Has anyone had their tickets re-sold through FIFA's portal?

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by sockaplayr, Apr 28, 2014.

1. sockaplayr

sockaplayr Member

Nov 11, 2013
    I noticed a lot of matches are sold out but people on here have stated that they're still waiting for FIFA to re-sell their tickets for a particular match.

Has anyone here had success with FIFA already reselling their ticket?

2. TRUEAGGIE

TRUEAGGIE Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I put my Ghana/USA tickets up for sale on the portal yesterday and it's already showing refund pending. Before that, I was seeing the option to pull them back out of resale which is no longer available.

3. ccvargas89

ccvargas89 Member

Feb 24, 2014
    hamilton, Ontario
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They take a while to actually be up there. I put up mine for resell almost 2 weeks ago, for colombia vs ivory coast, and just now i am seeing refund pending

4. Alexjbaum

Alexjbaum Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Orlando, fl
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I posted a single category 3 usa/Ghana ticket today and 15 min later it said refund pending. On my other account I posted a wheel chair usa/Ghana ticket last week and it still gives me the option to recover it....even though it says wheel chair tickets are sold out. So no idea what their rhyme or reason is

5. Daniel Knickelbein

Feb 24, 2014
    My single ticket to USA-Portugal has been listed as "ticket to resell" since I listed it on April 16, finally this morning with the ticket wave release it is now listed as "refund pending." I'm guessing it will be several weeks though until I actually see the refund.

6. npweyand

npweyand Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Townsville
    Club:
    Central Coast Mariners
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I am the same, I have put two of my match tickets to 1E vs 2F almost 2 weeks ago and still have the option to recover my ticket. I would have thought the resale process would be almost instantaneous but I guess they aren't that organised.. big shock there...

7. Bukester

Bukester Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Same experience for me with my US-Ghana tickets. It would appear FIFA is waiting until they sell every last one of their reserve tickets before listing anyone's resale tickets.

8. soonerstorms

soonerstorms New Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My match 53 (1E vs 2F) just switched to sale pending. I listed them the first day available for resale.

9. Flipmode2000

Flipmode2000 Member

Feb 28, 2012
    USA -Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    My tickets say printed on the website .. does that mean I could no longer resell ?

10. El_Bulla

El_Bulla Member

Jan 21, 2007
    You will have to mail the tickets to Manchester or Rio de Janeiro once you receive them in order to make them available for resell.

11. Flipmode2000

Flipmode2000 Member

Feb 28, 2012
    USA -Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Was there a deadline or something that I missed ?

12. John GUtke

John GUtke Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Colombia
    Apr 3, 2014
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    No, that's just how you have to do it if you chose to have them mailed. Your ability to request a resale did not start until after the delivery method was locked in, so returning the physical tickets is your only choice at this point if you want to resale. Much easier to resale them if you are picking them up.

13. Flipmode2000

Flipmode2000 Member

Feb 28, 2012
    USA -Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thanks... !!

14. John GUtke

John GUtke Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Colombia
    Apr 3, 2014
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    No problem. I'm in the same boat as you - I want to list my Germany-Ghana tickets for resale but it has them locked in for delivery (even though they haven't even been mailed). I wish they would have given an option to change the pick up method before the re-sale phase began, but oh well. So it goes with FIFA.....

15. Raul_Fearce

Raul_Fearce Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Has anyone read anywhere about taking the tickets (that are being printed) with you and reselling them at the ticket office in Rio. I wonder if this is possible rather than having to send them in.

16. tkgunn

tkgunn Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NJ
    Does "refund pending" mean the ticket is waiting to be sold, has been sold and they are in the process of issuing the refund or has been sold and there is a problem issuing the refund?

ccvargas89 repped this.
  17. tRucHo-

tRucHo- Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I believe the ticket has sold and just need to wait till you get credited back. Also i believe the button to retract your ticket from resell is gone. Only thing I'm wondering is how long to clear and does your ticket match count clear up 1 space when it goes thru.

18. npweyand

npweyand Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Townsville
    Club:
    Central Coast Mariners
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yeah I was wondering this also because the match I have returned is still in my ticket delivery/selection area. Maybe it will clear the resold match from your attending matches once the transaction is through?

19. tRucHo-

tRucHo- Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    your refund hasn't gone thru? how long have you been waiting for. i need to get cleared asap since I've got my 7

20. npweyand

npweyand Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Townsville
    Club:
    Central Coast Mariners
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Not that I know of, I will check again this afternoon. I only noted that it was "pending refund" 3 days ago so I have no idea how long it will take. I will keep you posted on how long it takes.

21. Stefan79

Stefan79 Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes that's possible! But no later then three days before the match you want to sell. If they sell the ticket (which they probably change in a virtual ticket in the platform to be picked up) you get money back (minus 10%).

22. Greenyboy

Greenyboy Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    My brother put our match 53 tickets up on 15th April. Got the refund pending message yesterday. Took a while but got there in the end.

23. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    refund pending on one of the two matches i returned. Bosnia/Iran still sat there unsurprisingly :)

24. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Anyone have Ticket to Resell showing with no recover option????? That has happened to me.

25. OMARamadrid87

OMARamadrid87 New Member

Apr 25, 2014
    i put up my france vs Switzerland ticket up for resell yesterday today I checked and it says refund pending. does this means it was sold??anyone gotten their refund from fifa yet? im wondering how long it will take to get my money back.