AllWright AllWright AllWright : Haji moving to the Coventry

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Chance, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Borderline punishment. Sandhausen seldom uses their loanees, just look at the other two they got. Or the ones in the past years.

So if you get loaned to them, your parent club is not exactly sending you to a place where you'll have much of a chance to develop.

So saying "borderline punishment" is the ugly way to put it. The nicer way, "they're not too invested in him to send him to the 2.BuLi club with the worst or second-worst loanee usage record."

2. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there is empirical record that says historically Sandhausen does not play their loanees or that it’s generally not a positive step in their development, I will take your word for it.

3. PalmettoSpur

PalmettoSpur Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I wouldn't panic about Haji quite yet. I think he has the physical tools to be a solid top-league option. At 19, Harry Kane was on loan in the Championship at Millwall and did decently (7 goals in 22 games). He's since won several golden boots and has the highest strike rate in Europe for the 2017 calendar year.

(That's not to say he'll be the next Harry Kane, merely that I'm still holding out hope he'll figure things out and find the right situation).

Gacm32 and Winoman repped this.
  4. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm worried that he wasn't even on the bench though. That seems like a downward trajectory.

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No the worst part of YA is MLS vs whatever league the player is in random debates that come out of nowhere.

Reacting to a player getting benched is pretty natural otherwise there'd be no point in following them.

thedukeofsoccer repped this.
  6. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think it is often troubling when a loanee to a lower division cannot "force" his way into the rotation. Not all our players that go to Europe are going to work out, that is how it is the higher up the football food chain you go.

The good thing is that he has much more control on not just this, but his next destination as well, than if he was in MLS.

Hopefully Haji is troubled by it too, working extra hard on his game, and takes his chances when they come. I haven't really watched the kid that much, but Schalke is a top shelf youth development club. He really couldn't be in a much better place to find out if he has the goods. Or not!

PalmettoSpur and bob347 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    unless he's injured he's failed to make his 2nd consecutive matchday squad.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    He needs to get out of there ASAP.

9. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gacm32 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1510 Ger90, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    also seems like Sandhausen is interested in buying Torles Knoll.

although I wonder if Sandhausen will fail to make it to 1BL if they are selling their main striker while they aren't that far off from the top 3, halfway through the season. Will they buy someone else?

Hobo repped this.
  11. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They arent really playing Wooten much either, right? and he clearly is good enough for BL2 ....so Wright not playing wouldnt mean much, imo

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    isn't Wooten injured? I believe he hasn't played in months.

Gacm32 and DanielS1085 repped this.
  13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Yep, Wooten blew his hamstring back in August and who knows if he ever will be the same again.

DanielS1085 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    sounds bad and for a 28 year old, he isn't young anymore, so yeah he might never be the same. Boyd seems to be another 2BL striker that's been ruined by injuries.

Gacm32 repped this.
  15. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boyd and Wooten used to compete against each other for the scoring title when they both play in the regionallia as young pups, neither improved enough to make it.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boyd just never was good enough. I haven't seen Wooten play enough to say the same.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wright seems to be in a very rough spot. At Sandhausen, he was left out of the last 2 matchday squads. The club also seems to be going after a 20 year old and with Holer gone might buy another striker.

Then back at Schalke, they have confirmed the signing of 20 year Teuchert. While they are still linked with getting Uth in the Summer.

18. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, life's rough for those fighting tooth and nail for a shot at the big time. The cream of the crop rises to answer the challenge, while the vast majority of the others knock around in the lower divisions hoping for a late bloom. He's got tons of time, and I'm glad he's in the position he's in, where he will be put to the test to see if he truly has what it takes to succeed in the game.

19. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He certainly has the talent, which is the good thing. With that and seemingly a change in work ethic, he has the ability to progress.

20. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, are we assuming he's lazy or has there been a coach that has publically called him that? Just asking, not having a go.

21. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not trying to build a narrative since I'm no expert, but he's obviously way more talented than most of the players he plays with, but this is stuff you can't do in high school soccer when you're trying to lock down a starting spot.

22. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was he injured at that time or had he felt a twinge of some sort? I'll agree that type of effort is really not acceptable, however if he played at all for that team beyond that game, there must have been an acceptable reason for his visible lack of effort. I would assume that most coaches watching that film would have hauled him into a meeting and told him to pack his bags back to his mother club, especially a German coach. If he wasn't injured or hesitant to sprint at that point due to a physical issue, it's hard for me to disagree with the comments in the tweedle dum thread.

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Getting loaned to Sandhausen is a clear indicator that your parent club doesn't have big plans for you.

Shame, we need a striker desperately.

24. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was bad, no reason for him not to end up at the far post right when first attacker makes his first cut to the outside. Even when the attacker takes it to the end line, he is still 10 yards on top of 18 yard box. Wow! even if he knows the guy won't pass it, you still make yourself available.

25. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In what way?