Hacking, Vodka And Dashboard Cams - FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. I know I will take some heat for this because posters on here get a hard on trashing Morata, but who is Spain gonna turn to when they need a goal - Iago Aspas? Lucas Vasquez? Rodrigo? Keep in mind Morata is also very good in the air and with his back to goal.

This is why I say Belgium is still not a favorite. Similar to France who couldn't get a goal in 120 minutes at home against a Ronaldoless Portugal.

2. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Iniesta is on the team isn't he? I'd say he's pretty clutch player. He's turned up when Spain and Barcelona needed goals.

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For international football, Lukaku and Hazard are more than enough.

4. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lukaku has been very good for Belgium in the last two years. He lacks the technique to be considered absolute world-class, but he's still a very good striker.
    Hazard has been impressive in the warm-up games. Let's see if he can bring that form to the tournament proper.

5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Way too old now imho. I am hoping Isco steps up.

As someone previously said they have more than enough quality to pass the ball around and try and win it like that but i think they will struggle badly vs strong opponents.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All the guys Chelsea turned to when they needed a goal are not allowed to play for Spain.

7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Watching Austria-Brazil now.... Neymar just scored another goal.

8. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have decided that I will root for Costa Rica.

Final - Costa Rica vs Argentina.

Keylor saves Messi penalty and crowns Costa Rica champions.

Lyra, Deep Pal, Excape Goat and 2 others repped this.
  9. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not even close to being true. Pedro? Cesc?

Marco Alonso based on last seasons form is Spain's best LB and is definitely a player who can get forward and score goals.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's also lucky he is still allowed to be a free man

Saeta Rubia, AriGold and yoanaidarov repped this.
  11. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Based on his form he will be the best LB in the Prison Team Starting XI as well.

Deep Pal and AriGold repped this.
  12. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Really? He's the same age Zidane was in the 2006 World Cup; less than a year older than Ronaldo, less than 2 years older than Ramos and Silva.

13. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I had Spain vs Brazil in the final before the sacking.

Am I the only one who remembers our lackluster season after La Decima with Heirro at the assistant after ZZ? Not blaming him for our issues that year at all but I distinctly remember talk( on this board) of how a change in some of the coaching staff may have had a part in the season.

Gonna be interesting to see how Spain does. On one hand I want them to fail for obvious reasons as well as what they did to our new manager but on the other hand, I'd hate to see Heirro take the fall for such a stupid move if/when Spain doesn't do as well as people expected them to do.

Lyra and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  14. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    What is Hierro gonna change in 2 days?
    He is a care taker nothing more. At most maybe some in game tweaks.

15. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    On the other thread, I said that Guti was groomed to be a future head coach for Real Madrid by the people who knew him and worked with him. They must know something about him that the general public did not know about.

Hierro was an assistant coach for a single year. It did not seem to have worked. He was never groomed to be a future head coach for Real Madrid by the people who knew him and worked with him.

Germany quickly promoted Lowe after 2006. They knew that he was the right candidate because they knew him. The same applied to Pep and Zidane. They were groomed to be a future head coach by the people who knew him and worked with him.

16. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Michigan coach was fired a day before March Madness and they went on to win the tourney. Pique referencing it as motivation.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Pique talking about unity is like a fundamentalist terrorist saying they are battling for freedom and rights.

madridista_hr, Lyra, CR7PT and 6 others repped this.
  18. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I never said he'd change anything. I'd say he will take the fall if they fail.

A caretaker during a World Cup? A manager who has little experience making "in game" tweaks in an international tournament against all major footballing nations? Recipe for disappointment.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There was a lot of talk that Löw was the one doing the work anyway, Klinsamnn was hired as the headcoach because he was popular and carried a positive message after a string of rather negative people on the job.

Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Don't forget about the psychology and all the theatrics that came with it.

21. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yeah probably.
    Hierro is their scapegoat in case the team fails. I would not judge Hierro's coaching abilities based on this tournament, either they succeed or fail. I think he was dumb to accept it.

22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Brazil has had Alberto Parreira and Scolari who both won the WC and had poor showings in 2006 and 2014. Maybe all you need is a good man manager for WC if you have superior talent. Spain has one of the best teams and many winners in the squad at club level. Also many other talented teams have meh managers like Deschamps. If the team is united, Spain could go far.

23. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Sampaoli's future in this WC is at stake. He is under rape allegations from a woman that he supposedly abused during the Albiceleste's preparation. He recieved the support of the AFA president. (Onze Mondial, Ouest France, Radio Mitre, Gabriel Anello)

24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    So all the world giants trying to sabotage their WC chances before the tournament starts?

raven3k and J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Spain aren’t just going to crumble here. There are strong personalities in the locker room who’ve won everything at this level.

If anything I see the Spanish side using this as motivation.