Guatemalan Football News, Info. & Women's NT(XI)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Jan 11, 2011.

1. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Uuugghhh FU :(

2. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Agree he's "one of them" so they know he won't change anything. The only one that might put up a fight es el fish. Porque la prensa les va dar duro si no votan por el

3. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Hit the nail on the head. The people LOVE Fish.

BUT, this guy is already in. Y se le mira cara de rata, exeactly what the league owners want.

4. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Dr Aguilar would be perfect!

5. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Hell yeah he would, even Paiz would be a good pick I think. Guys with vision that would continue the "clean slate" project and really try to better every aspect of the fed.

But we all know money talks, especially in our fed. Dude has played the part of the "new process" so it's easier for him to play the "good guy" role.

6. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I know dude. The pragmatic in me tells me Berganza will win and nothing will change.

If it was up to me I'll put:

*Dr Aguilar as the president of the Federation due his vast knowledge and interesting ideas to improve our soccer foundations.

*Carlos Ruiz to be part of the Doctor's committee and act as the "face" of our futbol to bring the sponsors in. He would also fill the tremendous alcoholic void left by the one and only Bryan Jimenez.

* Gerardo Paiz in charge of the league. He's shown to be capable of transforming futsal from its grassroots. Maybe he can do so with futbol 11 as well.

*Alfonso Cruz as a continously reminder of the incompetence of people in charge. A warning to never elect anyone like him.

7. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Well I've been talking to Gerardo Paiz, and he tells me that he already got some votes on his pocket and he also supports all the kids that play abroad which is a plus in my book, I ask him about his future rival Carlos Ruiz, he told me that he doesn't qualify because of the new rules in the Federación, that you have to have at least two years of Dirigencial experience which Fish doesn't have

8. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    This part worries me, if he thinks this is the way of fixing our soccer. Cause most of our "legionarios" are simply not good enough and the change must come from within.

Now if he wants to rebuild our soccer from the ground up and improve our grassroots while complementing it with scouting abroad I'm game :)

9. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    On the surface I'm really glad experience is a must, though the cynic in me tells me this will mean Berganza wins by a landslide :'(

10. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Fed keeps working the Antigua FC fuc*k up, but now the lawyers are trying to be weasels and "fix" things behind closed doors.
    http://lared.com.gt/caso-jugadores-antigua-tribunal-honor-cdag-suspendio-audiencia/

It seems the Fed is trying to go by the book, hopefully FIFA can see that and takes that into consideration. But this is a total mess that will effect everyone and the rats in the league just sit back and let things go IMO:
    http://www.fedefutguate.org/index.p...e-de-normalizacion-audiencia-tribunal-de.html

Chul0 repped this.
  11. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Idk dude, I don't like the comision normalizadora's holier than thou attitude either. They claim to be doing everything by the book when in reality the only good thing they've done right is hire Claveri.

Let's see:

* They haven't made any real changes for the future. They haven't enacted laws to benefit the long term improvement of our soccer.

*They took too long to hire coaches for the youth teams and beach soccer (2 weeks before the competition).

* Are being used by Jimmy Morales. They even let his son sit with the team wtf??

*Either way fifa is hypocritical as well. En argentina andan peor, pero a ellos no los amenazan los culeros.

12. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones

To quote my ********** el Perro from my fifa games....e tutto finito:mad::(:cry:

13. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    @ChaChaFut

Last seen 3 months ago. Is he active on Twitter?

Chul0 repped this.
  14. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I forgot to post this yesterday, but it's been 20 years since this tragedy. And still no one has been held accountable yet ...

and to think this was gonna be my first game at the Mateo (also the reason I've never been :(

15. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Those Umbro kits. . .

16. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    F***, salimos de una para Caer en otra...manden a todos a la verga mejor :mad:

17. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    This is just ugly, and all of these folks could give a shi*t about our national teams. I'm glad the rep from FIFA said what he said, because I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Why weren't these owners and reps up at arms about Jimenez stealing all that money and doing whatever he wanted in the fed? Easy, these guys were all getting a cut. Simple as that.

By the way, who's the dude at 0:42? Looks like Jimmy Morales

18. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Vos @edcalvi porque te cambiaste el nombre?! Siempre serás el Popo para mi (como te decía tu marido el Guti)

19. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Calmáte, que ya sabemos que guti te chima como nunca. Y no sentís nada porque siempre andas bien bolo.

20. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Vos siempre con las huecadas.. dale tu vida al señor para que te componga mano

Chul0 repped this.
  21. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Ya negués tu identidad. Haha

22. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
  23. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I bet if FIFA had suspended the national league as well none of this would have ever happened. But as long as they keep making their money they could give a sh*t

Chul0 repped this.
  24. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I assume we can still participate in the Copa centroamericana since it's not FIFA. ?

25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    That falls under UNCAF, which falls under CONCACAF which falls under FIFA so I'd think the suspension would apply to the Copa Centroamericana...no?

edcalvi and Chul0 repped this.