Hacking, Vodka And Dashboard Cams - FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Wife and daughter heading home for a month which happens to correspond with the tournament... Otoh I'll be very busy with work. Meh.

Shay Z repped this.
  2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I think what's great about this WC is that there are a lot of teams I could see winning it. Germany, Spain, Brazil, France, Argentina are very strong teams, and you could even make a case for Portugal or Croatia if they go on a magical run.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Well that's if you're only looking at the biggest teams.

There is more to this WC then them. Now the possibility of anyone outside of Brazil, Argentina, France, Spain and Germany is slim to none... but it's not just about the final. There are many stories and characters to see develop.

It's very exciting.

My excite = 100%

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    And Belgium if they can find the chemistry. Their group is a joke so they have time to build that chemistry. Batshuayi looked good last night.

Yannick Relens and Zidane05 repped this.
  5. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Argentina is an oudsider to me . Can't see them winning without extreme amounts of luck . They also play quite defensive given the players they have .

6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Belgium was a dark horse at WC 2014 and Euro 2016. They really haven't done anything to become a favorite. They are easily as talented as France, Germany, and Spain.

To me something seems off with the Germany and Spain teams, I feel like they are missing proven goal scorers (Villa, Torres, Klose, Podolski,).

Meanwhile Argentina, Brazil, and Columbia are all loaded with goal scorers.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Yes.... work.... muhuhauhahhaahaaaaa. :devilish: I wonder who booked the tickets for the fam this month. Nicely done sir.

This is so true. I was thinking about it the other day and couldn't come up with a single absolute favorite. Although I put Brazil and Spain very slightly ahead of Germany and France and Argentina just below them. And of course we'll have one team that comes out of nowhere.

I personally think Portugal will bomb in the this tournament.

ahnaf and natenate101 repped this.
  8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Wife booked the tickets or almost booked till I saw Emirates with two days in Dubai. I moved on that itinerary like a SWAT team.

janos audron repped this.
  9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    True, but that's a small sample size of failures - 2 tournaments. Most of the so-called "legit" contenders for this WC didn't do much better in WC'14 and Euro'16 / Copa America'16.

10. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't see argentine winning this at all. crap defense and goalkeeper and messi usually play shit in NT.
    Germany, Spain, France, Brazil and maybe Belgium (if they ever wake up in the WC) have a chance.

Yannick Relens repped this.
  11. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Guedes goals:

1004811505680953344 is not a valid tweet id

1004826465106472960 is not a valid tweet id

CR7PT and Shay Z repped this.
  12. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Brazil's defense is suspect.

Portugal is just Cristiano.

Croatia has a great midfield but I don't expect them to get past QF.

Belgium has a lot of individual talent, they could make some noise, but the best they could hope for is Semis.

It's between Spain, France, Germany and Saudi Arabia.

1ju9eu.png

ahnaf repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This isn't true this year...

Which probably isn't a good thing. :D

J-Mezzy and saadomar repped this.
  14. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ¡Cristiano es muy triste!

15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He's the boy who cried wolf. Mendes hasn't done him any favors here

16. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dude wants an extension AND double his salary...at the age of 34.

I'd ask him to listen to Kendrick Lamar's "humble." but I'd be kidding myself.

It'd be a dream to watch Cris and Ney play side by side. But that's a pipe dream now.

17. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like this Portugal team with Santos. he seems clever coach who knows how to get a result even play itself won't be nice. Quite flexible and he prepare decent tactics against tough streams. Can go far this year.

Excape Goat and CR7PT repped this.
  18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Spain doesn't have many "clutch players". The only ones they have now are Ramos and DDG, but that's defense, they are missing THAT player in attack imo and it's gonna cost them. Maybe Isco and Asensio can step up.

19. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    With Isco , Asensio , Saul , Koke , Iniesta , Silva they have so many players to keep the ball in the team and just pass the opponent asleep . Plus a good defence . They don t need that striker .

20. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We're not. Belgium has a great starting eleven when everybody's fit and 15-16 top-class players in the squad, but there's a clear drop-off after that. You can't compare that squad to the talent that Spain, Germany and France. Look at who they left at home.

I agree that we've underperformed in the last tournaments, especially at Euro 2016 where the road to the final was open. We've got a great generation, probably our best ever talent-wise, but we're below the top-tier contenders (Spain, Germany and Brazil; France and Argentina also). I think the group lacks that winning mentality that countries like Spain and Germany have.

21. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Just say it like it is . They are spoiled brats without any hart for the game . And that donkey left our only true warrior "el ninja" at home. Meh .

22. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    David Silva

23. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

agreed, but you dont really need squad depth for a world cup, its (6?) games, having 12-13 world class players is pretty much enough, and you guys have it, comparing player to player starting line up i'd put you above argentina, on the same level as the other 3, but yea, perfomance wise i agree you guys are bellow argentina as well

Prit Javier repped this.
  24. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Belgium has that donkey striker who plays for Man United Lukaku. We all know Hazard is a tad overrated.

25. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Kevin de Bruyne is our only world class player . Boy do I hope he will wear the mighty white shirt one day .