Harvey Weinstein

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by stanger, Oct 10, 2017.

1. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Funny, not really, how the media operate.
    It was hinted, it was joked about, it was talked about, there were pay offs, it was f*uking known!
    It's just Harvey wanking the dressing on your salad!

Now, suddenly the in crowd are scattering and the frenzy begins.

image.jpg

A light relief for the Trump.

2. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Are you seriously suggesting that Hilary is NOT corrupt ??

3. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His wife might not have known and the victims certainly cannot be blamed although I'm sure some are feeling guilty about allowing it to continue with their silence.

I never heard a full throated defense of him from his wife, that's for sure.

4. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Auriaprottu, chaski and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  5. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    More corrupt than the average Senator? As corrupt as Donald Trump? No and no.

Now Billy, I think, is the better target. He was not only the one pawing women, but he more than Hillary is the one who jets around with hedge-fund guys and exchanges favors. Bill, I think, might end up on the ledger as more corrupt than the average Senator.

Still behind the Donald, of course.

American Brummie and Boloni86 repped this.
  6. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  7. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Aishwarya Rai's manager wasn't playing games with piggo Harvey 15 years ago:

About 15 years ago, the now-disgraced film producer asked Simone Sheffield, founder and CEO of Canyon Entertainment and then-international manager of the Bollywood star, what he had to do to “get her alone?”

“Kiss my black a--,” Sheffieldshe responded at the time, according to the Hindustan Times...

After leaving the meeting, Sheffield sent the “Pulp Fiction” producer’s office a pig trough filled with Diet Coke for the “fat f--k pig that he was,” she told the newspaper.

His office “missed the irony,” Sheffield said.

https://mail.google.com/mail/mu/mp/72/#tl/priority/^smartlabel_personal

flowergirl and soccernutter repped this.
  8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, blame the victims.

Just like the Cosby rape victims were blamed for not report the rape.

No. There is a very sold reason women have for not reporting rape and sexual assault. You are well versed in the Rape/Sexual Assault thread and know why women don't report this type of thing openly. But, I also don't think enough people recognized this type of behavior as predatory.

9. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Hef's girls were technically there on their own free will. But as he got older to me they all looked like hostages. Must've been drawing straws to see whose turn it was.

10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, she did what was expected from her in a male-dominated society. Stand by her man and attack the women who accused him. Maybe it’s what she needed to do to survive politically, and in that sense she was a victim too. But one might expect more courage from a candidate who marketed herself as THE champion for women’s causes.

Boloni86 and soccernutter repped this.
  11. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
  12. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @crazypete13

Honest question: why does this thread continue to be a separate thread in comparison to when the Cosby mess came to light, it was discussed in a thread dedicated to the specific topic (rape and sexual assault)? My point being that the response (such as #metoo) is wide spread, well beyond Weinstein, but well discussed in that other thread. To me, having this thread separate makes it seem like this behavior is unusual or special.

13. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's unusual in that one of the big fish actually got caught and its resulting in consequences. That doesn't normally happen, does it?

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  14. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    The OP was contrasting reaction to Weinstein as compared to Trump.
    Besides, do you think you are going to get our stupidhead mods to do something as strenuous as merging threads?

superdave repped this.
  15. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    They took a job that paid hazard wages. Naturally, they wanted the next girl over to be the one to defuse the bomb. Just keep sending the checks, thanks.

16. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    If yer gonna do it, do it right!

article-0-1A133A16000005DC-374_634x395.jpg

song219 repped this.
  17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not disagreeing with this at all.

I'm not disagreeing with this. As an initial thread, I don't have a problem. But where it is going, and what the results of this have been from many different women are not really that much different than the 263 pages of the Rape/Sexual Assault thread. The concern is that as this is focused on Hollywood, and many other situations like what happens on college campuses or in Wall St. board rooms or on the subway/metro will get missed, and how they are not really that much different. For instance, BBC News regularly has stories very similar to the ones reported here, only in less notable situations and with less notable people.

18. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    NYAG Eric Schneiderman allegedly beat on his girlfriends. Ronan Farrow on the case:

993630020701773825 is not a valid tweet id

19. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of this sounds like a retaliation by Vance's ofgice,but am I surprised to hear that ES might be narcissistic douche who thinks tuning up yo bitch is role playing? No,not surprised at all.

20. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    He resigned. Trump Jr. then gloated about that in a tweet.

Had Schneidrman been a Republican, he wouldn't have resigned, Fox would be trashing his accusers, and Melia wouldn't be tweeting about it.

But of course, prepare yourself to hear about #bothsidesdoit.

21. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to see Preet Bahara take his place. He's experienced, and he's not doing anything else right now.

22. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Never! Not happening. Not in a million years. Jeff Sessions has a better chance.

The NYS Legislature names the next AG (In reality its the Assembly, not the Senate due to the overwhelming Dem advantage in the assembly). Anyhooo, Preet, before his departure from SDNY, was one by one picking off corrupt Albany politicians from the Senate and Assembly. It would be like letting the fox into the hen house.

23. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By election maybe?

24. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    In that one, I doubt he is interested. It would be a bit ugly, because Cuomo's dark forces would be trying to prevent it from happening.

Already seems to be 3 or 4 candidates lining up.

Assembly seems likely to place one of their own (as they always do):