Hamstring Injuries

Discussion in 'Player' started by nihonjin07, Jun 27, 2004.

1. nihonjin07

nihonjin07 New Member

Feb 25, 2003
    japan
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/treatment_room/features/newsid_2130000/2130451.stm

In october of last year i injured my hamstring badly during a training match. my doctor said it was only a pull and i could return to playing in 4 weeks. i played a whole season in pain. it never healed. i kept on reinjuring my hamstring ever since. about 8 months later i go back to the doctor after all my soccer seasons are over and i take an mri. i find out that i actually tore a tendon in my hamstring and a blood clot formed where the tear is located.

does anybody else have hamstring problems?

2. PizzicatoJive

PizzicatoJive New Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Hovermale's
    Hey Nihonjin, no hamstring injuries for me, but I've got a shoulder that likes to dislocate if I dive a bit too far to my right. I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble you're having with your leg. Good luck with recovery. Have you looked into sports rehabilitation? I'm not sure if it's the right option for your kind of injury, but maybe? Okarada o taisetsu ni...

3. cubs

cubs New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    I had the same problem, and it hurt like hell, the doctor said that it wasn't torn but still it had been over extended and I had to give it a rest, so I did for about 2 weeks, had some massage/ice and crap, and ever since if I don't stretch well, before and after games and practice I sometimes begin to feel pain in my hamstring so now I take stretching seriously and never had any problems with it anymore (the reason I injured my hamstring at first, poor stretching)

4. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    I had some pretty painful hamstring problems a few months back, and it was because of excessive use. I played I think 5 games in 7 days, along with practicing and working out on my own. I essentially had to rest it for 4 weeks, and when I got back I had to take it easy for a week or two until I was comfortable. Then I came back and blasted the HELL out of them on weights, to the point where I'm easily doing the full stack on all the hamstring machines at the gym pretty effortlessly, and having to go for just reps instead of added weight. I haven't had a problem since, and to boot, I'm stronger than before.

Also, don't forget to stay mega-hydrated. Dehydration never helps a muscle.

5. smith07

smith07 New Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Yoga in addition to weight training would be good.