Harrisburg City Islanders Redeisn

Discussion in 'Harrisburg City Islanders' started by subdrewgans, Aug 12, 2015.

1. subdrewgans

subdrewgans New Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I'm originally from the Harrisburg area and I've wanted to do something about the City Islanders logo for a while now.. I mean look at this thing..

[​IMG]

Aside from it being very poorly executed.. when was the last time you've ever seen a palm tree in Pennsylvania? and that burning soccerball sun? :laugh: gross.

Anyway here is what I came up with, the style is very similar to the Philadelphia Union and this is on purpose since they are affiliated with each other.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thoughts?

2. OwlSaver

OwlSaver Member+

Jan 26, 2005
    Berwyn, PA (127, J)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You did all that just for fun? Nice. I like it. Particularly the color flowing from shirt to shorts. One thing that strikes me is that the anchor may be a bit large and prominent for an inland team.

Nice job.

3. subdrewgans

subdrewgans New Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Yeah, just for fun.. I have a lot of free time at work these days, so this is what i do.. ha!

Are they inland though? they play on an island! HA!

4. Lancaster FC

Lancaster FC Member+

Oct 2, 2007
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HCI definitely needs a re-brand. This was a really good job. However the idea of making it more like the Union is likely not going to happen as the Union has announced plans to create its own USL team next year. So more than likely HCI will be in need of a re-brand, but a re-brand to further separate themselves from the union.

5. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few years ago someone on reddit created this:

[​IMG]

Team officials know about this, they just don't care. They're perfectly content with the tire fire they have right now. Yes that's right, even when the graphic design work is done for them for free, some of these teams are too stupid to take advantage of it.

6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lancaster FC repped this.
  7. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shame about the redesign, I liked Harrisburg City Islanders.