Harrisburg City Islanders - 2014 Roster

Discussion in 'Harrisburg City Islanders' started by Hax, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Hax

Hax BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 1, 2000
    Gosh, I don't know. It would seem odd if you can, in MLB players with PED suspensions couldn't play in the MILB setup, I would think it's the same. Either way, I can't imagine seeing Andrew Wenger suit up for Harrisburg if that what's you're wondering.

2. Lancaster FC

Lancaster FC Member+

Oct 2, 2007
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andrew Wenger is what prompted the thought, since he is serving a red card suspension, but I knew the answer to his specific situation. I was wondering in a broader sense is a player is suspended for 4 + games and a coach wants them to stay match fit.

3. Hax

Hax BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 1, 2000
    Some interesting tidbits in Bullock's latest:

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/04/post_465.html

1. Pedro Ribeiro paired at center back with Richie Marquez in the absence of Coady Andrews. Not too surprised considering Ribeiro's size.

2. Team awaiting visa clearance for Jose Barril and Luan Silva. We knew about Barril, he trialed with the Union and came through Real Madrid's academy but Silva is new to me. He's from Brazil according to Bullock, but is he this kid, American but Brazil born? If so, what's the visa holdup? If it's him, this is a very, very young team.

http://ussda.demosphere.com/teams/60852305/47187446-60852393/39941855.html

4. Hax

Hax BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 1, 2000
    Jose Barril (Real Madrid Academy) and Luan Silva (on loan from Brazilian club Corinthians) now officially appear on the City Islanders roster, not sure about their status for Saturday but promising signings nonetheless. Luan Silva is mentioned as a "short term" loan, no idea how long that is.

5. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Lancaster FC

Lancaster FC Member+

Oct 2, 2007
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is something i really want to watch over the next few years. How many quality USL Pro players go to NASL vs MLS.

My basic question is: does the USL/MLS partnership have the potential to move USL to Division II, with more heavy investment.