Ha Ho He Hertha BSC [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Epitome990, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  2. bongsandthongs

bongsandthongs New Member

Sep 19, 2016
    How has Brooks looked over the course of the season? Only game I saw was the BVB game and he certainly is passing the look test. Has he continued his form from the Copa?

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Brooks missed a few games back in September due to an injury, but otherwise he's been a steady and reliable presence this season. Solid performances against Dortmund and Köln to keep pace among top of the Bundesliga table.

bongsandthongs repped this.
  4. herthabsc

herthabsc Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Agreed.

Last year he'd look stellar for 2 games and then look like a rec league player on the third. Although he's hasn't played that many matches so far he looks much more consistent this year.

5. bongsandthongs

Sep 19, 2016
    Great to hear. I'm a huge fan, and think he will be a world class CB, if he isn't already...and I suspect he is.

6. herthabsc

herthabsc Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Due respect and all but that's pretty over the top.

He appears to have matured from an inconsistent but promising junior player into a dependable Bundesliga CB - assuming an 8-10 game run of no game-threatening mental blackouts is a sign of development and not a streak, which it's much too early to tell definitively.

He shows significant potential to become very good in the years to come... but so do lots of 23 year olds, and the majority don't get there. And he has miles and years to go before "world class" should even be in the same sentence.

At Brooks' age Kevin-Prince was on his way to being a big star and Jerome was a player who had already failed to live up to his promise.

7. bongsandthongs

Sep 19, 2016
    His performance at the Copa was certainly world class. Like I said, I think he will be a world class CB. He has all the tools and has demonstrated elite performance across a major international tournament. Is he there yet? Probably not, but we will have a much better idea after this season. If Hertha can qualify for CL next year, that will also play a major role in his development.

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.bz-berlin.de/berlin-sport/hertha-bsc/arne-maier-ist-pal-dardais-naechstes-juwel

Arne Maier is Pal Dardai's next jewel

[​IMG]

U17 national player Arne Maier played 45 minutes in the test match against Regionalliga side Viktoria 1889. The coach is thrilled by the midfielder and hopes even to an early contract extension.

When Arne Maier (17) pushes the ball forward with great strides, coach Pal Dardai always snaps his tongue with enthusiasm. Coach: "The ball control by Arne is excellent. He's an absolute exception, I know he's on the list for scouts from all over the world."

That is why Maier will also extend his contract with Hertha in January 2017 - when he turns 18. For Dardai, the U17 national player will get his chance soon.

Dardai: "He has his strengths in the midfield, and is incredibly present in the game. He's already doing things that can not be learned. He only has to increase his defensive work." Hertha's next jewel will be going to their training camp in Mallorca (January 7th to 14th).

Dardai has known the top talent since his work as a U15 coach for the club. "Arne was so good in youth that he always had to play with the older ones."

9. herthabsc

herthabsc Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Not news, but a vent about English-language coverage of the Old Lady:

No commentator in the anglosphere seems to understand just how poor we are, or how it really should be the story of the BuLi that the club with the 4th lowest payroll in the league has managed to do as well as we have for the past 2 seasons. In financial terms we are doing a touch better than Ingolstadt, and punching enormously above our weight for those limitations.

I first noticed it during RBL-Hertha when all commentators talked about RBL as this huge underdog, although they have a significantly higher payroll. Since then, every game, playing against richer, deeper teams. We've made this huge accomplishment against steep odds and it's not even noticed. It's infuriating.

Sir Niney repped this.
  10. herthabsc

herthabsc Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Welcome Davie Selke!

11. herthabsc

herthabsc Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Epitome990 - now that Brooks is gone and we don't even get the odd Ami visiting, looks like it's just you and me.

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    The Selke move is sensible and one that should benefit everyone involved. He's still quite young. Hopefully he puts in the work again and is able to get his career back on track.

13. Cazlon

Cazlon Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Pretoria/Berlin
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Looks like a 4-4-2 or 5-3-2 is on the cards, Selke certainly didn't sign as a backup. Leckie would be great as a shuttle winger in a 5-3-2, Weiser possibly as a fulltime attacking midfielder then ?

That would suit Dardai as well, for Hungary and in his early days as head coach for Hertha his intention seemed to be wing focussed play.

So two central defenders, one backup striker and a creative midfielder still need to come. Rekik ( left central defender ) and Pascal Koepke ( backup striker ) are already lined up according to German media, Torunarigha will replace Brooks. Would love Nuri Sahin without his injuries for midfield...Or a player like him.

14. herthabsc

herthabsc Member

Jun 20, 2007
    So proud of my club today.

Dr.Phil repped this.
  15. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hertha Berlin
    @HerthaBSC_EN
    As part of our training camp in the USA, we will play a friendly match against @eintracht_eng
    1/8/2020 St. Petersburg (Florida)01: 00 (CET) #teardownwallstour #hahohe

16. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team: