GW 25

Discussion in 'MLS: Fantasy' started by StuTheriot, Aug 7, 2013.

1. StuTheriot

StuTheriot Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Indiana
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Added Dempsey at $9.5 and Alvaro Sabario, dropped Higuain and Zusi (as he is questionable and I like to stay away from quad/hamstring strains).

Anyone know why Michel Garbini Pereira is in free fall?

2. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dempsey may not play this coming weekend due to a bout with the flu: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...ounders-debut-may-have-wait-depending-his-hea

Dallas has brought in new talent which has replaced Michel's OOP status at outside mid. His only option is to play at his listed defensive position, but it seems as if Dallas prefers other players in those positions at the moment. An injury, or two, to the Dallas midfield or defensive corp, could improve Michel's current standing.

3. StuTheriot

StuTheriot Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Indiana
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the insight. Wish I knew that before I lost $0.5

4. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Switching from Zusi to Dempsey may not be an entirely bad move. Dempsey's price is going to hold for at least 10 days (well into next GW) so, even if he doesn't play, no chance of his price dropping. On the other hand, Zusi has already dropped in value and probably will some more before he makes a comeback.

So, anyone wishing to jump back on the Zusi bandwagon later, will find it easier to do, due to his lower price.

Plus, in the end, Dempsey may get in 30 minutes, or so, and score a scorcher of a goal! ;)

5. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As BB noted, Dempsey's price is frozen for about 10 more days. I will see how he does, if he plays at Toronto and then make a decision. Ultimately, he will probably be a fixture on my squad.

Alvaro Saborio is a great player and has played well in his recent matches. I am probably going to add him prior to the DGW 27. I added Donovan and Holgersson this week. Both may be on my team for a while.

Regarding, Michel Garbini Pereira, he was getting his points, primarily, while playing in the midfield (and taking his Brazilian quality set pieces). Dallas moved him back to left back, the position he was brought in to play and there have been some concerns about the positioning/quality of his defending. He only played a half last week and may be in jeopardy of being completely benched.
    He is probably the last Dallas player to select right now, even with their Double Game coming up.

I think you probably made good calls in dropping both Zusi and Higuain.

6. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    How long is Zusi out?

7. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per Reddit: Zusi, he is definitely out for their CCL game tonight and their beat writer Steve Brisendine informed a KC fan over twitter today that Zusi's injury status was "day to day".

I dropped him for LD this week. Trying to stay ahead of the curve . .

8. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Yeah - I dumped him too to be safe. Loading up on Philly players with DC coming to visit.

9. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is one of the best tools, I have found, to plan which players (from the teams with the most favorable schedules) to select:

[​IMG]

StuTheriot repped this.