Hargreaves to go united and jump sraight back to england first 11

Discussion in 'England' started by Andyobri, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Andyobri

Andyobri New Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Haslingden. Rossenda
    I think so,

only a fool would not build a team around him,
    Shown he can do it, needs a english club (united) if they get him its uniteds title, provided they sign Adu aswell,

Put him on free kicks aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6BF1d1gSCY

2. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hope he goes to United and jumps straight back into the England team. He is a quality player if played correctly.

However he is not the type of player you build a team around. You build a team around playmakers and strikers. What Hargreaves will give you is the determination and consistency as a central midfield ball winner (who is also very skillfull) to allow your more offensive players to do their thang.

3. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Which United, Newcastle? Manchester? Southend?

4. alwaysbeanengland

alwaysbeanengland New Member

Mar 3, 2006
    If he signed for Oxford United he'd be one of the best players in the Conference, they'd surely become a football league club once more

5. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Building a team around Rooeny starting with Hargreaves? Now there's an idea. :D

6. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Leeds.

7. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I'd love it if we bothered to build the team around Rooney.

8. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Adu is a poor man's Theo Walcott...

9. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    hargreaves is the best holding midfielder we have and are really missing him

if we play him i think either lamps or gerrard will start scoring and have more of an attacking role through the middle than they do with mr average at best carrick

10. Milos

Milos Member+

Sep 6, 2003
    Iacon
    Club:
    Coventry City FC
    Funny the difference a couple of months (and good games) makes. A while ago no one rated Hargreaves (including myself) and now he is one of our best midfielders and should be an automatic choice. In the early days all the commentators had to say about him that was possitive was that he had a "Good engine".

11. Andyobri

Andyobri New Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Haslingden. Rossenda
    I've always been a fan i got a shirt with name and number before the hype, had to get XL to fit his name on, he is our best player by a mile, makes some games worth watching, IE Greece game, and portugal, he give us some hope and he plays better british football than any of out English bassed players.

12. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You should get a big picture of him, stick it above your bed.

13. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is this a joke?

He's already the third name on the England team sheet after Terry and Rooney.

14. jasper9

jasper9 New Member

Jul 24, 2006
    He should walk back in for Lampard in a 4-4-2. This ridiculous 4-3-3 is entirely down to the Erikssonesque conundrum, he's scared to drop Lampard. So every formation they try is designed to get them playing well together, but why?.

15. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    hopes of a flukey deflevcted goal?

the answer is wingers and hargreaves and gerrard in the middle

16. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lampard doesn't need to be dropped. He's not playing well for England at the moment, but he has proved himself in the past and consistently for Chelsea.

The solution is not rocket science. You play Lampard and Hargreaves in the middle, Gerrard on the right where he plays consistently for Liverpool and Joe Cole on the Left (England's in form player). When Hargreaves is injured you use players who can try and do a similar job i.e P Neville (I never thought I'd be saying that, but he's been playing well for Everton). While confidence is obviously low you stick to the 4-4-2 and when players get injured use players who can do a similar job in those position, Lennon for Gerrard or Barton/Gerrard for Lampard etc. Next tell the team they need to play with a high tempo (we always look a better team when we do), and stop trying to defend 1-0 leads with 10 men behind the ball (i'ts starting to get embarassing). Finally stop telling the team their the Golden generation and the best thing since slice bread, and that untill they prove otherwise the rest of the world currently see them as a joke. Get some fire in their bellies, a system they understand and unleash the sleeping giant.

I know I've strayed from the Hargreaves topic, but needed to get that off my chest.

17. Pazarius

Pazarius New Member

Jan 10, 2004
    England
    That wouldn't work either. If we play two wide midfielders who want to cut inside all the time we won't have enough width. We need at least one out-and-out winger in the midfield.

Our best midfield at the moment has to be:

Joe Cole - Hargreaves - AM - Lennon

where AM refers to either Gerrard or Lampard. My personal preference is for Gerrard, but the important thing is that McSven starts trying to put the best team on the pitch instead of the best players.

18. Raven!

Raven! Member

Feb 11, 2006
    Pender Island, BC, Canada
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zomgpewpewspacemarines
    Leeds.
    sigh......in my dreams......

19. Andyobri

Andyobri New Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Haslingden. Rossenda
    we need a manager who can take positive aswell as negatives, but its cover ups all the time for a bunch of over rated idiots, the media dont help, we need steal and someone the nation can love, we have all got over rooney and we should start building for the future, (walcott and roon as front two), lennon wide, hargreaves captain, stick them on the team sheet along with the two coles and just fill in the gaps with experience and in form prem players, like nolan b4 the world cup, barton? King woodgate, a team with hunger not players stroling around looking un interested, Terry does that but Hargreaves lifts players games, they feel ashamed by his quality and try to match it, competition within the team.

20. matty boy

matty boy New Member

May 31, 2005
    Leic/ ENG
    I agree, we should play only 1 AM and it has to be gerrard, also we shouldn't be playing rooney wide or up front on his own he needs a quick striker to make space for him

21. Andyobri

Andyobri New Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Haslingden. Rossenda
    at the mo who would you partener Rooney with?

22. Linc

Linc New Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Somers, NY
    Agree completely with the above midfield but feel strongly that Gerrard should play and Lampard should sit. Lampard more than perhaps any other England player IMO believes in all the press and the hype (i.e. that this is such a brilliant generation of players) and has drastically underachieved while playing for England as a result of his own over-inflated sense of self worth. Bench him for a while...I bet he comes back with a better attitude and better play...

23. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Someone with pace, who is disciplined at playing ahead of Rooney and not tracking back behind him... Basically, Not Crouch..

24. loghyr

loghyr ex-CFB

Jul 11, 2006
    Tulsa
    Ayr

Just cause no one else mentioned them... :p

25. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    Both Gerrard and Lampard play better when playing with wingers. Neither can do the holding role though, so they need a DM. This leaves room for only one striker, so we either have Rooney as the lone striker, or leave out Joe Cole and put Rooney on the left, with AJ, Bent, or, eventualy, Owen. RW is SWP or Lennon, dependent on form, atm obviously Lennon, though i rate SWP higher. Hargreaves is the DM of course. This is a side that can win things. But, even with this formation, McClown would manage to fak things up. Face it folks, even amongst an extremely moderate group such as the one we are in, we are not getting to euro 08.