Gunes: "No Weak Teams In K-League"

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by inobino, Mar 30, 2007.

1. inobino

inobino Red Card

Mar 13, 2007
    Behind You
    Seoul are currently top of the standings with a perfect record of three wins from three games.

The ex-Trabzonspor boss will be hoping for a repeat of the 5-0 thrashing his team handed out to Gwangju earlier this month in the cup but knows it will not be easy.

“There are no weak teams in the K-League. I think that my opinion won’t change in the future," Gunes stated at a press conference in the South Korean capital.

"It is common to talk about the games between the big teams but we are always thinking about the next game.

"When Gwangju have played against other teams they have shown they were better than they were against us.”

The coach of the Turkish team that finished third at the 2002 World Cup told the press that his presence was helping to spread word of the K-League back home.

“In Turkey there is a great deal of interest in the K-League. Highlights of FC Seoul games are shown on Turkish TV. Turkish reporters have said that the K-League standard is higher than Turkey’s.” :rolleyes:

“Seoul could win the Turkish league. At least they would finish in the top five.

2. The One & Only

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Oct 8, 2006
    산 속에
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hmm interesting. . .

3. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't get how people think Turkey league is much better than the K-League. Never seen a Turkey match in my life but i wouldn't be surprised if K-League clubs can compete well against clubs from mid-level European leagues.

And Gwangju do suck.

4. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    because they are nlggers