Has anyone else bought A-ha's new album ?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Doctor Stamen, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    I have it, and it is one of the most beautiful albums I have. It's more grown up than the 80's stuff they're best known for. i love it, in fact I'm listening to it now.

2. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought April fool's day was in April. Are you serious?

3. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Yes I am. It is a lot different to the likes of Take on me. And Morten Harket has not aged a day from then.

4. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    A-ha still exists?

I agree they got a bad rap because of "take on me" or whatever was fluffy and their next few darker albums were punished for being made by A-ha but I'm amazed these guys stuck with it. They got perserverence, I'll say that for 'em.

5. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Which album is this? The one with Summer Moved On on it? I love one song off that album, but I don't know what it's called. The video has them waking up in a morgue. Awesome video, awesome song. Help me out Doc, what's it called? Anyway, I like A-Ha. You're missing out North America.

FWIW I was under the impression that they'd gotten back together, as opposed to being still together. They were pretty huge in Europe a couple of years ago.

6. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    It's called Lifelines, and it was released this year. I was pleased with it considering I bought it on the spur of the moment.

7. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Thanks. What's the song called though - the one where they're in the morgue surrounded by beautiful women? The melody goes: "Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah...ah-ah-ah-ah". You know the song I'm talking about?

8. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Sorry, my Phonetic music skills are non-existent :). Do you remember any of the words, or when the song was around ?.

9. Scoey

Scoey Member

Oct 1, 1999
    Portland
    A-ha is awesome, but I thought they broke up? I have the first album post Sun Always Shines on TV. Its great. I'll definitely check this out -- thanks!

10. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Well, the song I'm talking about was off the album that also had "Summer Moved On" on it - this is about two or three years ago, I'd say. I can't remember any of the words, since the chorus doesn't have any. It just goes "Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah...ah-ah-ah-ah".

If "Lifelines" only came out this year, then they definitely have more than one new album.

UPDATE: Okay, I just checked. The album that came out a couple of years ago was called "Minor Earth, Major Sky" and it was a huge hit in Europe - number one in Germany I believe and many other countries. So the song I'm talking about is on that album. But I still don't know what it's called.

11. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Yeahhh! I figured it out: It's called "Velvet", it's off of "Minor Earth, Major Sky" and I'm stealing it off the Internet at this very moment!

12. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    I'm still waiting for Kajagoogoo's new album to hit the racks...

13. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    FYI, The Men at Work reunion tour kicks off Jan 03 in Adeliade.

Last I heard out of A-ha was at the opening ceremonies for the 94 winter games in Lillehammer, and they were doing a bunch of live performances for the opener because what other globally famous Norwegian pop stars were there to do them? (Don't start...I said globally famous). I heard- at the time- that they were basically broken up but that they were sticking it out for the Olympics just to give the country a lift, and that after the Olys were over they would quit the band.

14. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    It's a set-up! Don't answer!