#HauptmanOut

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by burningfire, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Fighting Illini

Fighting Illini Member+

Feb 6, 2014
    Chicago
    They don't give a crap about us either.

bunge and xtomx repped this.
  2. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

Agreed.
    Families, school outings, youth soccer teams (those parents will pony up the money for tickets) and any corporations they can trick into buying a luxury suite are all they really care about anymore.

-If they cared about soccer fans, they would have a complete team.

-If they cared about the long time STH, they would not treat us like crap (I have to contact my season ticket rep to 'release' a parking voucher, a voucher I have paid for and for which they have my money?!? I have turn it a ticket at least three days in advance and then only for certain games? I have to print my own tickets? No decent STH premiums?)

-If they cared about casual viewers, they would not have the games on ESPN+/-x=

-If they cared about the craft drinking set, they would have decent beer and not crap beer at exorbitant prices (I went to six stands and only saw Heineken/H Light, Coors Light, Miller Lite (sic), and a couple of Mexican beers-Modelo and something else).

bunge, Martininho, LIZZIE and 3 others repped this.
  3. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Modelo is the choice from among that sad lot. Its oddly expensive in package stores.

Fighting Illini repped this.
  4. Fighting Illini

Fighting Illini Member+

Feb 6, 2014
    Chicago
    I'm not sure they care about them either.

Hauptman has a monopoly interest in the Chicago market for a league that is growing rapidly and has a stake in SUM which is also a cash cow. He doesn't have to try.

And as an added bonus, the worse the situation gets, the better shot he has at getting out of the Bridgeview lease, which would double the sell-on value of the franchise overnight.

He's Rachel Phelps from Major League. This guy here is dead!

LIZZIE, Mikebsiu and xtomx repped this.
  5. moleman

moleman Member

Jan 7, 2017
    Fixed this for you.

Mikebsiu repped this.
  6. Mikebsiu

Mikebsiu Member+

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    ^this. He only has to do the bare minimum and invest the bare minimum. When he sells in 10-20 years he’ll make a huge profit by doing absolutely nothing.

HerthaBerwyn, Fighting Illini and xtomx repped this.
  7. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh god I'm remembering the one summer it was super hot and i drank fosters and wanted to barf my brains out. And it was probably the only drink I had. Anyone remember when that was?

8. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It has been over 10 years, time to cash in on that investment, Andrew!

bunge repped this.
  9. Martininho

Martininho Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You forgot Groupon, et al, so the STHs can sit beside poseurs who paid 20% less and got free parking, so that attendance numbers can be fudged...an additional 25%

thetomg, bunge and xtomx repped this.
  10. Martininho

Martininho Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, and #HauptmanOut

xtomx repped this.
  11. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    They does not "care" about them at all, but I agree that it does show how little the team cares for the STH and the other fans.

12. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    The front office management might be more accurate.

13. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Of course, that was the "team" I was referring to in my post.
    Thanks for the catch.

14. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read today that Oprah is interested in investing in Swansea City. Someone should tell her to buy the Fire.

#OprahIn
    #HauptmanOut

LIZZIE, Jiggly_333, GHjelm and 1 other person repped this.
  15. Mac97

Mac97 Member+

Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm picturing Dema and CJ discussing positive intention with Oprah, in wicker chairs on an Olmstedian lawn on "Super Soul Sunday".

#HarumphmanOut

GHjelm repped this.
  16. Both the club (Swansea) and the franchise (Fire) are probably "valued" the same. One is a marginal EPL operation and one is a marginal MLS operation.

17. Throw Sega in there and you tres malo hombres.

18. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This would be awesome. Right up there with that short lived cooking show starring Snoop Dogg and Martha Stewart.

19. Mikebsiu

Mikebsiu Member+

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    So it’s very easy to say, “Hauptman out”, but what are you doing about it? I implore you to do things that affect him and his pocket book. I know a lot of people are not renewing season tickets, and that’s a great start. Don’t buy merchandise from the store, buy from S8c or amazon. Don’t buy concessions from the stadium! I’m pissed, but this clown Hauptman needs to go. By boycotting things hopefully we can bring his demise sooner than later. Actions speak louder than words.

#10 Jersey, moleman and bunge repped this.
  20. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been doing this since the end of 2010 season, he's not going anywhere unless the league steps in and does something.

#HauptmanOut

skinut, Martininho and Mikebsiu repped this.
  21. Martininho

Martininho Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw this garbage on ESPN site:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/major-le...-talent-balance-football-dreams-and-academics

Below is the comment that I posted:

A more honest and researched article would take into account that the Chicago Fire is owned by a vulture capitalist, Andrew Hauptman, Indeed, Hauptman's money is provided by his father-in-law, so sonny-in-law doesn't even control the purse strings. Hauptman is holding the territory hostage so that his investment grows in value, funded by the efforts of other owners and markets that are lifting the value of the Fire. Hauptman maximizes his personal gain by spending the absolute minimum. He even caused the Fire's previously excellent youth program to be disbanded.

So, if you're a youth player in Chicago, your best hope is to look outside the U.S. if you have legitimate pro potential beyond MLS. If your aspirations and abilities are more suited to MLS level, your next best move is to relocate to a different area where you can play in the development teams for a club that actually invests in its youth (Dallas, Seattle immediately come to mind, doubtless there are others).

Otherwise, you are best advised to take the colllege [sic] route. Investing in a potential pro career with the Fire will ruin your development, as has been discovered by many otherwise promising youth players. Avoid Hauptman's travesty like the plague.
    ----
    #HauptmanOut

moleman, Mikebsiu, bunge and 1 other person repped this.
  22. moleman

moleman Member

Jan 7, 2017
    Almost off the first page. Can’t allow that to happen.

hauptman OUT!

scottw1055, xtomx, skinut and 1 other person repped this.
  23. Martininho

Martininho Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you. I was prepping to scold the lot of you for allowing a scumbag LAFC supporter-at-large to have the last word for nearly a week.

Shemonyas (in his best Michaeleen O'Flynn voice).

24. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #HauptmanOut!

25. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    Yeah, I tried making this same argument on these boards ~5 or so years ago. Suffice it to say that the section 8 types didn't like it.

I think you'd be on the right track, but I think this team and this league may be too far gone. That said, if you're still a true believer, keep fighting the good fight.