AllWright AllWright AllWright : Haji moving to the Coventry

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Chance, Dec 17, 2013.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
  2. Anderson11

Anderson11 Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you make this?

3. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    No, its made by the same Schalke fan who made the video from last week.

4. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    And people say he's not a technical player. Pfft. He's the evolution from the Jozy type CF into the ST who can beat defenders with the ball at his feet and drop back to make plays OR hold the ball up in general. He will only get stronger as he gets older but the creativity, feet, shot power and movement are mainly already elite.

Also looks like he could be a winger in a pinch.

Thanks for this.

5. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His game is kinda like Jozy's, hopefully he's a much better version so I can finally change my name to Haji Altidore.

6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He's a good finisher like Jozy, but I think he's way faster, better technically, and he's like five inches taller than Jozy.

I don't know, I personally think the top level players we are producing of late are not comparable to their previous American counterparts. Its like the Pulisic and Donovan comparisons. If these players become the players that most think they can become, they probably won't be all that comparable to previous American players. And if they develop well, our NT should not be comparable to past USMNT teams. Maybe we have hit the stage of our footballing development as a country where we are bound for an improvement in quality of player production. I think we have.

ChuckMe92, jjmack and beerslinger23 repped this.
  7. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would agree and I definitely think our players are improving overall and we are producing more potential top level talent than ever before. But I do think it's going to take time before this all comes together. Even if one of the Schalke guys, Akale, or whomever turns into a Pulisic-type player, the rest of the pool is still mostly a bunch of kids who have potential, but have a ways to go.

However, I think that what I like most about our talent pool is that it's deep for about the first time ever. If Wright doesn't pan out, we still have guys like Sargent, Weah, Konrad, etc who could be legitimate national team contributors in 3-5 years. It feels like we are no longer clinging to one or two prospects and hoping they turn into something. And I still think it's only going to get better

8. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah, I agree. I think 2022 we could see some improvements towards QF's or SF's, and 2026 might be the WC we start contending for the title, if we've actually improved as much as we think we are improving.

ChuckMe92 and Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  9. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Honestly if Haji, Weston, Mukwelle, breakout does give them a chance like he did with Landon and Beasley?

Young and naive is an asset in a World Cup scenario.... see deandre yedlin.

Class is ageless some of your have real class.

10. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ChuckMe92, Namdynamo and Winoman repped this.
  11. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    865568296380366848 is not a valid tweet id

865569489462726657 is not a valid tweet id

Tom Collingsworth, LouisZ and Winoman repped this.
  12. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. DeAndresHaircut

DeAndresHaircut Member+

Jul 24, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today is Huntelaar's last game for Schalke and he's on the bench so that's a sub that they're pretty much guaranteed to use right there.

I'd guess Haji's chances of debuting today are much slimmer than Mckennie's

14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    No they're not guaranteed. They gave him his game last week at home. He started, and got subbed off in the 80th minute. Now, I'm not saying it won't happen, but he already got his game.

I tend to think neither are in a good position to play if this game is close, and its close right now.

15. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I mean as a midfielder mckinnies chances are pretty high in any situation. Haji needs it to stay level or for schalke to go down

16. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Didn't play. Kind of a douche move by the coach to bring in a striker leaving the club and a failed signing who rarely plays as the two non-McKennie subs.

Its better than not being on the bench. The third promoted player wasn't even on the bench, but he deserved a debut. Should've gotten it.

17. DeAndresHaircut

DeAndresHaircut Member+

Jul 24, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really see how it's a douche move lol it's not that serious

Especially being a man down

18. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    I'm not too concerned about Wright not getting in today. Between the coach's comments this week and the fact that he made the bench, it seems like he'll get every opportunity to make the 1st team going into next season.

19. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Because you are playing a player who will not provide any help to your team on the field for the rest of his career, and not giving a debut to a player who you presumably expect to (if you promoted him to the first team). And then that Tekpetey guy is awful.

I don't know why any American would be happy about those two subs. That makes no sense. I'm not saying it's catastrophic that he didn't play. Carter-Vickers for example still hasn't gotten his league debut, its annoying though. There was no need for the coach's actions.

20. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Giving a club veteran the final 10 minutes in his last match isn't what I'd call a douche move.

Plus, they subbed in a 19 year old attacker shortly after. It just wasn't Haji. I think a loan is in the cards for him next year.

21. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I posted this in the McKennie thread, but I think it applies to Wright as well.

I think a loan would make sense for next season. Prove yourself as a pro, and then maybe Schalke will think you are good enough for regular playing time the season after. If they don't think so, other clubs will be interested.

Realistically, the Pulisic situation is not happening for any of these guys or Taitague or Perez or Zelalem, etc. Its a minuscule amount who break through right away with perfect conditions at a big club like Pulisic did. A Julian Green situation is always possible, but you don't want to be sitting in the reserves for a year like Green did after he returned from his failed loan.

22. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    Very premature to talk about loans. There's an entire summer to see how chips fall with the club.

23. BiLLyHiLLo07

BiLLyHiLLo07 Member

Aug 18, 2007
    I just hope these players aren't as insecure as you are.

24. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This isn't a Julian green situation. These kids just got moved up from one of the best youth academies in Europe. Julian was always a flash, anyone who follows this stuff like you do knows this.

25. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    6-1 to 6-3? 2 inches not 5. I too want our newer generations to be just alittle bit better. I do think Haji Wright and Jozy Altidore are comparable. If Haji Wright's floor is Jozy Altidore I'll take that but hope even a 5-10% improvement along with all the other top youth players coming up will make us better as a soccer playing country. I think we've already proven that our depth and quality is much improved even from a decade ago. Our WC Qualifier vs Honduras with 5-6 starters unavailable we still fielded a good squad that won 6-0. Our 2002 team had virtually everyone healthy for that to happen. Good team but can you imagine 5-6 starters from that team being injured for the whole tournament.