Haitians Abroad

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by SMerisier, Jul 16, 2008.

1. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The ones that I am familiar with are Jean Jaques Pierre (Nantes captain), Johnny Placide (Goalkeeper Le Havre) and Romain Genevois (FC Gueugnon) but there are a few others.

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    do you think you can name them, and i thought Pierre was all haitian, also played his football in haiti to...Im talkin about french players with haitian descent.

3. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    I guess you mean who was born there or grew up , right?

Frantz Bertin in Greece(OFi Crete)

Abel Thermeus(no club now but training with Monaco)

Dominique Zéphyrin(Fréjus) France

Johnny Placide(Le Havre) France

Jean Eudes Maurice(PSG) France

Jean François Lescinel(Swindon Town )in England

Yves Hadley Desmarets( Vitoria Guimaraes) Portugal

Windsor Noncent(ex of Sedan in France), no club now

Charles Davidson(Epinal) France

Jean Dimmy Jeoboam(AS Vitré) France

Romain Genevois( FC Gueugnon) France

Pierre Mercier( FC Chaulmes) Switzerland

Alex Jean Zéphyrin(As Cannes ) France

Junior Jean( UJA Alfortville) France

I only put players who either grew up in France or who were born there. Otherwise some other players come from other countries.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Im assuming theres a lot more in the youth squads in some of these bigger clubs in france.

5. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    Yeah! and there is also one who is French U 20 international, his name is Hervé Bazile playing for Guingamp. They are not interested playing for Haiti now, they arer trying first making the French Team.

For example, Placide was French U 17 international before then he came to play with the Haiti Olympic Team last year and now he is the French U 23 keeper again.

You also have Réginald Goreux who is playing for Standard in Belgium, he is also Belgian U 23 international. The Belgians say no way they give it to Haiti. Anyway we'll see in the future how it goes.

By the way, Johnny Exantus (ex Red Bulls Youth) is in try out with FC Metz.

6. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    Minnesota signs haitian international midfielder Leonel St Preux.

Minnesota signs Haitian international

Minnesota Thunder News Release - www.mnthunder.com

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

ST PAUL, MN -- The Thunder announced the signings of Haitian international forward Leonel Saint-Preux and rookie defender and former US youth international Chris Clements. Saint-Preux has signed a two year contract, while Clements has signed for three. Both players have joined the team and started training.

The Thunder have three road matches remaining before returning back to Minnesota for the home opener Saturday May 2 against the defending champions, the Vancouver Whitecaps.

Saint-Preux played for his native Haitian National Team during qualifying for both the Olympics and the World Cup. His most memorable moment for the Haitian National team came when he scored a 40 yard goal against Canada in a 2-1 win during Olympic qualifying. In February of this year, he played in a preseason game with the New York Red Bulls, during which he scored 2 unassisted goals against the Kansas City Wizards in a 4-4 tie.

“Leonel is an attacking forward who likes to play with his back to the goal, but also loves to take players on from the front as well,” said Thunder Head Coach Donny Gramenz. “Leonel has a tremendous work ethic and plays with great pace. He is an exciting addition to our team.”

7. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Not sure if it's been posted before but it seems that former Haitian international Marc Gracien has signed onto play for Real Maryland of USL-2.

As far as i know, Gracien last played for your national team in 2006, and has played part in past editions of the Caribbean Cup as well as the 2006 World Cup Qualifiers. According to the USL his last club was FC Plessis Robinson (an amateur club from France). Not sure how long the contract is for, but he is listed on the roster for the forthcoming season.

8. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    Yeah! i knew about it. USL2 level is too weak.....i am not sure he will be part of the National Team again. Somebody who wasted his talent, he was with PSG youth Team 10 years ago.

9. yardmiseh

yardmiseh New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Haiti vs. Jamaica for May 23 friendly in Fort Lauderdale

Sean Williams
    Friday, April 17, 2009
    The Reggae Boyz will tackle Caribbean rivals Haiti in a friendly international in Fort Lauderdale, USA, on Saturday, May 23, it was announced yesterday.
    JFF boss Captain Horace Burrell made the disclosure at the Sherwin Williams Women's Football Awards Presentation at the Federation's New Kingston offices a day after confirming a home game for the senior team against Panama on June 7.
    "The senior Reggae boyz team will play against Haiti in Fort Lauderdale and we expect it to be a massive game because the people of Haiti will be celebrating a special holiday period (Compas Month)," Burrell said.
    Organiser of the game, Jeremy Mullings, said he expects a large crowd for the game as the USA will be celebrating Memorial Weekend which falls in line with the May month of celebrations for south Florida's Haitians. This is also a time when the rest of the Caribbean Diaspora swings into party mode.
    "We are hoping for a sell-out crowd at Lockhart Stadium with all that will be happening on that weekend, and we are getting a good vibe about the event already... and as you know whenever Jamaica play Haiti, it brings out the best in both," said Mullings from Florida yesterday.
    Jamaica may not have their strongest team for the encounter as the game will not be played on a FIFA-sanctioned date, but Burrell promised that "we will have all our available overseas-based players".
    The CONCACAF Executive Committee member noted that the match provides an opportunity "for the best local players in the Premier League" to perform for coach John Barnes and his team.
    Burrell and his team have been finding it difficult to get top-class opposition for the Reggae Boyz - their efforts thwarthed by the team's 70th placing on the FIFA standings and elimination from the World Cup qualifying race.
    "It's not easy to get worthy opponents now as they're engaged in World Cup qualifiers and... are playing those games on FIFA calendar dates, plus we're not attractive to them because we're not in the World Cup mix," Burrell said on Wednesday in announcing the Panama contest.
    The Burrell administration was busy these past weeks deflecting media flak for the Boyz's inactivity on the last two FIFA calendar dates of March 28 and April 1.
    For the March date, the JFF was in fact in advanced negotiations for a match against Oman in Muscat, but the Gulf state decided late to play South Africa instead.
    The senior team's last friendly international was played on the first FIFA date of the year, February 11 in London, when they played to an entertaining 0-0 tie with Nigeria's Super Eagles.
    The matches between Haiti and Panama will provide the Reggae Boyz with their final tune-up ahead of the CONCACAF Gold Cup which runs from July 3-26 in 13 US cities.
    Haiti, like Jamaica, are out of World Cup contention but will join their Caribbean neighbours in the Gold Cup. Ranked a modest 119 by FIFA, Haiti will contest Group B alongside the USA, Honduras and Digicel Caribbean Championships runners-up Grenada.
    Jamaica, who won the regional championships, will compete in Group A alongside Canada, Costa Rica and El Salvador, while Panama contest Group C with Guadeloupe, Mexico and Nicaragua.

10. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Lots of super talents never make it, probably he is not the only one from that PSG youth team squad

I have personally played with lots of players, (and you probably as well), and I will never say that the best of them had better careers than some others with less talent, luck is extremely important factor in the career of a player

Nevertheless, sorry for him of course

11. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    New haitian player from French 2nd division Club Vannes. His name is Kennel Pierre- Louis. He is an offensive midfielder.

Présentation DU JOUEUR
    Nom : PIERRE-LOUIS
    Prénom : Kennel
    Date de naissance :
    Poids : kg
    Taille :
    Nationalité : France
    Nom de l'équipe : Vannes
    Poste : Milieu
    Numéro de maillot : 0Nombre de matchs joués 0

Nombre de buts marqués 0 ( dont 0 penaltys)

Nombre de cartons jaunes 0

Nombre de cartons rouges 0

12. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    New haitian player from French 2nd division Club Vannes. His name is Kennel Pierre- Louis. He is an offensive midfielder.

Présentation DU JOUEUR
    Nom : PIERRE-LOUIS
    Prénom : Kennel
    Date de naissance :
    Poids : 75kg
    Taille : 1m82
    Nationalité : France
    Nom de l'équipe : Vannes
    Poste : Milieu
    Numéro de maillot : 0Nombre de matchs joués 3

Nombre de buts marqués 0 ( dont 0 penaltys)

Nombre de cartons jaunes 0

Nombre de cartons rouges 0

13. SMerisier

SMerisier New Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Robins march on in Austria

Haitian defender jean francois lescinel scores only goal for swindon against Romanian outfit Universitatea Craiova.

RETOUR A L'ENTRAINEMENT

Haitian defender romain genevois has signed 2 year contract with Tours fc

14. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    Fabrice Noel in try out with Olympic Lyon and Le Mans in France

Fabrice Noel and Andres Cabrero headed to France?
    August 10, 2009

The rumors were flying around, but now there is some confirmation – Islanders players Fabrice Noel and Andres Cabrero are headed to France for tryouts with several Ligue 1 clubs.

Noel and Cabrero have the same agent, so for both of them to leave at the same time is no big surprise. Originally the players were rumored to be heading to Portugal but not it seems the destination has changed. Two Ligue 1 teams, the top futbol flight in France, have been mentioned in particular – Olympique Lyonnais and Le Mans Union Club 72. The players will be in Europe for around two weeks trying out for several teams.

Andres Cabrero is a young star player with both the Puerto Rico Islanders and the Puerto Rico national team. Many observers have from an early age predicted a bright future for Cabrero and also see him as future key player of the national team. If he did eventually sign with a Ligue 1 club – it would be the biggest signing of a Puerto Rican born and developed futbol player in modern history. Any French club signing him should expect to ship large quantities of Cabrero jerseys to Puerto Rico right after it’s made official.

Andres Cabrero

Fabrice Noel is an ex-MLS Haitian player that has been with the Islanders since 2007. He played with the Colorado Rapid of MLS from 2005 to 2006 and then moved to Puerto Rico. This summer, Noel impressed many with his top play for the Haitian national team during the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

We’ll have more information as soon as it’s available.

Source: Pasion Naranja

La "Concachampions" sacó lo mejor de los Islanders
    lunes, 10 de agosto de 2009
    Esteban Pagán Rivera / Primera Hora

Una vez más, la Liga de Campeones de la Concacaf sacó lo mejor de los Islanders de Puerto Rico.

En su primer partido en la United Soccer Leagues (USL) luego de eliminar al Toronto FC en la ronda preliminar de la “Concachampions”, la Tropa Naranaja dio una increíble muestra de superioridad al golear, 4-0, al Miami FC Blues el pasado sábado en el estadio Juan Ramón Loubriel.

Cristian Arrieta (minuto 11), Nicholas Addlery (32), Josh Hansen (57) y Scott Jones (81) anotaron los goles naranja en la victoria con mayor margen de ventaja en lo que va de año.

“Antes, cuando jugábamos contra equipos inferiores, nuestro problema era que subestimábamos mucho el adversario. Teníamos que ganar solamente porque éramos Puerto Rico Islanders, y eso no es así en el fútbol”, expresó ayer Arrieta a Primera Hora.

“La Concacaf, al igual que el año pasado, nos dio mucha confianza. Nos metimos en la cabeza que si pudimos ganarle a Toronto, no podíamos perder contra Miami. La confianza en este deporte es importante”, añadió Arrieta, quien marcó el sábado su octavo gol de la temporada.

Los Islanders, que jugaron sus siete partidos de julio en la carretera, tendrán un merecido descanso hasta su próximo compromiso el sábado, cuando reciban al Impact de Montreal en el Loubriel.
    Noel se probará

El delantero haitiano de la Tropa Naranja , Fabrice Noel, estará fuera de la Isla aproximadamente dos semanas en lo que participa en unos campos de entrenamiento en Francia.

El director técnico Colin Clarke explicó ayer a este diario que Noel recibió permiso para ser evaluado por varios equipos de la primera división francesa, entre ellos el reconocido Olympique de Lyon.

15. Riben

Riben Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Miami
    Young Player in Ligue 2 France.
    http://www.eaguingamp.com/affiche_photo.php?nb=3694

Hervé Bazile (born March 18, 1990 in France) is a French footballer of Haitian descent who currently plays for Ligue 2 side En Avant Guingamp.

Full name Hervé Bazile Date of birth March 18, 1990 (1990-03-18) (age 19) Place of birth France Height 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m) Playing position Attacking midfielder and Striker

http://www.eag-tv.com/

16. Makandal

Makandal Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Cambridge, MA (USA)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Will keep an eye on Bazile

17. Riben

Riben Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Miami
    Jean-Jacques Pierre: "Playing in Nantes, is a proud"
    Monday, 21 September 2009

[​IMG]

Jean-Jacques Pierre found the pleasure to play and grow in Nantes. Photo: Michel Fraudeau

League 2. FC Nantes. Captain Bastia Friday evening, Nantes defender delivered a solid part. The Haitian International has turned the page of the torments of the past year. And appears transformed.

Jean-Jacques on Friday night you were the captain of FC Nantes Bastia. What does this armband for you?

First, I just replaced Harlington (Shereni). But it is extremely pleasure of course. Captain of FC Nantes, it is not obtained like that, he must deserve, we must work on the field and show the discipline outside.

How do you feel after the end of last season where you want to go and where you held a muscular discourse vis-à-vis the leaders?

The speech in question was mostly in reaction to what had been said about the players who had experienced the descent in 2007. I am human, so I responded. Maybe I would not have been answered, but I was concerned by such criticism. I am someone who has pride on the field and off, I like to meet me. The idea was to continue playing for FC Nantes, but also experience something else besides, if the opportunity arose.

You feel good in your game since the beginning of the season. Almost processed ...

Possibly. I care less of things that do not concern me. I try to do what I have to do on the field. When I miss a few games, I try not to Gamberger. And to put things into perspective in considering me as a human being who makes mistakes and does everything to go back to the front.

This approach is new to you?

Yes, I complicating things too much on the ground, especially on my raises. I was looking for the perfect pass but difficult, whereas later, there was a better solution. Today I found the simplicity and concentration on the release of balloons for my partners.

The group seems healthier than last year ...

Many things have changed. This is my 5th season with FC Nantes and Claudiu (Keserü), Tony (Heurtebis) and William (Winner), it is part of the last survivors. Many players make their desire and know-how. There are smiles and good humor, as with Darch'par example, and it can help do many things for later. Now, do not rush things. We can do better and the life of the group is very important for that.

Tell us about your association with Sambou in central defense.

Communication is very important us. We get on very well. In terms of mindset, it is the same level: always give more and reassure the team behind. It is set up. We're five games all, there are always adjustments to find, but it's gone. Offensively, with the current team, we'll always score a goal. It suffices for us not to cash it.

Nantes is the leader before Caen does not play tonight. Is this the place of the FCN?

His place is in Ligue 1. Being a leader, it means even more to defend the jersey, the club and the city. We have a goal: to remain undefeated at home because we want to return to the elite. We at FC Nantes then we will not hide. The lift is the goal. Playing FC Nantes it should be a privilege and pride. The best message to convey, it is the determination that we show to get there.

Source: Anytown

18. Riben

Riben Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Miami
    Jean-Eudes Maurice
    [​IMG]
    Jean-Eudes Maurice (born 21 June 1986 in Alfortville, France) is a Franco-Haitian footballer who currently plays for Ligue 1 side Paris Saint-Germain.

Author's first goal with the pros against Boulogne / Mer (1-0), Jean-Eudes Maurice evokes the highlights of his young career.

Jean-Eudes, you scored your first goal with the pros against Boulogne / Mer (1-0) in League Cup. How do you live now?
    "This is an overflowing Younousse Sankharé who passes me the ball in the shaft. I see that the goalkeeper is a bit advanced control and I try to wrap up. I am fortunate that the ball goes. It's my first goal in pro and it's nice. It's good but do not stop there. I'll try to give our best to mark other. "
    The League Cup is it an opportunity?
    "Yes. If we can have a maximum playing time in the League Cup, why not? Do not neglect it. It should go far in this cup. I hope anyway. It is already the next round against Guingamp. It will be tough but hopefully we'll pass. "

Last season, fans discovered Parisian thee against Kiev (0-0 on 09/04/09 in the quarter-final first leg UEFA Cup). How did you feel when entering into play?

"It was fifteen minutes, I have not had time to calculate. I'm back and it's true that I was a little shy. I worked hard for it and am better prepared in my head this year, so I hope to give even more happiness to the fans. "

There are a lot of young strikers at PSG as Yannick Boli, Loris Arnaud or you. How is the agreement between you?
    "It went well. We are aware that it must work. It will give tips when it is necessary and even if we know that there is competition, it works and the best will play. "

What personal goals did you set this season?
    "Playing a little more, even if there are attackers as Guillaume Hoarau, Péguy Luyindula, Mevlut Erding ... have a maximum playing time and why not score goals. I want to score, show me and let me know. "

You were born in Alfortville and played for the club of your city before signing for PSG. What PSG meant to you?
    "It was a club that made me dream. I started watching the PSG with players like Weah. Today, I am fortunate to be there so I take up and do not take my head. I was recruited by Pierre Reynaud, when I was in DH. I changed one year with the CFA before signing pro. Six months after I started training with the pros. I then had the chance to extend my contract for three years and to score my first goal. I hope it will continue! "

Source: Ashaps

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJk9aK3A6aI"]YouTube - Boulogne 0-1 PSG CDL But Maurice[/ame]

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    has he been givin a call up?? or has he been featured in any youth levels for Haiti?

20. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    Will be in the future with the senior team.

21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    so what would the team look like with all these youth players??

22. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    i think we are going to have a better quality team in the future. we are also going to have the reserve keeper of Colorado Rapids, Steward Ceus.
    There is big hope

sony nordé, 20, on loan to san luis Potosi in mexico from Boca Junior reserve

judelin aveska , 21, independiente rivadavia in Argentina

jean sony, 23, leixoes in Portugal

peterson joseph ,19, sc braga in portugal

james marcelin, 23, islanders

listner pierre-louis, 20, oc vannes in france

vaniel sirin, 20 ,who surely going to sign with austin aztex

there is hope as i say

23. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    You can add defender Mechak Jerome to that list he's only 19 and has (at least) 14 caps.

I think he plays overseas but I'm not sure

24. SMerisier

SMerisier New Member

Nov 7, 2007
    [​IMG]
    ASHAPS.-After winning in 2002, the closing tournament of the national championship Digicel, Racing Club Haitien, destroyer of the Black Eagle (2-1) tonight at the Sylvio Cator stadium, took the defeat of his rival The Violet, beaten (0-2) by ASSL to add another trophy to his high ranking, despite the victory of Cavaly against ASM.
    Seven (7) years after his coronation in the last National Championship D1, Racing Club Haitien took control of Haitian football tonight by winning the tournament championship closure Digicel 2009. Before the fifteenth day, they were five clubs who wanted to steal the supreme title. Opposed to the Black Eagle in a battle reminiscent of the prosperous period of the cup Pradel, the RCH who bowed (0-1) face the Victory SC at the (14th) day, has recovered well beating his opponent on the day the score (2-1).
    The protected Dorvilus Peter Andre have been pushed to the end to overcome the Black Eagle, who wanted at all costs, however avoid the roadblocks. Moreover, it is the Yellow Racing who started the hostilities by opening the scoring by Darlin Thoby but was not counting Fritzson Jean-Baptiste, who was able to restore the balance before the break. Back to the locker room, Jeff Theodore scored the winning goal of the Racing Club Haitien which was finally imposed on the score (2-1).
    At the same time, Violet was surprised (0-2) at Nelson Park Little Brother by the local team, the ASSL. The two goals of the party have been the work Christmas Eve and Kelly River. For its part, the Cavaly Léogâne (28) points, victorious (1-0) AS Mirebalais through a goal scored on penalty kick by Kimberly Francis has taken the title of vice-champion national equal points with Racing Club Haitien since bowed (1-2) against the colts of Peter Andre.
    Winner last year's National Championship D2, Racing Club Haitien wins third title in the D1 national championship after winning in (2000) (2002).
    For the remaining three matches have resulted in the goalless draw in (0-0), are respectively the Victory against the Storm, the cons ASCAR the Dynamite and the Don Bosco facing Racing FC. In the battle pitting the two teams already relegated to D2, the JSC has taken the best at the expense of ASPDIF (2-0). For its part, has become Baltimore (2-0) against the CSA for possession of seventh place overall. Luxen ELESTINA and Walson Augustin were the executioners of the team Capoise.
    Here are the winners of the Racing Club Haitien
    CONCACAF Champions Clubs: 1 time champion (1963)
    National Championship D1: 3 times champion (2000, 2002 and 2009) and 4 times runner-up (1984/90/91 and 93)
    National Championship D2: 1 time champion 2008
    Pradel Cup: 26 times champion
    1931/32/33/34/35/37/38/41/46/47/53/54/55/56/57/58/62/63/66/67/69/72/74/77 and 81
    Champion Haiti: 8 times champion
    International Tournaments
    Champion Tournament Haiti-Jamaica: 1932
    Champion Tournament Kaska Jamaica: 1970
    Champion Tournament Haiti-Brazil: 1991
    National tournaments: 15 times champion
    Olympic Tournament: 4 titles

[​IMG]
    Haiti international leonel st.preux on trial at ho chi minh city in vietnam

25. SMerisier

SMerisier New Member

Nov 7, 2007