Guide to... Podcasts

Discussion in 'Education and Academia' started by qwidgibo, Mar 4, 2010.

1. qwidgibo

qwidgibo New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Genève, Switzerland
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Everyone should listen to Karl Pilkington on his collaboration with Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant(co-creator of the office). To prove that this has to do with education/academia their topics are philosophy, society, the english, natural history just to name a few. Everyone should listen to them as well as the actual Ricky Gervais podcast. They are extremely funny. They just came out with a guide to... the Human body. I'm not flogging it but it is just really cool and funny.

2. qwidgibo

qwidgibo New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Genève, Switzerland
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Also Karl Pilkington has a head like an orange. It says so on Ricky Gervais's actual website.

3. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I've been enjoying BBC Radio 4's "A History of the World in 100 Objects" They are up to 30 and are taking a break for a few months. Each one is 13-15 minutes long.

4. qwidgibo

qwidgibo New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Genève, Switzerland
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    A new Guide to... podcast came out. It is their final one. It is called Guide to... the earth. It is supposed to be funny.

5. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where are these found? I've a couple of long travel days coming up and these sound like something I'd enjoy.

6. qwidgibo

qwidgibo New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Genève, Switzerland
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    You can buy the podcasts on itunes I believe they are US 1.95. ricky Gervais along with steve merchant and Karl Pilkington made normal podcasts called "the ricky gervais podcast". I think those are roughly 5 dollars for one season. Season one of the normal podcasts I believe is about 6.5 hours long.

7. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    History of the World in 100 Objects is back!!!