Hail to the Chief - The New Coach Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least Conte will bring our balls back. With Allegri, itll just get worse each year.

2. Rob V

Rob V New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Aug 1, 2017
    He wouldn’t be my first choice, but he’s not a step back. Someone who was on the wish list of some of the biggest clubs in the world and had won 4 titles in two countries before he is 50, is not a step back.

3. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    I get it. But there is a reason he ran away from Juve and "ran away" from Chelsea with jobs unfinished. He is problematic. And his tenure in Champions league was by no means a success.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Judging by the way his teams play in Europe, he's a step back.

5. Rob V

Rob V New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Aug 1, 2017
    “Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forwards...”

Sorry I was in a management meeting all day, so sort of had to write that!

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, no thanks on Conte. Not after the way he moaned about management and the way he left the club. Thanks for the Scudetti, but that was it, he was a failure in Europe for Juve and Chelsea.

7. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That for me really is the Rubicon more than anything else.

He was never going to be any more "at home" than at Juventus. This club was his identity even before he put on a shirt for us. So for him to leave us like that, the way that he did...

A total livewire, way too volatile. His time at the club has past.

juveeer and Dante repped this.
  8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Momblano:

Allegri has said that he wants to stay and has put the ball back in Agnelli’s court, ultimately it's his decision and we've all seen what he can do if he wants change. Allegri was in good standing with the board, but after Madrid and the 2nd leg with Ajax that's pretty much disappeared.

Allegri is also open to taking a season off, he reportedly has no offers. Ultimately many believe it's 50/50 with him remaining.

Nedved is tired of Allegri. He wanted the team to play more offensively and wants Conte back (not sure how he sees Conte as being more offensively).

Conte would come back in a heartbeat , but Bayern Munich are wooing Conte, but Conte prefers Juve.

Deschamps is the other candidate, but with the possibility of winning Euro 2020 with France.

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If Nedved is fed up and Agnelli is indecisive, there's only one person left that hasn't said a word and can make the decision for them, Elkann. I'm sure John is royally pissed off at this situation and I can't wait to hear what he thinks

scirea6 repped this.
  10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sky Sports is now claiming that Juve have held preliminary talks with Conte.

WTF is going on here? It's like management has learned nothing. Conte at best is a lateral move, but it's more of a step backwards. Do they forget how badly he performed in Europe?

11. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    I hope it is just due diligence, mere formality. If they really consider Conte, then I don't know what to say.

12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Just ignore all of the rumors. When something happens, it will happen.

13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    His ego is too fragile to take his lumps in the CL. Which he will again with his tactical approach.

We need to move forward.....unless we can talk Lippi into coaching again.

Dante repped this.
  14. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He probably won't say a word to the media, people will just be sacked.

Delusions that this is going to imitate the return of Marcello Lippi, willfully ignoring the fact that Conte is no Lippi, especially in Europe.

If he really does return to the club, there's going to have to be a show of some serious penance and apologetics to the fans. He's not the invincible hero to the supporters that he once was and we're not coming off of a seventh place finish in the league.

A fool's move, if there's any truth to it.

juveeer and juventino13 repped this.
  15. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yeah, that's what I'm going to take away from this rumor. The rest is noise.

LMAO I just be he would.

No thanks.

16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I doubt he speaks out publicly.

You will "hear" him by what Agnelli decides to do. IF Agnelli is retained!

I think he will be given his position in Euro club football right now, but he has bet a lot on Max, Ronaldo and Paratici. I think he gets another year to right the ship and maybe Max gets one more too so we can get Deschamps next summer.

he has already won the ultimate knock-out competition and is in line to win the Euros too.

17. Rob V

Rob V New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Aug 1, 2017
    Let’s draw a line. I won’t cry and I will give 100% support to Conte, as despite his acrimonious exit in 2014, gave so much as a player and manager. But....I don’t want him to come back (at least at the moment...)
    We need a less pragmatic coach.
    The options are limited- I get it, and I don’t dislike him, but it’s time to change Allegri.

18. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont understand this Conte failed in Europe thing....he had 2 seasons in CL...first was great, kicked out champs, 1st place in group, destroyed Celtic 5-0 that beat Barcelona in groups....and lost to eventual champs Bayern who thrashed Barca 7-0 right after us. Very good for 1st season

2nd season he was grouped with eventual champs RM who he lost 2-0 and tied 2-2 (unfair red to chiellini in one of the games) then last game with Galatasaray played on frozen mud!

What was our biggest spending during Conte? Tevez for 10m?

How much did we spend for Allegri? Like 300m on attack alone....along with 80m worth of fullbacks that Conte didnt have

So ya its not exactly comparing apples and apples

L'immortale and Rob V repped this.
  19. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm a Allergi supporter here. But after this embarassing CL exit, I'm begin to think perhaps we should give Conte another chance.

20. Rob V

Rob V New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Aug 1, 2017
    THIS...

Totally agree. I’m still not saying I want Conte, but let’s not make out he was clueless in Europe. He’s a good coach. Whether he’s right or not for us is a totally separate debate. His performance in Europe is a non-starter as a conversation piece

Daei_10 repped this.
  21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Conte was clueless in Istanbul. Enough said.

usnroach and Dante repped this.
  22. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He also did not do well with Chelski.

Dante repped this.
  23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Conte was also clueless when Juve was in the EL and the final was played at Juve stadium.

usnroach, juveeer and Falc repped this.
  24. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    We couldn't break down Benfica's bunker and 90 minutes of time wasting.