Hattrick thread XXIV: I couldn't repair your brakes...

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Goodsport, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just won a game against a fellow BSer I probably shouldn't have. Beat Riverhawks 3-2. Over 40 hatstats difference between him and me. Was without my top two IMs due to injury and suspension. Played the press and some how pulled off the win.

Sorry man. :)

2. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    kuhnscoot has become known as the "special one" in III.6, I was totally outmanaged in a shock 2-3 home loss...I continue to hate this game, but I'm a HT addict that can never let go...

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm fantastic.

[​IMG]

Be Champions!

4. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Passing training really starting to pay dividends. Buying up lower (roughly poor) passers and training them mostly up to formid range, getting anywhere from 2x to almost 6x their original worth. Add that up over 14 trainees and I have more cash then I know what to do with.

5. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a suicide Cup Run is in LSD's future. :D

6. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Supporter is up in 2 months! Hmm...

7. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what age to what age are you training them? 17-19? What are the secondaries like when you buy them?

8. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    At first, i started with wingers/PM's/forwards with their main skill around 11-12 and their passing weak or less. Most of them were 20-22yo. Though, with the changes in training older players (23-24) still pop really quick at lower levels. Initially I had to demote into IV so players w/ those level skills could compete, and sold off all my higher level players to get enough money to buy 14 trainees.

Once their passing gets to excel/formid they start to pop real slow, but until that point just about any age they pop from 4-7 weeks.

Now that I've turned them all over for a good profit starting to get higher levels players, say 13-15 in their main skills, still low in passing, ages 22-23 mostly.

This guy I bought, IIRC, at 23yo, and you can see he still popped quick:

7/18/2008 36 / 5 Training hard and no fooling around with his team-mates helped improve his passing skill from solid to excellent.
    5/23/2008 35 / 13 Training hard and no fooling around with his team-mates helped improve his passing skill from passable to solid.
    4/11/2008 35 / 7 His training efforts showed good results as his passing abilities increased from inadequate to passable.
    3/7/2008 35 / 2 Increased his passing skill from weak to inadequate.

9. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok.

10. petersonderby

petersonderby New Member

Jul 8, 2008
  11. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Can someone please tell me how the stars work. How come some are half yellow only or half yellow and half shaded or half shaded only. I know a full yellow star is good but im confused with the rest. thank you

12. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the half shaded half not is because they started taking stamina into greater account so as the player gets tired he loses some effectiveness but, and someone will surely correct me if i'm wrong, his overall impact on the match would have been all the stars that you see if he had better stamina.

oh and it it is a solid half yellow star that is just the rating he got, didn't merit a full star but better than the last whole star...just another way of describing his hatstat rating without it being a number

13. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Is anyone available for a friendly, asap?

EDIT: I'm good now.

14. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just picked up my 3rd GK injury this season.

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry bout that...

16. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You wouldn't happen to be training keeper, would you?

17. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, +3, +3 and a +6.

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Over half way through my first ever season in III, I'm on top of my series with a 7-0-1 record, 21 points, 4 points clear of 2nd place. :)

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, now I'm not sorry about it. 3 injuries to my guys this week.

20. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    u going to be able to beat aventura?...3 pts there and the div title is looking good. I'll PIC and play all my reserves against you in a few wks in xchange for some old miklos molnar memorabilia if you have any....

21. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I can, I'm coming off my two pics, and none of the guys injured were starters for my first team.

LOL, if I had any, I'd likely not even consider it, Miklos is a legend.

22. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Some how after 9 games I'm in 3rd place and only 5 points away from the league leader. I think I'll go for the juggular for the rest of the season to see what happens.

23. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So from the sneak peak they posted of the new lay out, I think I'm really going to like it, it looks good.

24. Milaniac

Milaniac Member

May 12, 2007
    I think I'm about to switch from defending training to playmaking. I heard it is really hard for a newbie doing defending training in the lowest division to win the division.

So whats the best way to change? I'll obviously have to sell my defenders and buy new playmakers. Atleast most of my defenders have popped once from when I bought them.

25. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm actually playing through this problem right now, although the jury is out on the long term benefits. First season I trained passing in an effort to boost my possession and I finished mid table, second season it was playmaking and although I did finish third, there was almost nothing between first and third at all. This season I'm trying defending and I'm back to mid table. Could have something to do with the fact that my division foes have bought some players while I've been relatively inactive in the market, but I can't help suspecting that I need to get back to playmaking.