Has anyone had their tickets re-sold through FIFA's portal?

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by sockaplayr, Apr 28, 2014.

1. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    i think it means if you put up england - uruguay and greece - colombia up for resale and lets say you sell the first one within a day while the second game is still up there you will only get the refund processed after that game is sold too. maybe it could mean also that if you collect tickets you will only get the refund processed once you picked the ticket up and you can't just put them up for resale wirhout the sebding in etc but idk.

my cat 3 germany - ghana took like 17 days to resell (was resold the day the recent dump that had a queue happened between 2 and 7 hours after the queue opened)

2. honkifulovemls

Sep 5, 2001
    NY/MA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My account has stated "Refund Pending" for over a month. I only purchased and am only reselling 1 ticket. However, the feature to recall the sale is no longer available to me, so I presume the ticket has sold (even though I have yet to receive a refund)?

3. The Beh

The Beh New Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Thanks Jupal. I guess we'll wait and see what happens.

On a more important note, I am seriously confused about the resell process for TST-4 and above tickets:

1 - I assume that when we pick-up our tickets in Brazil, it will only be for the 1st round tickets, correct?

2 - Even if you release 2nd round TST's today, they won't go on the portal until all the teams have qualified, correct?

3 - You have up to 72 hours before a game to release those for resale, but how long do they stay on (i.e. how long before a game will they pull them off the portal)?

4 - When will the 2nd round tickets on a TST-4 and above be available for pick-up (i.e. how long after the last group games)?

5 - Can the guests pick-up their tickets and the main applicant release their for resale?

4. BH Zmaj DC

BH Zmaj DC New Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    where do you send the tickets? I have my paper tickets and need to send them back but I have no idea where. And is there a form I'm supposed to fill out? FIFA's website is the biggest, most confusing cluster I've ever had to deal with.

5. tRucHo-

tRucHo- Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Took about a month to get my refund for 1 ticket I resold they fifa. But my spot didn't clear up? I'm full at 7 should be at 6 with the refund. Anybody else have this issue?

6. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    yes they don't seem to clear returned tickets form account.

7. tRucHo-

tRucHo- Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Did you try to contact FIFA? I'm going to try

8. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    no I didn't. I got my other tickets in my brother's account

9. Ppaes

Ppaes Member

Jun 22, 2014
    Put a ticket for resalle on fifa site... how do i know if it was sold?

10. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    go to re-sale page and it should say "refund Pending"

11. Ppaes

Ppaes Member

Jun 22, 2014
    "potential refund value"

Game is sold out on fifa's page. Is there a minimum time for update?

12. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    this is in my account:

44 - SAL - Bosnia-Herzegovina v Iran Category: Category 3 Date: 25th June 1:00 PMAmount paid: 180.00 USD
    NameStatusPotential Refund Value

REFUND PENDING81.00 USD

REFUND PENDING81.00 USD

not sure how long it takes to change to this once re-sold

13. Ppaes

Ppaes Member

Jun 22, 2014
    Match still sold out but no refund avaible yet... is that normal to take that long or in reality the game isnt sold out and fifa is just holding hundreds of unsold tickets? o_O

14. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    refund normally takes a month. Give it a few days to see update in system i think

15. Ppaes

Ppaes Member

Jun 22, 2014
    I wont mind the refund to take a while, my main concern is if the ticket is being sold or not... because match day very close (29). Thats kinda scary.

Btw, only refund option is with a bank account? Can't they refund to your credit card?

16. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    mine will come back to my card as that's what i bought with

17. Sumukh Divakara

Sumukh Divakara New Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hi all,

I resold my tickets back to FIFA for Match 58 - RIO - France v Germany as I couldn't travel. Unfortunately, I had to close the credit card I had used to make the payment initially when I bought the ticket. The current status on my ticketing account says REFUND PENDING but they can't refund it to my original credit card as the account is closed. I was notified of this by FIFA and was asked to give my Bank account details:

"Unfortunately, we have been unable to issue your Ticket Resale proceeds as your payment card that you used to make the initial Ticket purchase has expired. Could you please provide us with your bank details in order to refund.

Could you please fill in the banks details as listed below:

Bank Account Name

IBAN NUMBER

SWIFT CODE

Bank Name

Bank Address

Please note that we are not able to attempt any further refund attempts to the original payment card, nor to an alternative payment card. You are responsible for providing your bank account information as quickly as possible in order to avoid further delays in receiving your Ticket resale refund. "

The email I got was from a no_reply email ID and when I go to "My Bank" page in my ticketing account, the only 2 fields I see are IBAN number and SWIFT code. US banks don't participate in IBAN and the SWIFT code is for a bank and not a branch or a particular account in the bank. So, I am not able to enter any of the details they have asked for. I don't even know who I should send these details (if any specific email address or a mailing address). I have tried contacting them via their website by posting multiple questions but I never get a good reply. All they tell me is to update the 'My Bank' page. I tried calling them couple of times to the Switzerland number and I always end up getting an automated reply which is of no help.

Has any one else gone through the same scenario and was actually able to get the refund? Any help would be greatly appreciated.