Hanna Barbera Cup 2008

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by sidspaceman, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Re: Superliga 2008

Yeah so thats why i'm saying let Chivas rest so they can be fresh and strong going into Libertadores 2008

2. Violationgd

Violationgd New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Chivas should let Tapatio play the Superliga.

3. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Chivas is not playing superliga, the qualified directly... ;)

4. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006

Interliga they are not playing, but the superliga is that mickey mouse tourney with the MLS teams, and they most likely are gonna play it..........

5. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

my bad.....:cool:

6. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

can we change the name of this thread to the Hanna Barbera Cup :D

7. Robert_08

Robert_08 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    El Paso
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Do it!
    A gay ass tournament deserves a gay ass name!

8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

changed

9. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    hahaha!!!!

[​IMG]

10. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    I clicked on this thing thinking "WTF? Hanna Barbera Cup???" only to find out it was La SuperLiga...I guess the name is fitting :p

11. rock-star_79

rock-star_79 New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Milwaukee
    Don't understand why so much stick towards this tournament, I thought it was a very good competition. I know it was preseason but it was better than a lot of other preseason tournament that Mexican teams play in.

The only real Hanna Barbera Cup is the Interliga, that is a joke. I'll watch a SuperLiga game over any Interliga game any day. Very nice lets possibly send one of our worst teams of 2007 to a tournament like Libertadores. Atlas or Monterrey given a change to participate in Libertadores, thats a Joke.

All you that knock MLS sound just like the S.A. knocking our Mexican League. You knock it with out giving it a chance, you give it no respect or credit. MLS is getting better and believe me when I tell you they are nipping at our heels.

12. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL

:D

13. Violationgd

Violationgd New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You silly goose.

14. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    post of the year. nipping at our heels, laugh out loud.

15. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    I don't like Interliga either, but what's the point of Superliga???? other than money, and really when compared to other tournaments around the world really not that much money............

16. Violationgd

Violationgd New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    For the most part, teams are actually trying to beat each other during the Interliga. The focus of Interliga is to win a spot in Libertadores, the focus of Superliga is to debut 16 and 17 year old players and experiment before the season starts (at least this is the purpose for the Mexican teams). That difference in focus affects both the level and intensity of play. Ultimately, both tourneys are unnecessary, but Interliga is much more entertaining and is way better at preparing Mexican teams for their league. Besides, beating MLS teams is meaningless, I don't care how much people try to upsell the "continental rivalry," beating LA galaxy just doesn't do it for me.

17. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No shit. I don't like the interliga but in that tournament there is actually something on the line. A spot to the libertadores is a very coveted opportunity.

The Mickey Mouse Cup has a little million dollar purse attached to it. It's some decent grip, but pales in comparison with other forms of revenue.

The interliga is not an invitee tournament like the mickey mouse cup either.

There is no comparison between these crap tournaments. One's a clean turd and the other is a pile of diarrhea that doesn't know when to stop coming out. Just when you think it's over....

18. rock-star_79

rock-star_79 New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Milwaukee
    Sorry but if I compare the level of effort and football quality between Interliga and Superliga, Superliga wins hands down. I can not beat on that drum any harder, Interliga is just an utter joke. Anyone that argus this would be crazy.

[SIZE="+1"]DOWN WITH INTERLIGA, IT'S AN EMBARRASMENT!!![/SIZE]

19. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    Well keep on beating your drum and answer my question what's the point of the Hanna Barbera Cup????
    And I'm not arguing the fact that this shit known as Interliga is been nothing more than a farce, it's almost like the players on their own are trying to kill it since we all know they don't want to play on it, but the games in the summer were equally as bad, you're pretty much the only one that liked those, the games I remember back then also ended up 1-0, 1-1, 2-1..........you sound more like a spazzo than anything else.........

20. rock-star_79

rock-star_79 New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Milwaukee
    You are wrong about the games being as bad, this tournament is one of the worst I have seen. You are spot on when you said,

"it's almost like the players on their own are trying to kill it since we all know they don't want to play on it".

Which is the mayor reason this tournament is so bad. In Superliga the MLS players were giving a big effort to win and perform, and the FMF teams to show their dominance. Don't know if you watched all the games but for a pre-season tournament it was pretty good.

I know you and many others on the board knock this tournament as often as you can because of your dislike towards MLS, but believe me when I say Superliga's games are more interesting. Here are the scores of Superliga games. Their were only 4 out of 15 games that did not have scoring from both teams, which is not bad.

Chivas de Guadalajara @ FC Dallas 1-1

Club de Futbol Pachuca @ LA Galaxy 1-2

Monarcas Morelia @ D.C. United 1-1

Club América @ Houston Dynamo 0-1

Club de Futbol Pachuca @ FC Dallas 1-1

Chivas de Guadalajara @ LA Galaxy 2-1

Club América @ D.C. United 0-1

Monarcas Morelia @ Houston Dynamo 1-1

LA Galaxy @ FC Dallas 6-5

Club de Futbol Pachuca @ Chivas de Guadalajara 1-0

D.C. United @ Houston Dynamo 0-1

Monarcas Morelia @ Club América 2-3

Club de Futbol Pachuca @ Houston Dynamo 4-3

D.C. United @ LA Galaxy 0-2

Club de Futbol Pachuca @ LA Galaxy 4-3

By the way I am not spazzing just showing my dislike for a tournament that is meant to exploit the Mexicans living in the US, and giving them a high price low quality product. :)

21. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    Superliga is also meant to exploit the Mexican market, they only made that tournament because Univision felt like they were loosing to Fox Sports when it comes to exploit the people, and at least there's an excuse for Interliga, what's the excuse for Superliga????
    Also about the scores that you posted according to wikipedia the score in the final was 1-1, penalty shootout don't add up to the score they are just a tie breaker, and the other 4-3 was actually a 2-2, see you sound more like a spazzo than a Mexican since you're trying to over hype something that really doesn't exist..........
    And I'm not defending Interliga as a matter of fact I don't like neither, they both are a waste of time, the players don't like it, most fans don't care, the fields are shit and thus putting the players in risk of injury like we all have seen it happen this week...........

22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don't forget that the superliga is payback to Univision for having to buy the MLS rights if they wanted the world cup.

23. rock-star_79

rock-star_79 New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Milwaukee
    You are knocking a game ending 2-2 in regular time and ending 4-3 in penalties? Or a final ending 1-1 in regular time, that was tied at the last minute from a bicycle kick and was sent to penalties ending 4-3? I guess we have difference on what we view as good games. :rolleyes:

Their both of not much worth but their is less of an exploitation in Superliga because the people that follow MLS received much satisfaction from that tournament. That was an MLS tournament, so from their end they delivered. I know that doesn't mean much to you but ultimately their was a product where at least half of the people following that tournament were pleased. You can not say that about Interliga because every where you read or listen their is nothing but negativity towards the quality, attendance and value.

Libertadores spots should go to teams according to league table position, not a tournament where teams are neither interested or deserving. Interliga may have somewhat of a purpose, but it is still a joke.

Also this made no sence to me:

"...you sound more like a spazzo than a Mexican since you're trying to over hype something that really doesn't exist..."

Please clarify because I don't understand how giving Superliga credit and expressing my dislike for Interliga makes me less Mexican. :rolleyes:

Good night will read your reply tomorrow. :)

24. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    I'm not knocking the 2-2 nor the 1-1, I didn't even bothered to watch, what I'm knocking is the fact that you're over hyping a score just to help your argument, I watched a couple games of the Hanna Barbera cup and I honestly didn't watched anything more than what I'm seeing in the Interliga, clubs don't want to come and play here and that's a fact, players love to come here to shop around but not to play........

Interliga have some worth, Hanna Barbera doesn't, in the field the level of play is the same, yeah the MLS teams care but other than that and the fact that they play very dirty they suck and the games are very hard to see when they play.......and yeah Libertadores spots should be given based on the league but we all know the rules so.......same thing in la liguilla is unfair but all the clubs know how thing are from the beginning.........

I said that you sound like an spazzo because you're over hyping something that doesn't really exist like the superliga, that is nothing more than a friendly pre-season tournament, nothing more, and the organizers Univision, SUM, and MLS are charging at the gate as if it were a real competitive tournament........and they are doing the same with the interliga that's why they are getting those MLS size crowds............

25. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    that's your opinion

some of us here actually enjoy watching futbol, and not watching teams from the united states play with 9 men in their own box against pre-season mfl teams. i've never met a chivas fan that was a fan of watching bunker ball before today..