#HauptmanOut

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by burningfire, Aug 7, 2013.

1. moleman

moleman Member

Jan 7, 2017
    This team stinks, and it’s all your fault, hauptman.

I have zero confidence in anything improving as long as hauptman is at the helm.

xtomx and firefan2001 repped this.
  2. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I have zero confidence in anything improving as long as Rodriguez is at the helm.

moleman repped this.
  3. moleman

moleman Member

Jan 7, 2017
    As much as I dislike nimrod’s lousy attitude and doublespeak, he’s just a useful idiot for hauptman. nimrod talks a bunch about “process” and finding the “right pieces” to build a winning team, while hauptman knows that it’s a bunch of nonsense. hauptman views this team as nothing more than an appreciating asset as OTHER teams and their owners make it worth something based only on its relationship to them and their teams’ efforts. It’s the “free rider effect” in full effect. We can only hope that hauptman’s overall ROI target is close to being realized and that he cashes out on this “investment” of his entirely. In short...

hauptman OUT!!!

Mikebsiu, LIZZIE and HerthaBerwyn repped this.
  4. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You're correct, to a large extent.
    A pox on both of them.
    And Paunovic.
    Dan Kelly, too. Just because he sucks so much.

skinut and bunge repped this.
  5. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But we had one of the highest payrolls in the league.;)

6. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    FYP

firefan2001 repped this.
  7. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I was being sarcastic, plus all the funny money we had. If it wasn't for the league sponsors and all the funny money we probably wouldn't of got to the max budget cap.

I love how Garber keeps saying how we are big spenders.

Mikebsiu repped this.
  8. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

xtomx repped this.
  9. Mikebsiu

Mikebsiu Member+

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Hauptman is no dummy. The guy just has to sit back, make minimal investments and as long as the mls grows he makes money.

LIZZIE repped this.
  10. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    All the testosterone from the Bears/Rams game is going to make Urlacher's hair fall out again.

GHjelm and bunge repped this.
  11. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Oh, no, he IS a dummy, but even (only?) a dummy could figure this one out.

If he was "no dummy," he would invest like Seattle, Atlanta, LAG, LAFC, NYCFC, NYRB, etc., and see his "investment" grow even faster.

Oh, man, the other owner/investors must hate his friggin' guts.
    Third biggest market in America, one the first SSS (remember when that was a "thing"?), great foundation upon which to grow, success for the first 10 years, one of the "prize" MLS franchises, etc.

He pissed it all away for a "passive investment," watching MLS grow and prosper, as he clings on like that last bit of snot after one sneezes.

HerthaBerwyn and wolvesfirehope repped this.
  12. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But he is a soulless jackass.

13. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

https://apple.news/A2yF2gn7cSuC7ZcsDluefMw

“At every level, Atlanta committed to soccer. The owner is willing to spend money to better the team rather than use it solely as passive income, the front office is actively trying to help grassroots organizations make the game accessible, the manager injected the ideas and the courage into the team necessary to play an entertaining brand of soccer, and the talented players competed with swagger. Not to mention the huge roster of celebrities and musicians who embraced soccer in the city as if it was the most natural connection.”

HerthaBerwyn repped this.
  14. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The gulf between the top tier MLS clubs like Atlanta, Seattle and Toronto is massive. Even clubs like RBNY and LA Galaxy aren't quite matching those 3 across the board. The Fire? Ha, they are an afterthought in every category.

We are in no position to compete for championships anytime in the future. In a best case scenario, we will quietly put together a competent season and make the playoffs. That is all. Even clubs like NYCFC and Red Bull can't compete with what Atlanta has created. I'm jealous of virtually every other MLS team. Maybe only New England, Colorado, Columbus and Philadelphia are in the same general vicinity of suckitude (on-field results/management/stadium/city engagement). Thanks for nothing Hauptman.

16. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might have to take Columbus off that list, new billionaire owner and new stadium in the city. That is if they follow Mr. Blanks blueprint, not Mr. Krafft. The sad thing is I believe New England could easily average 25k+, only if their owner cared about the team. I think all he cares about is filling dates at the stadium.

As for us unless Joe steps in and starts doing something we will continue to be closer to the bottom than the top.

17. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has Hauptman sold his 51% yet?

bunge, skinut and xtomx repped this.
  18. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't you heard the crickets?

19. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Other than the celebrities, this is exactly what the Fire did in its first few years of existence.

This is EXACTLY the opposite of the Chicago Fire currently.

1) Passive income-Hauptman is exclusively trying to do that and has made this priority No. 1 since September, 2007.
    2) Front Office-not only NOT trying to help grassroots organizations, but Rodriguez has done everything he can to alienate the fan base and drive fans away. (this is the single most bizarre aspects of the destruction of the Fire). The main "grass roots" effort by the Fire is a private, for-profit soccer maggot with fake grass and a crappy bar.
    3) Manager-no ideas at all, avoids "entertaining brand of soccer" by playing our best player/best attacking player/most marketable assets at central defense, failing completely to sign an attacking midfielder, ignoring any attacking wing play (selling off our only speedy wing player before last season), demoralizing and destroying the defense, etc..
    4) Talented players-The Fire have signed three talented players in the past two years- Bastian, Nikolic and Katai. One is used exclusively out of position, one needs an attacker to get him the ball and the third is pissed all over by the manager and announcers at every opportunity.
    5. Huge roster of celebrities and musicians- The Fire can barely get a mention on the evening news, much less any "celebrity" interest in the team.

LIZZIE, bunge, HerthaBerwyn and 3 others repped this.
  20. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree. I still can't reconcile why, when pressed on the Sector Latino issue, he said (and I'm paraphrasing) that all fans of the Chicago Fire should reconsider their level of support for the team and how emotionally invested they want to be.

Seriously? Ok Mr. Rodriguez. I've reconsidered and decided that you're right. I don't want to be associated with this train wreck any longer. Good luck without fans.

LIZZIE, bunge, SixKick and 1 other person repped this.
  21. Martininho

Martininho Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No fundamental disagreement with any of the above.

A somewhat minor point on #1 is passive asset appreciation ("Asset" being the exclusivity to the Chicago market for MLS, rather than passive income. The lack of investment across the board likely leads to the team being run at a loss, but minimized wherever possible by cost-cutting, not revenue generation.

The Asset, however, continues to increase in value as tremendous increase in the price of "buy-in" is, and clearly has been, Hauptman's SOLE concern, based on actions...any words to the contrary are meaningless. The bizarre statements that come out of the mouth of Rodriguez, simply reflect a top-down management that is both incompetent, and then, too dysfunctional to recognize its own incompetence.

Hence, the only positives come from the doomed, but loyal few that ARE both competent and passionate about the club and haven't moved on to greener pastures for any number of valid reasons of their own (local roots, etc.). The remainder are either revolving door (youngsters early in their career, apathetic or discouraged folk collecting a paycheck, etc.). All are treated as disposable or scapegoats. Rodriguez is also likely locked in, due to his demonstrable incompetence and refusal to accept accountability in any meaningful way (again, actions, not words).

My only hope is that our 49% owner will eventually take over the majority interest, hopefully after a settlement agreement is reached in the California divorce courts, and a follow-up negotiated buyout of those interests...heavily discounted by the cost of cleaning up the toxic waste dump that Hauptmann created.

22. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    My new ticket rep asked when he could talk to me about renewing. After some amusing back and forth, I let him know to call me when Hauptman sells another 1.1%.

moleman and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  23. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Those are some good people. I feel horrible for them.

bunge repped this.
  24. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    They have run through at least 4 season ticket reps for me in the past three seasons.
    It is a revolving door and the job probably sucks pretty bad at the moment.

Old Man! and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  25. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As I said, they're good people. A lot of them have been leaving to find better jobs recently.