Have I been gone so long that...

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by HeadHunter, Nov 17, 2014.

1. HeadHunter

HeadHunter Member

May 28, 2003
    I've been outside the US since 08 and so maybe I've missed a lot but is there some beef with the eagles that has occurred since I left?

backstory to the question: I live in London and generally travel to US matches whenever they are over in Europe - I try and keep up with United to the best I can, generally reading the post and these forums and watching games or highlight packages. Was a barra supporter for years before I moved over. So I'm here in Dublin heading back to my hotel after drinking with the official pre-game stuff and further post event drinking. I walk past a couple folks in US jerseys and one in a DCU jersey to which I give a friendly wave/fist bump and say DVU awesome - go barra-brava. The response to which is f that and f u were screaming eagles and have nothing to do with those clowns. Thus my question, has some beef arisen that I've missed in my time away or just some old dude being and a$$?

2. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At various times over the decades, there have been various relatively small gripes between the leaders of both organizations that have generally been sorted out eventually. But some big massive beef whereby the Eagles and all their members just flat-out don't like the Barra and all their members? Nope. But both organizations are full of individuals, and those individuals have their own opinions/feelings/whatever.

3. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez, you'd think you'd just be happy to see a fellow DCU supporter in a foreign land and leave petty imagined beefs alone in that type of situation.

I apologize for my fellow Eagles' massive rudeness to you, sir.

4. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I think the SEs and BB have been getting along better than ever. One of the biggest irritants was BB people standing in the SE section. Now that the SEs have gone to general admission, too, that does not seem to be much of an issue. And in lot 8, the construction has squeezed the 2 tailgates closer together so there is more friendly mingling before the game. Also, more and more people are becoming members of both groups (like me!).

The lingering beef is between BB and DU. That shit blew up on Facebook before I ever had a FB account, so I won't attempt to explain the root cause of it. Pretty much anyone who shows up to support the home team is OK with me. Just keep the damn flags down when the ball is in play. :cool:

5. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    There's also quite abit of rancor against DCU management. Something about how the club wants to sell tickets directly to members of the supporter groups. Most of this is towards management but some of it spills over between members.

However, with the recent tragedy within the SE community, we're all united in grief and support for the rest of the family.