Guest Editorial in U-T on Abusive Coaches

Discussion in 'Player' started by Tsunami, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since there isn't a parents section to put this in...

Let's Stop Tolerating All Abusive Coaches.

I've never understood parents or program administrators (whether it be schools, leagues, or clubs) who allow any abusive coaches...

2. CC05

CC05 Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I agree, why would a soccer program allow coaches like that into their clubs? It only puts a bad name on the club and discourages people from playing. I've never had a bad experience with my coaches and haven't witnessed extreme abuse like that. Though, I have seen bad abuse from parents to their kids. But I guess coaches are in a completely different position and shouldn't be abusing it with bad behaviour.

3. #1Keeper

#1Keeper Member+

Feb 7, 2004
    I used to play for a coach who would always yell at us and use profanity quite often. We were about two-thirds through our season but I just couldn't stand him anymore so I quit. It was the best decision that I could have made because who needs a coach that doesn't respect their players?

I don't understand coaches who need to yell at players after they have made a mistake. All players, except those who are complete idiots, know when they have made a mistake and don't need someone to tell them they made a mistake.