Half Day Trade Window

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by Gunner, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Independiente now balking at $14M, asking $20M. And their supporters are complaining about Barco going to MLS. Indigent ********ing ingrates. We're not "like" MLS. We're AUFC.

2. kroppduster

kroppduster New Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    Aug 3, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    What about Asad? My first thought after the Nagbe acquisition was that they wouldn't exercise the Asad option.

3. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Random thoughts:

- Barco is likely being pursued under the aspiration of getting him at a bargain price. I'd be surprised if they pay more than $15M for anyone. Yes, it's AUFC, but this is still MLS and last I checked MLS is rolling in billion $ contracts.

- Nagbe is an experienced player with still time and age to improve, so I'm hoping it means Tata and Co. see something that they can bring out of him because otherwise I'm not sure he's a piece that make the whole a better unit. I see it as a signal Asad may not be back.

- I'm hoping the rate of moves after this first season are evidence that Tata is committed to making this work over a few more years. He's taken stock of the resources and talent on hand, told Bocanegra what else is needed and now they're fine tuning the machine. With the caveat of operating within the MLS constraints.

4. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Per DirtySouthSoccer this AM, Barco's now asking them to take the $14M and let him make the leap to MLS.
    If these clowns who call themselves supporters would rather their alleged "Next Messi" not play under theeee greatest tactical mind their nation has everrrrr produced, I feel bad for them on several levels.