Harrisburg and Rochester Games - Fri. 6/28 and Sat. 6/29

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising FC' started by Matt117, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Diego or Weber this weekend.

Hope Sheldon's got over what happened to Tucson. I'm hoping for a tie in Harrisburg and win in Rochester.

No Renan either?!?

2. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah going to be a light squad, Cam Vickers is traveling with the team this time though. Elliot Weber is not.

So MIA list is as follows
    Andrew Weber: Soreness (but not really soreness)
    Elliot Weber: Doghouse
    Renan: On loan to Orlando City
    Morrison: Unavailable Friday for yellow card accumulation (will travel though)
    Diego: Shin splints

That's all I know off the top of my head.

3. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone have any idea about what's going on with Weber? Are they going to loan/sell him too? Or is there some drama because of his brother not playing?

4. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I really don't know, but if he's not even sore and wants to play, you can be pretty sure there's drama.
    I expect some explanation to come out after these road games, but it won't come from the FO.

5. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good way to build a successful team and fan base. Alienate your most experienced, popular players.

6. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't imagine Andrew Weber being anything less than professional in that circumstance. I can't imagine he would do anything but take the high road, knowing (as any brother act would) that it is always possible siblings can be in different situations when they play on the same team.

I wonder he has any performance bonuses in his contract. And as far as loaning a starter to the best team in the league (one you don't have to play again, at least), that's slightly out of the ordinary, too, but Orlando likely paid a fee which covers his wages for the rest of the year (and maybe more). You would imagine Andrew Weber could have commanded one of the higher contracts on the team, so make of that what you will.

I've seen the Troubled Expansion Team Playbook being run time and again, and this looks like it, too. Don't know if it is all financial-related, but that's how these things usually play out when a club is struggling.

(Also, the Ghanaian guy sounds like a piece of work, no?)

7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, Mackie wasn't in the squad, either.

So that's winless in 12 in all competitions. I still like their chances to nick one tomorrow in Rochester, just on the Blind Squirrel/Acorn Phenomenon. And they have two guaranteed wins against Antigua after that (if they don't beat Antigua both times, everybody should be fired).

8. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figured Mackie didn't play last night because they were saving him for tonight. I guess we'll find out in a few hours.

Edit: Just saw Mackie is out for 3 weeks with an injury. Good thing its not too early to start drinking.

9. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Mackie tweet that he's actually fine? ;)

10. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that was Phoenix's best chance to win a road game. Sure, they tied the game, but this is starting to get ugly fast (Renan loan, Weber drama, Mackie injured again, lack of goals). At this point, I am just hoping that they finish the season without too much embarrassment and have enough money left to give it another go next season.

11. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Six home games left and only one road trip, so if you look at it from here on out, their financial fortunes should be better. They should win at least two of the last eight (you know which two) and maybe they'll nick another win and a couple of draws.

I just would hate to see Mackie's season (and, possibly, career) and Weber's season end injury and/or controversy because they both seem to be solid cats.