though. kenny something also from the slayers. ronald mugabi is from tiffin u. also from uganda he is going to play professionaly in spain somewhere. he is a close friend of mine.

a coach i had a few years ago played on his national team (i cant remember what country) but he said he stole the ball from pele in friendly internatoinal match.. i played against him in practice alot

bobo bokli is a pro from the congo he is one of my club coaches. he is Amazing.

at a team camp for highschool i played against. jimmy walker a former liverpool bench warmer. (amazing) ivan something or other he played for manchester united in his youth. and there where some other guys but i cant rememebr.

and this exchange student who lives with me said that every summer inter milan goes to his village in the mountains and trains, he lives in isalacha (sp?) his older brothers club trains with them every summer. and something else cool about fabio is his dad owns part of the sky lodge where the 2005 ski worldcup was held. in a town nearby called bormio. i got a free 300 dollar snow suite.. i loved it.

22. dela

dela New Member

May 14, 2004
    on the right flank
    :eek: :D :D :D

23. Mr. Knowledge

Mr. Knowledge New Member

May 10, 2001
    Baltimore
    i have had the privilege to play against some quality players throught out the years including:

Claudio Reyna
    Clint Mathis
    Josh Wolf
    Ryan Nelson
    Peter Villegas

as a descent youth player on a descent club team from new jersey i played against quite a few what would be pros (as we made it to regionals and played clubs that were littered with future pros). i also played against some pros in both in high school and college.

High School
    i attended a private school in NJ that fielded a very solid soccer team, but we would get absolutely whooped every year by St.Benedicts of Newark.

In 1990 (wow 15yrs ago...i'm getting old) my freshman year, we lost 2-0 to the Claudio Reyna, (a senior at the time) led St. Benedicts team. He was a man among boys. St. Benedicts has won numerous state championships and national championships but that 1990 team was probably their best team ever. I think 9 of the players went to play at Rutgers or ACC schools (remember this is before MLS) and the rest of the players went back to Bolivia as many were from the Taiuchi (sp?) academy.

After Claudio graduated and went on to UVa, a midfielder by the name of Peter Villegas picked up the torch for St. Benedicts. Pete went on to play for the Metrostars as an outside winger. He had great pace and touch.

College
    I played my college ball at Emory University in Atlanta, GA. Although Emory is Division III, we had a very strong program. One of our big rivals in the south region was Greensboro College from NC. For their first two years they were led by Ryan Nelson (of DC Utd and now Blackburn) before he transferred to play with Bobby Clark at Stanford. Our Emory team was solid as we had 3 players that would eventually be drafted by the Atlanta Silverbacks, including an All-American fwd. Nelly shut us down. He totally controlled the match, made fierce tackles and had tremendous composure.

Also, although Emory is Div. III, our coach would schedule a very strong spring season (the Fall is the main season). Included in that schedule was South Carolina. They came down to our pitch, and we played the game of our lives. It was 0-0 for 80 minutes, and we created some beautiful chances, but we eventually gave up a goal and then a late PK and lost 2-0. I was playing marking back this day and had the opportunity to cover BOTH Josh Wolf and Clint Mathis. (not a bad pair of fwds for a college team huh?) Wolfie did not stop running for 90 minutes. He would constantly make diagnal runs and check to the ball only to lay it off after it was played to him, and the moment I gave him a little bit of space, he would turn and come at me. Clint was not too far removed from a knee surgery and was wearing knee brace. Nonetheless, although he wasn't as active off the ball, when he got the ball he went right at people and he hit a few bombs from about 30yrs out that fortunately either went over or went wide. He scored the first goal in the 80th minute which was a bomb.

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. I miss those days. I like to think I held my own against those guys.

24. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj
    I had a chat buddy from England who said he played like 5 pick up games with Wayne Rooney. He said he was an awesome player at 14, he said this was beceause he had excellent strenth, technique and persistence. Another thing he said was that he was like 5'0''(5 feet) when he was 14 so he would break one defender and get pushed away for the ball, this angered him greatly he would either curse like a madman or retaliate by defending in violence. So what he would do is that he would break and pass very quickly. He also saw that he was destined for greatness. He also tells me that it is hilarious when he sees his temper on tv like in an England or a man u game.

25. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj
    Dude tell me more, where, when, how? How good were they for their age. What were their good points? What did they play like and what were their best skills?