Haiti - Suriname (Aug 20), WC qual (r)

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by MrEleganza, Aug 20, 2008.

1. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Re: Haiti - Suriname (Aug 20) - [R]

Actually yes....if you know your football you will understand that when a team dominates a game and misses too many chances....the opposing team can easily counter attack and it could result in a goal. That is exactly what happened. If we continue missing goals like that...we are in big trouble. We do have reenforcement for the next game vs El Salavador with some players playing abroad...so hopefuly that will help.

2. Makandal

Makandal Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Cambridge, MA (USA)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

What are you talking about? Like you've never seen a team dominating a game, yet ended up being the one losing. Read Pace8's post above.

3. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam

Pace8

Haiti is a good team,better than our Surinamese team for so far i have seen,but how come that Haiti missed so many goals????Maybe i'm wrong but it seems to me that they don't have realy good strikers and they must do something abouth it very quickly!

We Surinamese have the problem that we don't have good defenders and if our coach doing nothing abouth it,than soon Suriname will be kicked out by Costa Rica and El Salvador.Do remember that we are playing with amatures and that Suriname is not using any Surinamese professional from the Dutch while every other country in the CONCACAF using professionals over see!

4. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

I can see where you guys are coming from, but fact is, when i see a team leading 2-0, and then go on to draw 2-2 with only a few minutes left to spare, I'm more inclined to say that the team that got the draw was the lucky won, rather than the team that lost the win. Fair enough Haiti had plenty of shots at goal, but as i'm sure you know, that counts for nothing unless those shots go past the keeper. Suriname may well have only had two shots and scored from both, but i just can't see how you can call a team leading a game by 2 goals with 1 minute left, "lucky" to get a draw. If anything, Haiti was the lucky won to score in extra time and get themselves atleast a point.

5. Makandal

Makandal Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Cambridge, MA (USA)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

What you saying is a good point if all you're basing your conclusion on is the scoreboard but as you probably know when you watch the game, it may tell a completely different story. In this case, it does. You can't possibly watch the game and afterward feeling that Suriname kicked Haiti's ass and Haiti were lucky to come out of it with 1 points. They were unlucky not to come out of it with 3.

6. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

You are completely right we have a big striker problem. No one to finish. We do have reenforcement for the next game like Jean Eudes Maurice from Paris St-Germain in Ligue 1 ( forward), Abel Thermeus...on tryout with Udinese in Seria A, ( forward), Sony Norde from Boca Juniors ( Offensive mid) and last but not least..believe it or not coach Wagneau Eloi might suit up for the game ( he once was a very prolific scorer in Ligue 1..he can score). So hopefully these guys can turn things around.

7. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam

Pace8,i think that Haiti will make it this time,they have a lot of good quality players and i'm sure that they will solve this strike problem.Haiti always played very impressive football.

Sadly for us,i don't think we gonna make it against strong Costa Rica and El Salvador,we have to many weak areas and i think there is no way that our coach Kenneth Jaliens can fix these problems in a very short time.He already used his best players and i think this is the highest stage that Suriname have ever reached for so far.

Ofcourse,i still hope for a miracle,but we need all the skills and all the wisdom from our brothers in the Netherlands,otherwise it will be very hard to get up.But for so far,they have done everything they can,and i'm happy with it.Atleast they are doing there best,and that's what's count!

8. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Surinam and Haiti have never reached the Hex. El Salvador hasn't made the hex since 1997, and they finished 5th then. So one of these three will make history. Haiti had a tough first result, but neither El Salvador or Surinam looks that impressive either.

9. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

Do you think that if Suriname can reach the hex that some of the players from Holland with Surinamese origins who have not been capped by a national team yet might come back to play for Suriname to help them reach the World Cup? Or do you think these players will continue to hold out and hope for Holland to call on them?

I am surprised that at least SOME players did not come play for Suriname when they reached the semifinals.

Do you know how much (if any) the Suriname federation is doing to find players in Holland (and elsewhere) to bring to the national team? This seems like a great recruiting tool - being in the last 12 with a legit chance to reach the last 6 (and from there, needing to only finish top 4 to possibly reach the World Cup!)

Also what prominent players might Suriname possibly be able to call on from Europe (players who are eligible for Suriname AND have NOT been capped by Holland)? Surely there are a few.

10. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

Just looking around the internet I came up with a decent sized list of players who are eligible to play for Suriname and have NOT played for Holland yet. Is there any chance some of these players might be called on (and accept the call) for Suriname?

Purrel Fränkel of De Graafschap
    Chedric Seedorf of AC Milan
    Stefano Seedorf of Veria FC
    Sigourney Bandjar of Excelsior Rotterdam
    Edson Braafheid of FC Twente
    Lorenzo Davids of NEC Nijmegen
    Mark de Vries of Dundee United
    Darl Douglas of Willem II
    Kurt Elshot of NAC Breda
    Ray Fränkel of Antwerp FC
    Cerezo Fung a Wing of De Graafschap
    Leroy George of FC Utrecht
    Samuel Koejoe of Wacker Innsbruck
    Dwight Tiendalli of Feyenoord (on loan to Sparta Rotterdam)
    Fabian Wilnis of Grays Athletic
    Nordin Wooter of AEK Larnaca

11. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam

ZeekLTK

It's very hard to say what Suriname will do if they the reach the next semifinals.But i can insure you that something is going to happen in Suriname in the future if it comes to international football.A few months ago,coach Kenneth Jaliens contacted president Venetiaan from Suriname and Kenneth convinced our president that something MUST be done abouth our Surinamese team.Because it's very frustrating that everytime when there are worldcup qualifyings,Suriname always get knockout that easely while everybody knows that Suriname is having a huge list on professionals over see.

Our Surinamese president told coach Kenneth that he's finally is ready to suport the SVB football federation financial and to do something about the law (because Suriname is not allowing dubble citizenship),but only if Suriname could reach the second round.Whel,they have done that,we have even reach the third round by upsetting and winning from Guyana with 1-0 at home and away with 2-1.This was very surprisingly because Guyana used profesional players from europe,but still they couldn't beat our Surinamese amateurs.

Our president from Suriname finally contacted the prime minister (Jan Peter Balkenende) from Holland after his promises to coach Kenneth Jaliens. Both ministers having an agreement to introduce a "sportpassport" what presisly means that in the main future Suriname will be able to call our Surinamese professionals to play for Suriname.

I really can't tell you on which day,month,or year they want to establish there plans.Because i think that such political decision will take some time and we have to wait until this wil come treu.
    So our Surinamese football federation is very busy and they are working very hard to get those young talented footballplayers at a higher level,but as you maybe already have noticed,they are facing many problems and one of the big issues is money.And that's why most talented Surinamese stars or atleast there parents (like Ruud Gullit,Frank Rijkaard,Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink,Clarence Seedorf,Edgar Davids en so on) left the country so early,because as soon when you can urn miljons and miljons of dollars or euro's,you will not stay,even if it is your homeland,you will leave your country and play outside.It's a disgrace and sadly for the country,but everyone would have done the same thing!But we cannot blaim those players who left Suriname,because if Suriname would have done anything to keep those players and payed them like all other profesionals,Then Suriname could be one of the biggest CONCACAF forse and the country could make history,again and again!So we have to blaim those Surinamese politicians!I remember that Suriname only reach one title in the CFU history by winning all the matches and that was the greatest succes for Suriname.If i'm correct,it was in 1977.

Abouth the players you have listed,i could be wrong on this,because i don't know what our president and how fast he's gonna work on that law,but it seems to me that it is unlikly that there will be Surinamese players from the Dutch to play for there country.Even if you have not played for the Dutch national team and having a Dutch Passport,you still cannot play for Suriname because of that STUPID FOOLISH law!!!!And i'm afraid we have to do it with our local amateurs.

12. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam

It's maybe also intresting the know that the Surinamese coach (Kenneth Jaliens) is the uncle of the Dutch Surinamese player Kew Jaliens (defender of AZ Alkmaar).
    Kew Jaliens also was selected for the Dutch national team in 2006 by the KNVB Dutch football federation.
    [​IMG]

13. Kingston-King

Kingston-King Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Jamaica
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica

You will not succeed anyway,Haiti played horrible and they will continue play horrible:D

1e Haiti could not defeat NA and your team get lucky because NA scored at there one goal;)

14. Kingston-King

Kingston-King Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Jamaica
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica

What makes you think that these guys would turn things around?I repeat,Haiti wil struggle again,they cold not defeat NA and now Suriname wil give your team a lesson at home,no matter what players you bring in.

;)Warlord is so wright about you losers.

Everytime when you Haitians make a mess-up,you Haitians come with excuses.

Forget about it pal,it's all done for your team:D

15. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

Here is what I said after the game:
    '' Horrible horrible game by Haiti. We managed to come back in the final minutes but still..this should have been an easy win. We have a scoring problem...at least 9 clear open net style scoring chances. I'll take the 1pt under the circumstances and hope for reenforcement for the next 2 games''

of course...that sounds like an excuse. How about you learn to write english before you post then maybe you will be taken seriously. Are you and warlord together? Never seen someone suck up to another on a forum like this lol. Pathetic..

16. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

Haha worry about Jamaica not finishing last in their group before talking about others lol

17. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

18. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

We're not worried. The boyz will be fine but one thing I know for sure is that Haiti is going home after this round. Now go head and by your Reggaeboyz and Socawarriors shirts like all the other fans of CFU teams already eliminated and get behind us. We are your only hope of seeing a caribbean team in SA 2010.:D

19. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

20. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

Both T&T and Jamaica will be out. Jamaica will finish at the bottom of their group, T&T have a better chance but probably wont make it out of their group. Cant wait to see what excuse you are going to use when Haiti makes it to the HEX. I'm guessing something along the lines of : '' ohhhh you guys have nothing to be proud of, you played amateurs in Suriname and an El Salvador C team''. lol same excuse you used when we won the digicel cup.
    Im sure your going to hide when Mexico beats Jamaica like you always hide and not comment when Jamaica loses and god knows it has happened often in the past years lol. Remember that asian tour?

21. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

watever you say chump.:p

22. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

23. Kingston-King

Kingston-King Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Jamaica
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica

Ladies and Gentlemen,this Haitian sucker could not explain why there team almost lost there game at home.They thought that they could win this match easily.First he came with an excuse that Haiti is having a score problem,now he tells me that i must write proper English,and then he comes with another excuse that they could score for at least 9 clear shots (BUT THEY DIDN"T;)),but still he's angry and stuck in his useless brainhead.It's clearly that he can't go anywhere with his excuses:D

24. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

Hahaha I am stuck in my useless brainhead? loll what the hell does that even mean? How old are you anyway? Boy go learn english first, then come back. Now ''King Kingston'', you say that this ''haitian sucker'' could not explain why his team lost but then you say that I gave an explanation of why I think we didnt win ...Which one is it? Am I using excuses or am I not? lolll
    An excuse my friend is when one says for example '' ohhhhh we lost cause we didnt have all our players...we had our C team'' ( warlord uses that one alot). Or ''ohhhhh we lost because we had a young inexperienced team''
    ( another popular warlord excuse). Thoses are excuses. Saying that your team had 15 shots on goal but couldnt seem to score is not an excuse but a fact or a criticism, which ever way you want to put it. I dont understand how you dont get that. I mean isn't english your island's official language? lol

25. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

Hehe....dont you have to be 13 to be a member of this site? You shouldnt lie about your age like that. Like I said to your little friend...this is only a forum...not real life dont take it too seriously man!