AllWright AllWright AllWright : Haji moving to the Coventry

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Chance, Dec 17, 2013.

1. I think it's kept seperated. The Dutch club pays on their books the required amoint and the parent club pays at home the rest to the player to fulfill their contractual obligations. That's my guess anyway.

2. I think I phrased it a little awkward. The Dutch club pays the required minimum wage and the owner club has to respect their contract with the player and when in the most likely situation the contract has a higher pay check than the minimumwage, they have to pay the difference in order to honour their contract with the player. So if the owner club has agreed to pay their contracted amount monthly, lets say 100k and the Dutch does the same, they have to pay each month the difference between the around 40k a month from the Dutch club and the amount they had to pay, in this case 100-40=60k.

3. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not surprising his loan was massive failure. His options seem Schalke II (terrible), another loan or leaving permanently.

doesn't help that Tedesco/Schalke are taking 2 young attacking players from the U19 with them to China.

5. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Disappointing to say the least. He needs to find a permanent spot somewhere.

I still believe the most important thing for any YA is finding playing time, no matter the level.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    confirmed to be going to the U23=Oberliga/5th division.

7. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might as well come back and play in USL. At this point I'd try for a permanent move just about anywhere.

8. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. The Oberliga is a low standard of soccer, but it's not even about that. When players are making that final transition between youth soccer and the pros, being in an environment where you are valued is so, so important. I think it's pretty clear that he's not on track to be a Schalke first team player. Go somewhere else, where he will be on track to be valued as a first team player.

He can still play for Schalke II for the next couple of years like Flores did with BVB II, but at this point he's very likely to be viewed by the club as nothing more than an organizational soldier filling out the reserve team roster.

9. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can’t imagine Avdijaj will stay with the u23’s he’ll likely find a first team somewhere. I’d expect the same for Haji.

The u23’s sounds like a place to keep them on ice while a move is figured out.

The Irish Rover and Sandon Mibut repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    difference is that Avdijaj is only signed until 2019 and there were reports throughout the Fall that he doesn't get along with Tedesco. He has experience in the pro level too, having played in 1BL, Eredivisie and the Austrian 1BL.

Wright on the other hand is signed until 2020, his loan failed in 2BL. To move you still need an interested party and maybe Schalke think he's better off staying where they can keep an eye on him.

it's possible if he's not loaned to 2BL again or 3rd Liga. That he could end up in the OL until the Winter transfer. Or maybe Schalke wants to use him to get Schalke II promoted to RL. They seem not content with Schalke II being in OL.

11. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Might be a wake-up call for him and the others in the II team: "this is where you'll be plying your trade in a year or two if you don't sort yourselves out."

Mind you, he played in NASL so you'd think he'd have learned that lesson before he moved to Germany :confused:

12. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's in a tough spot. Schalke pretty much told him to make it as a striker as a 19-20 year old in the 2BL if he wanted a chance with the first team.

Welp.

Our striker corps consist of Wood, Zardes, and Dwyer. That's not terrible. Altidore is officially injury prone.

13. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First that is terrible. Second Sargent and Nokovic and Weah bro get with the times.

Gacm32 repped this.
  14. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    And Siebatcheu (potentially).

Can people stop getting their panties in a bunch over the MNT? His club career has - to put it mildly - stalled and if he doesn't get things back on track in at least BL2, he'll never play for the MNT because he was never good enough to begin with.

Gacm32 repped this.
  15. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sakibomb523, Sombrerito, LouisZ and 6 others repped this.
  16. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Any idea what his problem was? IIRC, he scored a few followed by a knock and then sputter. Something happened.

17. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Tom Collingsworth and Winoman repped this.
  18. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does a picture of the two talking equate to one having confidence in the other?

I talk to people every day I have little confidence in.

gunnerfan7, ebbro, Anderson11 and 4 others repped this.
  20. BGSUSoccerFan423

Jul 2, 2011
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That USSoccer guy was so certain that Haji should've been on the first team last year and that Schalke was making a huge mistake. That take didn't age very well lol.

I called his unwillingness to move in the final third and his unwillingness to press even in his first game. The USSoccer guy assured me that this what you get from Haji. Sure enough. He stopped getting playing time and his situation at Sandhausen looked really bad. I have to think his attitude and unwillingness to do those things played a part in his limiting of minutes going forward from that match.

Haji is going to have to do a lot more if he wants to play first team football for his parent club. But first, he's gotta show hustle out there on the field.

21. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I've been asked a number of times recently why I don't post any longer in this section. The answer is that its people like you. This section is filled with the most abrasive and unproductive discussions on the website. You try to take a shot at me where you know I don't post anymore? I'm glad you are taking a victory lap and have declared yourself a winner.

In the process though, please explain which games you watched last season that makes you knowledgeable about what you are saying? Your posting record gives no indication you watched anything other than the first game of the season. Have at it while I once again leave this sewer.

22. BGSUSoccerFan423

Jul 2, 2011
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Taking your ball and going home eh? Nice

I'm not going to entertain you beating your chest. Your post history reads very immature. Bold proclamations, argue with people when they don't agree, then pick fights.

I've watched enough Sandhausen matches this past season to know that you were jumping the gun prematurely. But of course, I shouldn't expect any less of a response from you.

mbar and The Irish Rover repped this.
  23. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Volker's the team photographer for the youth teams at Schalke. He spends so much time around them that he's pretty friendly with everyone involved.

24. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    FYP ;)

25. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010